• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

Amphibia is the best cartoon ever and I'm DEFINITELY not biased because the cartoon takes a lot of inspiration from DB

Teen titans go is mid, not good, not bad

a 5/10

ReZero needs more appreciation
ReZero is the best isekai alongside konosuba and mushoku
Tensura actually has some great character writing but people dismiss it just becuz it has a power fantasy element in it
Tensuras novels are mostly known for their powerscaling and most people wouldn't have read it otherwise
Bunny girl senpai is one of THE romance anime of all time
Shin chan, doraemon and pokemon are hood clasics
Emilia and Satella are both best girls
Rem is EXTREMELY overrated and is basically a cashcow for kadowka
There should be more sex scenes in anime instead of weirdass borderline sexual harassment with actual proper consent
Dragon ball, and The Naruto series (including Boruto) are both around the same length as one piece but nobody complains about it

ReZero needs more appreciation
ReZero is the best isekai alongside konosuba and mushoku
Tensura actually has some great character writing but people dismiss it just becuz it has a power fantasy element in it
Tensuras novels are mostly known for their powerscaling and most people wouldn't have read it otherwise
Bunny girl senpai is one of THE romance anime of all time
Shin chan, doraemon and pokemon are hood clasics
Emilia and Satella are both best girls
There should be more sex scenes in anime instead of weirdass borderline sexual harassment with actual proper consent
Dragon ball, and The Naruto series (including Boruto) are both around the same length as one piece but nobody complains about it
No comment
No comment
I mean this ones not a hot take.
W
No doubt.
No comment
She kinda is but no comment
Neither would be cool
DB and Naruto have multiple series. One Piece is literally one show.

Or you just being an elitist
No i'm serious, ever since Phase 4 everyone become so titled and elitist over Phase 4
You can take this as a hot or even cold take

No i'm serious, ever since Phase 4 everyone become so titled and elitist over Phase 4
Hot take 100%.

I don't even indulge in the MCU like that, and just from what I've seen recently, the quality of these shows and movies took a massive dip, with some exceptions here and there.

I'ma be real. There are some things I liked in Phase 4, but for the most part, I don't like a lot that was put out. Far From Home, Shang-Chi, Hawkeye, and Moon Knight were OK to me, and No Way Home was AMAZING (pun intended). But everything else is kind of dogwater to me.

And to be honest, I'm at the point where I think the Dark World is better than Ragnarok, and that the Winter Soldier was simultaneously one of the best and worst MCU films of all time, as well as that continuity gets dodged like Mysterio's drones when the Peter tingle comes out to play (pause).

I have TONS of other MCU hot takes, and I also like checking out the comics to see what characters were like. I wish Moon Knight was more violent (I mean, he literally cut off a guy's face in the comics) and shot more like the Daredevil series, I wish they kept the deleted scenes from the Hawkeye series, I wish Thor's grief was taken seriously, and I wish She-Hulk and Titania were more like their comic counterparts in terms of personality, etc.

Also, I find elitism to kind of be a turn of phrase that loses power the more it's used, like a lot of other words. The more you throw around words like "hate", "love", or even accusations about someone's moral and ethical character, or what they believe about people groups, the less power those words seem to have. If people like most of or all of Phase 4, that's their opinion, and they're entitled to that. However, I'm also entitled to my opinion of thinking that the majority of Phase 4 ranges from mid to trash with the exception of NWH. At this point, "elitist" just seems like a term that means "someone with a negative reception of something" rather than something along its actual definition.

Whose Rem?

All my homies simp for the best sister.
aapr0s6fjd161.png

Idk if this has been said already, but any animation that is upscaled to 4k 60fps looks like dogshit. Literally makes me want to throw up, I''m ******* begging people to learn what the 24 frame rule is.

Exhibit A:

I'ma be real. There are some things I liked in Phase 4, but for the most part, I don't like a lot that was put out. Far From Home, Shang-Chi, Hawkeye, and Moon Knight were OK to me, and No Way Home was AMAZING (pun intended). But everything else is kind of dogwater to me.

And to be honest, I'm at the point where I think the Dark World is better than Ragnarok, and that the Winter Soldier was simultaneously one of the best and worst MCU films of all time, as well as that continuity gets dodged like Mysterio's drones when the Peter tingle comes out to play (pause).

I have TONS of other MCU hot takes, and I also like checking out the comics to see what characters were like. I wish Moon Knight was more violent (I mean, he literally cut off a guy's face in the comics) and shot more like the Daredevil series, I wish they kept the deleted scenes from the Hawkeye series, I wish Thor's grief was taken seriously, and I wish She-Hulk and Titania were more like their comic counterparts in terms of personality, etc.

