• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

• anime Gakkou gurashi really gives the greatest plot twist (direct plot twist in episode 1🤣)

• the story in the anime happy sugar life is not as beautiful as the title

• the shojou genre in anime isn't too bad apparently

• How to train your dragon one of the best movies I've watched in my life

• ikki & stella are the best couple of all fiction I've watched

• danganronpa game is more fun than the anime (except SDA part)

I'm not sure if I can watch Land of the Lustrous' anime adaptation, CGI iws a real deal breaker and the manga is great as it is, I don't need an anime to watch to know that it's great

*Samurai Jack is a better "western" anime than ATLA.

*Steven Universe is neither a great or bad show, it's just mid and is hard carried by its vocal fandom and memes (for better and for worse).

*Sonic OVA is the best 2D animated interpretation of the main trio (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles) we ever gotten.

*Young Justice isn't as great as most would rate it. Most of the characters are either boring or wasted potential, the show suffers hard from a bloated cast and the juxtaposition between the different sub-plots isn't nuanced at all.

*The Pokémon anime is hard carried by nostalgia and brand power (kinda like Disney). Only long running shows can get away with having they cake and eating it by being serialised, episodic and seasonal all at the same time. Essentially a cheap excuse for filler.

*Bonus point. I highly doubt this is a "hot take" but animator studios need more respect, the fact being worked to the point of sickness while getting paid peanuts is a commonly accepted practise is just disgusting and that type of work culture needs to be fazed out ASAP!

*Samurai Jack is a better "western" anime than ATLA.

*Steven Universe is neither a great or bad show, it's just mid and is hard carried by its vocal fandom and memes (for better and for worse).

*Sonic OVA is the best 2D animated interpretation of the main trio (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles) we ever gotten.

*Young Justice isn't as great as most would rate it. Most of the characters are either boring or wasted potential, the show suffers hard from a bloated cast and the juxtaposition between the different sub-plots isn't nuanced at all.

*The Pokémon anime is hard carried by nostalgia and brand power (kinda like Disney). Only long running shows can get away with having they cake and eating it by being serialised, episodic and seasonal all at the same time. Essentially a cheap excuse for filler.

*Bonus point. I highly doubt this is a "hot take" but animator studios need more respect, the fact being worked to the point of sickness while getting paid peanuts is a commonly accepted practise is just disgusting and that type of work culture needs to be fazed out ASAP!
I only disagree with the Pokemon stuff, but everything else is pretty based for the most part.

So we just say if animated shows are bad or not and such? Nothing in regards to, for example, say how CGI can be really good in 2D environment or worse af

Back