• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

Oh, now this seems like my kind of thread.

For now, I will just say, DC animation is mediocre mostly. Some of the most praised are pretty bad, and I never got the appeal of them.

Also, DC animation does most characters terribly, except for maybe like 3 or so, everyone else is written horribly.

Pokemon XY (XYZ) is hella overrated and the only thing that it has better than sun and moon is ash's face and fight animations. The plot is basically hot garbage, its generic and boring. The characters, as much as i love em, are flat and have the character development of an average teenager within 2 days of their life during which someone told them a compliment, aka, its about as notable as a rat's fart

Pokemon XY (XYZ) is hella overrated and the only thing that it has better than sun and moon is ash's face and fight animations. The plot is basically hot garbage, its generic and boring. The characters, as much as i love em, are flat and have the character development of an average teenager within 2 days of their life during which someone told them a compliment, aka, its about as notable as a rat's fart
You mean the XYZ anime? Cause it is definitely overrated

D&P is peak Pokémon.

You mean the XYZ anime? Cause it is definitely overrated
Like, people act as if its the best thing after sliced bread, meanwhile the story is beyond generic half the time, team rocket has 0 character development and the end of the tournament was butchered cause apparently Ash-greninja losing to a fire attack makes more sense to them.

Additionally, i might as well talk about B&W. I don't hate it, in fact i really enjoyed it back when i was watching that part of the anime. It was literally my second favorite season after XY, though back in the day they were equal.

I think that the main reason it gets hate is because people don't like the characters (which i do) and they don't like the fact that ash's power got pretty much reset that season, which is annoying. But even that didn't prevent me from enjoying it. The fights were alright, some were rather fun and the stories are generic but about as generic as XY. So i was okay with it.

Additionally, i might as well talk about B&W. I don't hate it, in fact i really enjoyed it back when i was watching that part of the anime. It was literally my second favorite season after XY, though back in the day they were equal.

I think that the main reason it gets hate is because people don't like the characters (which i do) and they don't like the fact that ash's power got pretty much reset that season, which is annoying. But even that didn't prevent me from enjoying it. The fights were alright, some were rather fun and the stories are generic but about as generic as XY. So i was okay with it.
I didn't think the BW anime was that bad myself. And it pains me to see that people hate on Pikachu for losing to that Snivy when it was literally already weakened by Zekrom that nobody seemed to pay attention to.

In my personal opinion Sun and Moon was the most fun to watch. At first I thought it was cringe but then i started watching it and i couldn't stop. The stories felt more inspired, they felt nice and comfy and fun. Team rocket got an insane character boost and Ash and his new company, which was bigger than any other company he had before, had a lot of character. They didn't revolve around a single quirk but rather had a lot more to offer, had good and reasonable backstories and Lillie got a character arc the size of a wailord. Also Ash finally got a father figure.

Also regarding Sun and Moon, i loved the fact that Lusamine wasn't a crazed villain there. Instead we got a busy mother who adores her children...it felt refreshing

It has the most surface level takes on politics along with representation and symbolization of certain cultures. I can appreciate characters like Zuko for how they’re written, but not much else.

I also think it’s cool how Korra villains represent different forms of governance and their flaws.
tbh yeah, i watched it, i enjoyed it, but it's not as godly as some described it as.
Yeah, I’d agree with that. It has themes of politics, but doesn’t give a meaningful take on them. It has the potential for “deep themes” but doesn’t actually tackle them in a skillful or impactful way.

No one needs a lecture on why a tyrannical king and mass murderer was bad, nor does it take any skill to portray that. Avatars themes are extraordinarily surface level.

I didn't think the BW anime was that bad myself. And it pains me to see that people hate on Pikachu for losing to that Snivy when it was literally already weakened by Zekrom that nobody seemed to pay attention to.
Tbh is was a blatant deus ex machina with Zekrom weaking Pikachu (for no reason) and then we NEVER see Zekrom again in the BW anime afterwards. Ofc I've already said my peace on the Pokémon anime so I will drop the subject.

9Rh3HX8.png

Speaking of Pokemon, I ranked every Pokemon series from worst to best.

I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of shit for this.

DP better
XY had the most nostalgic value to me since Pokémon Y was the first Pokémon game I ever played and XY was the first Pokémon anime I ever watched. Diamond and Pearl was good too, but didn’t have the same excitement value since it already came out and XYZ was still releasing episodes at the time so XYZ had the most hype factor for me.