Also, I find elitism to kind of be a turn of phrase that loses power the more it's used, like a lot of other words. The more you throw around words like "hate", "love", or even accusations about someone's moral and ethical character, or what they believe about people groups, the less power those words seem to have. If people like most of or all of Phase 4, that's their opinion, and they're entitled to that. However, I'm also entitled to my opinion of thinking that the majority of Phase 4 ranges from mid to trash with the exception of NWH. At this point, "elitist" just seems like a term that means "someone with a negative reception of something" rather than something along its actual definition.
Yeah thats what i mean there
Like, i just want to enjoy man, even if it was not good but many of folks out there being Picasso and bashing all over it and i'm sick of it
Another reason why i can't go throught The Boys beside Homelander being the most (deserved) hated character of all time lel

Yeah thats what i mean there
Like, i just want to enjoy man, even if it was not good but many of folks out there being Picasso and bashing all over it and i'm sick of it
Another reason why i can't go throught The Boys beside Homelander being the most (deserved) hated character of all time lel
As far as I've seen, the people who bash a lot of Phase 4 actually do hope for the best with each new release, whether a Disney+ show or movie, but get let down. That's been my experience with Phase 4, personally. I wanted with all my heart for She-Hulk to be an awesome Disney+ show, but I saw some of it and came to the conclusion for myself that... it's not.

Secret Invasion looks good, and I really want that to be good. I'm iffy on the Fantastic Four not entirely because of how Phase 4 has been going imo, but also because Fantastic Four movies have a history of being not the best, and the movie being written by "unknown comedy writers" doesn't ease my concerns. I also don't think John Krasinski got ample time to Mr. Fantastic in Multiverse of Madness, so only time will tell if he can pull off Reed Richards better than the other iterations we've seen on the big screen. Also, I have a theory that Giancarlo Esposito will play Doctor Doom, which would be epic. I want the Fantastic Four movie to be good, even in spite of all the negative stuff I said.

Negative receptions don't always have to be trolls or review bombing. Negative receptions for stories or content could come from a place of genuine disappointment in the direction it takes, something I think everyone can relate to universally, as it's highly unlikely we've never encountered a show or movie we've had negative reactions toward. It takes listening to what's said and why they're saying it to determine which is which, but lumping everyone who didn't like something like She-Hulk together in one category as a bunch of spiteful grumps is kind of unfair to those that don't like the final product but are actually still fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Last edited:
As far as I've seen, the people who bash a lot of Phase 4 actually do hope for the best with each new release, whether a Disney+ show or movie, but get let down. That's been my experience with Phase 4, personally. I wanted with all my heart for She-Hulk to be an awesome Disney+ show, but I saw some of it and came to the conclusion for myself that... it's not.

Secret Invasion looks good, and I really want that to be good. I'm iffy on the Fantastic Four not entirely because of how Phase 4 has been going imo, but also because Fantastic Four movies have a history of being not the best, and the movie being written by "unknown comedy writers" doesn't ease my concerns. I also don't think John Krasinski got ample time to Mr. Fantastic in Multiverse of Madness, so only time will tell if he can pull off Reed Richards better than the other iterations we've seen on the big screen. Also, I have a theory that Giancarlo Esposito will play Doctor Doom, which would be epic. I want the Fantastic Four movie to be good, even in spite of all the negative stuff I said.

Negative receptions don't always have to be trolls or review bombing. Negative receptions for stories or content could come from a place of genuine disappointment in the direction it takes, something I think everyone can relate to universally, as it's highly unlikely we've never encountered a show or movie we've had negative reactions toward. It takes listening to what's said and why they're saying it to determine which is which, but lumping everyone who didn't like something like She-Hulk together in one category as a bunch of spiteful grumps is kind of unfair to those that don't like the final product but are actually still fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
To be honest, I actually did like the two original F4 movies. But that 2015 one was actually complete garbage

I hate it when people judge an entire anime announcement by one shot that looks off in comparison to other great shots, when the whole announcement is just footage for one specific event

I am totally not saying this based on experience sarcasm

To be honest, I actually did like the two original F4 movies. But that 2015 one was actually complete garbage
Fair. I remember seeing the first two vaguely, but I wanna rewatch them just to be sure of my opinion on them.

Last edited:
I think Avatar: The Last Airbender is great, but I think people hyping it up can get really annoying from time to time. Especially when comparing it to other cartoons mercilessly.
I don't even think it's great. I just think it's good, but nothing crazy.

Fans be hyping it up as the greatest cartoon of all time, but I honestly don't see it.

I don't even think it's great. I just think it's good, but nothing crazy.

Fans be hyping it up as the greatest cartoon of all time, but I honestly don't see it.
Because they are Nick fans and Nick is about as close to mid as possible without being mid. Most of its shows are meh and the ones that are good fall off. Avatar was always great and never fell off. I do have to admit, its storytelling is second to none in my book. Great action, great worldbuilding. Avatar is a great show, just overrated (but not overhyped.)

I think Avatar: The Last Airbender is great, but I think people hyping it up can get really annoying from time to time. Especially when comparing it to other cartoons mercilessly.
That's likely due to it's complex story and character development

Because they are Nick fans and Nick is about as close to mid as possible without being mid. Most of its shows are meh and the ones that are good fall off. Avatar was always great and never fell off. I do have to admit, its storytelling is second to none in my book. Great action, great worldbuilding. Avatar is a great show, just overrated (but not overhyped.)
Agree to disagree with the Avatar take.

Avatar is just not my kind of cartoon ig. I'm a episodic kind of guy, so I guess it just doesn't appeal to me that much.

Back