• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

And you thought the original boss fights were hard... Sora vs Sephiroth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Sora beat Sephiroth twice in his canon. But, can he take on the real One Winged Angel?

Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

vs

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)

Rules:

• Composite canon Sora vs composite canon Sephiroth.
  • Speed equalized.
  • In-character.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.
  • The match takes place on an abandoned, indestructible Earth.
Music:

Neutral Battle Music

Sora's Battle Music

Sephiroth's Battle Music

Score:

Sora: 0

Sephiroth: 4

Inconclusive: 1

Sora KHIII
Sephiroth Advent Children Complete

Sephiroth via much higher AP, Resistance to nearly all his hax (save Existence Erasure), and superior hax like OHK, Dimensional BFR, Transmutation, Intangibility, Soul Attacks, and Type 8 Immortality via the Geostigma.

Sephy handily.

I say Sephy with a pretty big advantage here. Sora's best bet is Existence Erasure while Sephiroth has a lot more options and AP advantage. Going for him.

Sora is resistant to Transmutation and basically most of sephiroths abilities minus ap.

Also, He broke out of Zexions pocket dimension fairly easily, so I doubt BFR is an issue.

Intangibility is a thing but it is not something I can see Sephiroth using it often. Even if it was, he can't fight with it so it is a moot point.

Type 8 immortality is not combat applicable, Sephiroth only came back via outside help. Yes he is 'immortal' with geostigma, but he can't come back without someone as a vessel to possess, which again requires outside help.

Reflect counter OHK via magic and can 'revive himself' either as Anti-Form sora, Second Chance and Once More. Leaf Bracer also gives him temporarily invulnerability with attacks.

So... he gets OHKed, is now Second Chanced, heals himself and is now fighting fit again.

Also, Sora has a far more varied combat experience. Sephiroth is a war hero, sure. But Sora has fought a bunch of people with a variety of abilities, Including Xemnas who has control over 'nothingness'

It is a class case inconclusive, basically who shoots who first.

Honestly, the votes above should be discounted considering I debunked most of it.

The only advantage Sephiroth has is AP which to be fair, is massively in his favor.

Theglassman12 said:
Seph dog should take this via AP.
Are you just going to ignore the above--

He also one shoots with warp, this is inconclusive.

The chance of him one shotting with AP is literally the exact same as Sora one shotting with Warp.

Sephiroth obliterates by being over 3000 times stronger, resisting Sora's Time Stop, casting a Death Spell, time stopping and calling it a day, turning him into a frog, etc. etc. etc. over Sora's one and only way of winning.

No really, this is a stomp for Sephiroth.

Gargoyle One said:
Sephiroth obliterates by being over 3000 times stronger, resisting Sora's Time Stop, casting a Death Spell, time stopping and calling it a day, turning him into a frog, etc. etc. etc. over Sora's one and only way of winning.
No really, this is a stomp for Sephiroth.
Sora is now resistant to time stop, has nullified death magic from Marluxia, resistant to trasmutation.

He is 3000 time stronger, but he has warp, so there is that.

It probably at best just comes down to who shoots who first.

Plus, Sephiroth tends to not open with supernova except when bloodlusted.

Which by that logic, sora would still open with warp if bloodlusted himself.

And Sephiroth is also resistant to some of sora's Abilities. So that pretty much balances out the whole hax and abilities on both sides.

Theglassman12 said:
And Sephiroth is also resistant to some of sora's Abilities. So that pretty much balances out the whole hax and abilities on both sides.
Same thing with sora.

And again, saying he will one shot is the exact same thing as saying Sora one shots.

Both are equally true. Considering only one reason for a vote isnt a good argument imo.

Sephiroth doesn't need to open with Supernova, as a matter of fact AC doesn't even have it.

So.....Sephiroth taps him, he (Probably Won't) ressurect, and Sephiroth taps him again or casts a death spell or Mind screws him. Since Sora's resistance doesn't quite compare.

Gargoyle One said:
Sephiroth doesn't need to open with Supernova, as a matter of fact AC doesn't even have it.
So.....Sephiroth taps him, he (Probably Won't) ressurect, and Sephiroth taps him again or casts a death spell or Mind screws him. Since Sora's resistance doesn't quite compare.
Sora is also resistant to death magick from Marluxia and also resistant to mind manipulation

Did you not read his profile? It is obvious you haven't.

I would love to vote Sephiroth, but at best it just comes down to who shoots who first.

Again, saying he would one shot with supernova is forgetting sora can do the same--

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Being able to one shot with AP >>>> being able to one shot with one certain skill.

Sephiroth stomps.
I doubt it.

If it is a stomp match for AP, then I can discount Sora vs Zero, which is accepted as well and he is two times in magnitude in strength compared to Baseline SS sora.

4-B is a stupidly wide tier.

Gargoyle One said:
You do know that a composite version of Sephiroth is used here right?

What does Sora vs Zero have to do with this? Yeah, discount it, that was before Sora had any resistances after all and is massively outdated.

It is. Sephiroth is over 3000 times stronger.

The gap between the two is more than the gap between Mard Geer and Whitebeard, while Mard has the hax advantage nothing really stops Whitebeard from one shotting casually.

