• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

It boggles my mind when people ask who's beating Goku, and then they say some random, and im talking like Harmony Gold DB dub levels of obscure Light Novel character from something named along the lines of "I Got Turned Into a High 6-A One Piece Goon" and is some Unicron level smurf. I miss the good ol days of AP Brawlers. In conclusion, light novels are mid. If you want entertainment, go watch Power Rangers Zeo or Johnny Test. 🥱 🚪

Star Wars The Clone Wars 2008 is overrated and Home on the Range and Chicken Little are perfectly fine Disney Films. My hots take for animation.

Hot Take: Season 4 of Johnny Test and Season 6 of Fairly OddParents aren't as bad as people make them to be.

Hot Take: Is it just me, or was I fine with Sparky in Season 9 of The Fairly OddParents? I mean, I did find some particular scene in his first appearance funny (“And a one, and a two, and a-GAAAAAHHHHH!!!”)

Hot Take 2: I think Chris was fine during the first 2 seasons of Sonic X

Hot Take: Is it just me, or was I fine with Sparky in Season 9 of The Fairly OddParents? I mean, I did find some particular scene in his first appearance funny (“And a one, and a two, and a-GAAAAAHHHHH!!!”)
Imo, he wasn't the absolute worst, but I still didn't like him for reasons I'm pretty sure you already know.

Fairly OddParents should've ended at "Meet The OddParents" in Season 8. That honestly would've been the perfect ending for the show.

Hot Take: Catradora, while cool on paper, is one of the most toxic ships in modern animation.
I watched the DreamWorks She-Ra a couple years ago and I knew this ship had some ill winds from the very beginning but what really sunk it for me was Catra getting redeemed and forgiven for her crimes in a short period of time (She legit teamed up with a mass murder and inflicted so much suffering on others). Special mention to Scorpia, she deserves a way better "friend" than a sociopathic cat girl that took her for granted almost all of the time.

Tbh most heroXvillain ships are either toxic, creepy, stupid or all three imo.

I watched the DreamWorks She-Ra a couple years ago and I knew this ship had some ill winds from the very beginning but what really sunk it for me was Catra getting redeemed and forgiven for her crimes in a short period of time (She legit teamed up with a mass murder and inflicted so much suffering on others). Special mention to Scorpia, she deserves a way better "friend" than a sociopathic cat girl that took her for granted almost all of the time.

Fr. This trope is so played out.

To make a Hero X Villain ship work, you'd have to make the character reasonably redeemable, or, alternatively, why not have the hero become a villain? They always tend to be one-sided.

Or just have both be anti-heroes and save yourself some time.

People heavily underrate Season 1 of Amphibia, and it's very obvious as to why.

I have a soft spot for it, but people just say it's "unimportant" or "filler", when it's entire point was to get to know the world of Amphibia, as well as the characters.

It's called establishing the show. Something lore obsessed fandoms know nothing about, and just want to skip an entire season just so they can get to the dark and deep moments of the show.

I'm gradually getting sick and tired of people saying "Anime >>>> Cartoons" or "Cartoons aren't original anymore", as if there isn't dozens upon dozens of anime that regurgitate the same tropes arguably more than cartoons have.

Saying anime is better than cartoons or vice versa is just a dumb statement imo. Both sides have plenty of stuff that can appeal to anyone.

I'm gradually getting sick and tired of people saying "Anime >>>> Cartoons" or "Cartoons aren't original anymore", as if there isn't dozens upon dozens of anime that regurgitate the same tropes arguably more than cartoons have.

Saying anime is better than cartoons or vice versa is just a dumb statement imo. Both sides have plenty of stuff that can appeal to anyone.
This take is cold and wrong. Specifically this part.
You can say this about anything. Both having stuff which appeal to side, doesn't make them equal. And this is coming from someone who likes both just about equally.

You can say this about anything. Both having stuff which appeal to side, doesn't make them equal. And this is coming from someone who likes both just about equally.
Just enjoy what you like. Imo, I enjoy both equally because both anime and cartoons have stuff that appeals to me. Can't get any more concrete and straightforward.

Back