• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Angels of Life and Death: Jehola vs. Mastema

An Angel in the shape of an anthropomorphic Dove known as Jehola had been on a mission to find the Angel of Death who was causing Destruction and havoc across the Multiverse. After many long years of searching, she stumbled upon a Sheep looking lady. The Dove Angel used her massive and beautiful wings to fly closer and she sensed something horrible. Rage like she had never seen before. Fury that she could not fathom. She realized this was the Angel that she had been looking for for so many years. The sheep lady known as Mastema had taken notice of her intruder and knew what was going to happen.

They both locked eyes, and prepared to attack. A Scythe had formed in Jehola's hand while a Spear formed in Mastema's, as they began to battle. Who would win in this epic battle? Would life continue on, or would it meet the end at the hands of what it always had? Only time will tell...

FIGHT

So when I finished Jehola, I realized that her and Mastema are both Angels that are literal polar opposites in practically every way.

Life Manipulation vs. Death Manipulation.

ENFP vs ISTJ.

Chaotic Good vs. Lawful Evil.

Tol af Quirky and Creative Birb vs. Smoler but still tol Angery af Destructive Shep

Battle Takes Place in a desolate and empty Universe

Speed will be equalized.

Pure Mastema vs. Greatest Horrors Arc Jehola

Neutral Battle Theme: The Greatest Jubilee

Jehola's Theme: Heart of Fire

Mastema's Theme: Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)

I can't say much about them so far, since I didn't go in-depth into each of their powers, but they seem pretty equal at first glance. I'd need more information about both characters, but for now I'll go inconclusive because of their power sets seemingly nullify the other's, and their physical stats seem relatively equal as well.

All in all inconclusive until more information is given about both characters. XP

Nice.

First off, I'll assume that Jehola and Mastema's martial arts skill are comparable, but even so, Mastema has Limbo, Luminous Fist, and Zero Heart, so her martial arts options are more varied.

Mastema can probably survive Holy Fire. She has the resistances, the willpower, and also the nature - Mastema's true nature is a spaceless, timeless, lawless void. She's already there. Accelerating her to the void wouldn't really work. She probably has the computation power and skill to deal with the Scythe of Eternity and could match it with the Spear of Destiny. The Greatest Form of Flattery will probably actually backfire, given that analyzing and trying to use Mastema's techniques gives you a badly watered down version by default while also hitting you with death magic.

Countershield isn't much of a problem, given that Mastema can tank even multiple Spears of Destiny without issue, and Mastema can resist time reversal or retaliate by accelerating her own time if her resistances are wore down. Mastema can deal with immortality and Regenerationn negation, and she'll only become more resistant to everything used on her over time. This includes power nullification stuff. Jehola does, too, but Mastema will alter her own abilities to compensate, and as Pure Mastema, she's getting steadily stronger over time. They both have limitless stamina, but I think Mastema still has the advantage here. Given that she can outlast people on her level while on her deathbed.

Mastema also has her curses, laws, Divine Persecution, and of course, the ability to make other angels Fall from grace.

Then there's both of their pocket worlds. Jehola's is a lot more straightforwardly useful, and will be quite the bother for Mastema. Sheol Necrocosmos should even things out, though, with the two layering over each other to make some nightmare realm in which most of their effects are probably canceled out by each other. But Sheol Necrocosmos still erases the laws of physics, which will give Mastema so much more flexibility and make all of her magic easier.

Jehola can't use the Fate of All Things, but Mastema can use Big Bang Necrocosm and will use it at the first opportunity. Given that she can start its effects inside of her and then teleport them out, I doubt Jehola would have the time to properly react before the Big Bang nukes the universe.

So I'm leaning towards Mastema, albeit with high difficulty.

Ah, yeah, you gave valid reasons, Prom! Though one thing I should probably note about the void is that this void is considered the end of all possible things. Life, Death, Power, etcetera, so while Mastema may still exist, I'm not sure if she could use her powers since her being in that realm means she's in a state where nothing could possibly ever exist again at least until the multiverse resets.

Also hrm...Yeah, I'd say Mastema wins more times out of ten in general with what you stated. Mastema one-ups her in nearly everything and Jehola's Indomitable will may help her for only so long (As a comparison, it acts similarly to how Lucifer can refuse to die in Starcross thanks to her will), but still with what Mastema has in powers, versatility, and strength, I'll give it to her.

(On a side note you gave me the most terrifying image of Mastema pretty much zombifying everything in The Garden of Eden to make some sort of horrific Flesh Realm with Sheol Necrocosmos)

Back