XY had the most nostalgic value to me since Pokémon Y was the first Pokémon game I ever played and XY was the first Pokémon anime I ever watched. Diamond and Pearl was good too, but didn’t have the same excitement value since it already came out and XYZ was still releasing episodes at the time so XYZ had the most hype factor for me.
I can relate to this, but with DP.

Ok, I’ll start, Teen Titans GO is miles better a show than people give it credit for

yes I know it has dumb toilet humour

yes I know the original is better in every way

YES I know CN gives it way too much airtime

but if you strip all the contextual issues the show has it’s a decent 5.5/10 (maybe 6/10) but your favourite account on Twitter will probably tell you it’s a 2/10 because it’s a kids show that makes fart jokes (shocker)

oh and the movie was great, easy 7.5/10 if not 8, really pleasant surprise considering how many times people have failed to make “candyfloss” cartoons into feature length films with coherent plots
The new episodes are just the authors fetish, they pretty much humillate the girl spy series on fethis level

Oh also there is a small but existing chance than they mocked the death of a real guy

The new episodes are just the authors fetish, they pretty much humillate the girl spy series on fethis level

Oh also there is a small but existing chance than they mocked the death of a real guy
Now I have even more reasons to hate the show now, thanks

Perhaps I could introduce you to this new word I came up with it's called a "joke".
Not funny I didn't laugh. Your joke is so bad I would have preferred the joke went over my head and you gave up re-telling me the joke. To be honest this is a horrid attempt at trying to get a laugh out of me. Not a chuckle, not a hehe, not even a subtle burst of air out of my esophagus. Science says before you laugh your brain preps your face muscles but I didn't even feel the slightest twitch. 0/10 this joke is so bad I cannot believe anyone legally allowed you to be creative at all. The amount of brain power you must have put into that joke has the potential to power every house on Earth. Get a personality and learn how to make jokes, read a book. I'm not saying this to be funny I genuinely mean it on how this is just bottom barrel embarrassment at comedy. You've single handedly killed humor and every comedic act on the planet. I'm so disappointed that society has failed as a whole in being able to teach you how to be funny. Honestly if I put in all my power and time to try and make your joke funny it would require Einstein himself to build a device to strap me into so I can be connected to the energy of a billion stars to do it, and even then all that joke would get from people is a subtle scuff. You're lucky I still have the slightest of empathy for you after telling that joke otherwise I would have committed every war crime in the book just to prevent you from attempting any humor ever again. We should put that joke in text books so future generations can be wary of becoming such an absolute comedic failure. Im disappointed, hurt, and outright offended that my precious time has been wasted in my brain understanding that joke. In the time that took I was planning on helping kids who have been orphaned, but because of that you've waisted my time explaining the obscene integrity of your terrible attempt at comedy. Now those kids are suffering without meals and there's nobody to blame but you. I hope you're happy with what you have done and I truly hope you can move on and learn from this piss poor attempt

Not funny I didn't laugh. Your joke is so bad I would have preferred the joke went over my head and you gave up re-telling me the joke. To be honest this is a horrid attempt at trying to get a laugh out of me. Not a chuckle, not a hehe, not even a subtle burst of air out of my esophagus. Science says before you laugh your brain preps your face muscles but I didn't even feel the slightest twitch. 0/10 this joke is so bad I cannot believe anyone legally allowed you to be creative at all. The amount of brain power you must have put into that joke has the potential to power every house on Earth. Get a personality and learn how to make jokes, read a book. I'm not saying this to be funny I genuinely mean it on how this is just bottom barrel embarrassment at comedy. You've single handedly killed humor and every comedic act on the planet. I'm so disappointed that society has failed as a whole in being able to teach you how to be funny. Honestly if I put in all my power and time to try and make your joke funny it would require Einstein himself to build a device to strap me into so I can be connected to the energy of a billion stars to do it, and even then all that joke would get from people is a subtle scuff. You're lucky I still have the slightest of empathy for you after telling that joke otherwise I would have committed every war crime in the book just to prevent you from attempting any humor ever again. We should put that joke in text books so future generations can be wary of becoming such an absolute comedic failure. Im disappointed, hurt, and outright offended that my precious time has been wasted in my brain understanding that joke. In the time that took I was planning on helping kids who have been orphaned, but because of that you've waisted my time explaining the obscene integrity of your terrible attempt at comedy. Now those kids are suffering without meals and there's nobody to blame but you. I hope you're happy with what you have done and I truly hope you can move on and learn from this piss poor attempt
I rate this joke a 0/10

It's in a limbo between a joke and seriousness

Back