• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

Hot Take: It gets tiring seeing all of these villains do irredeemable things to the main cast just to get redeemed for the most contrived reasons possible.

I don't mind redemption arcs, but nowadays, it just seems like writers redeem the villain just to please the fandom rather than to make a good show with solid writing and character development.

Hot Take: It gets tiring seeing all of these villains do irredeemable things to the main cast just to get redeemed for the most contrived reasons possible.

I don't mind redemption arcs, but nowadays, it just seems like writers redeem the villain just to please the fandom rather than to make a good show with solid writing and character development.
This. Let villains be villains again.

This. Let villains be villains again.
SU and She-Ra get so much praise for their redemption arcs (especially She-Ra), but the fandoms fail to realize how blatantly ****** some of those redemptions are.

The only time a redemption arc in SU was ever good was Peridot's redemption arc, and (maybe) Lapis and Bismuth, but even then, the Lapis' arc never really reached a conclusion imho.

Don't get me started on The Diamonds...

For She-Ra, the fans were so caught up in shipping Adora and Catra that they didn't realize how abusive Catra was. She literally almost destroyed the whole world over Adora. But "SeXy CAt GiRl ABuSiNG/tORrTuRInG hEr CRuSh Is SOoOoO hOt😩"

Nah you guys just aren't old enough. I know some older mfs who would kill upon hearing the word Spiderverse and best in the same sentence.

Again, this isn’t an animation hot take, but this new Wednesday show that’s trending on Netflix looks kinda overrated tbh

I feel like this thread should be called the fiction hot takes thread so that everyone could share their takes on live action movies or tv shows

Again, this isn’t an animation hot take, but this new Wednesday show that’s trending on Netflix looks kinda overrated tbh

I feel like this thread should be called the fiction hot takes thread so that everyone could share their takes on live action movies or tv shows
No. We have a separate thread for that 🗿

I never heard about that show before, what even is it about?

images

This the show or sumn

Ngl I seen the clip of Wednesday splitting the room in half and that shit was mid. I had ZERO emotion throughout the whole clip. Obviously not my demographic but even shows that don't appeal to me don't have me doing this the entire video 😐

This is not hot take, this is a common take tbh

You'd be surprised at how many people praise any redemption arc just because their favorite character got redeemed.
Not really, it all depend to the writting, if the villain got redeemed with such of bad characterization and writting, how can you praise that? Prime example recently is Scaramouche from Genshin Impact, and let's not forget Garou near the end of his saga

A villain that got redeemed but still retain his/her bad atrocities is way better than became a full pledged good guy, then again it comes to the writting once more

Not really, it all depend to the writting, if the villain got redeemed with such of bad characterization and writting, how can you praise that? Prime example recently is Scaramouche from Genshin Impact, and let's not forget Garou near the end of his saga

A villain that got redeemed but still retain his/her bad atrocities is way better than became a full pledged good guy, then again it comes to the writting once more
True, but I seriously don't think you realize the amount of people who praise and/or defend shows like She-Ra when it's blatantly obvious that the writing in the latter end of the show is atrocious when it came to redeeming Catra.

True, but I seriously don't think you realize the amount of people who praise and/or defend shows like She-Ra when it's blatantly obvious that the writing in the latter end of the show is atrocious when it came to redeeming Catra.
Some would hate it, some would defend it, that's the nature of fandom
Heck, you can tell that many of folks defended Garou redeemption as well, so it's not much of surprise to me

Back