Now this is the same case here but on steroids. Sephiroth has the durability to tank 99% of the things Sora can do meanwhile Sora's only chance is his Warp but he'd get his cheeks clapped before he can.

Gargoyle One said:
What does Sora vs Zero have to do with this? Yeah, discount it, that was before Sora had any resistances after all and is massively outdated.
It is. Sephiroth is over 3000 times stronger.
My point, which it seems you missed is we accept AP gaps of similar orders of strength.

If you think this is an AP stomp, by all means ask Ever, Repp or another admin to close it.

I really do not mind but my points stands.

Seph one shotting = Sora one shotting.

..Probably. Considering this AC seph, might come back later but I will stand by this vote via occams razor.

No shit, tho 3000x stronger is in no way shape or form similar lol.

Same tier, literally the only similarity.

From my understanding, Sora only one shots with one skill. However, there is the problem of him actually deciding to use it aside from using anything Sephy resists. Meanwhile even without Supernova, the AP gap is so large that Sephy literally only has to tap Sora dead. AP is much more important than people give it credit for.

Of course that is the basic gist of it.

Also Kin, calm down.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Now this is the same case here but on steroids. Sephiroth has the durability to tank 99% of the things Sora can do meanwhile Sora's only chance is his Warp but he'd get his cheeks clapped before he can.
That is my point Knight, we accept large gaps of AP before, and sometimes they lose and sometimes they win.

Whats to say sora wont open with warp is literally the exact same as saying Sephiroth wont open with SS.

I might lean a tad to Seph, but it still seems inconclusive.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also Kin, calm down.
I am calm (calmer now)

But my point stands. I am not trying to be rude, sorry if it appears as such. I am just stating it as such.

If it is closed for an AP stomp, I am fine with it.

My points I think still stand.

(Although to be fair, I already partly disagree with SS Sora anyway)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
From my understanding, Sora only one shots with one skill. However, there is the problem of him actually deciding to use it aside from using anything Sephy resists. Meanwhile even without Supernova, the AP gap is so large that Sephy literally only has to tap Sora dead. AP is much more important than people give it credit for.

Of course that is the basic gist of it.

Also Kin, calm down.
Kin.

I ask you to look at some of the matches where lower tiered characters have won, and tell me if the opponent can kill the other in any way, or if Sora has anywhere near as much hax as the ones used.

@Garg

Usually, it comes down to one hax or a few hax or being faster or having higher dura etc etc, I am massively generalizing.

I remember Okuyasu beating Kuwabara because of it, as well as a few more that escape me.

@Kin That's not how it works.

The fact that you assume out of all abilities he has, the guy is going to immediately use Warp immediately all the time.

Compare that to the guy who is a swordsman, who can slash Sora, can use basic elemental magic and Supernova, all of which are faaaaaar above Sora in durability. No matter how you slice it, Sephiroth has many more chances here compared to Sora's one chance.

Honestly, Sephy has my vote.

@Dragon

I am not trying to nitpick, but Sora has resistance to Elemental Magic. I understand your points, which to be fair are well made.

I still think inconclusive, albeit lean to seph I guess.

I apologize for coming off as passive-aggressive.

0 - 5 - 1 ig. Nobody commented on whether prep time should be given to Sora or not. That, or maybe bloodlusted Sora?

Gargoyle One said:
I still think Sephiroth Stomps, but if it goes through, that's cool.
I am just not for the logic if it is an ap stomp, therefore be closed

Setting aside absolutely all bias, if its get added for Seph because AP, I wont get salty.

I have absolutely no issue 4-B being as wide as it is.

Although to be fair, AP stomp should be better defined

@Dragon

Get on it please, because anything at this point can be called an 'AP stomp' for the massively wide tiers.

Heck, Garnet vs WB was closed because it was an 'AP stomp'

@Kin Yes, he's resistant to elemental magic, however, has Sora ever resisted magical power from someone from what I got from above, 3000x stronger than him?

Xmark12 said:
0 - 5 - 1 ig. Nobody commented on whether prep time should be given to Sora or not. That, or maybe bloodlusted Sora?
If bloodlusted, probably inconclusive.

Dragon partially convinced me, although I still lean inconclusive.

Definitely, make it more fair, but i dont think it matters? (I really have no clue---)

Edit: Mostly wanted to call out the hax part because the Sora changes were recent and are not valid.

AP is fair

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Kin Yes, he's resistant to elemental magic, however, has Sora ever resisted magical power from someone from what I got from above, 3000x stronger than him?
I get this is a rhetorical question, so point conceded.

Also, apparently the AP advantage is even worse when you consider the FF7 party scales to the feat from Safer Sephiroth, and AC Sephiroths MEAR MINIONS stomp the party on their own.

Gargoyle One said:
Also, apparently the AP advantage is even worse when you consider the FF7 party scales to the feat from Safer Sephiroth, and AC Sephiroths MEAR MINIONS stomp the party on their own.
Source? I had no clue this is a thing-----.

Edit: Oh loz and stuff.

Yeah, it could be pis but yeah this as well, make sense to me.

Either way, this is a mismatch as Sora really lacks any real good abilities other than Warp that can hurt Sephy. Meanwhile, Sephy has basically everything BUT warp and astronomically higher AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back