• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Analyzing the Tiering System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siperri123 said:
When this new system is applied, ichiban daimaou verse will be very op.
Yes, IUND, Umineko, and the Cthulhu Mythos will probably be at the top.

Given the cosmology of the verse fits this description pretty well, yes, Daimaou will be the strongest verse bar the Big Two.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Cthulhu mythos is probably always gonna be at the top, tbh
Yeah. Thats just the nature of Lovecraft's writing and cosmology. Everything is so incomprehensible it transcends all maths and shit.

So will this be discussed here or...

I would imagine so, yes. That's too big of a work load to start processing right now. First comes discussing the changes to the tiering itself, everything else comes after.

@Antoniofer

Infinite hierarchies of beings that completely transcend all degrees of what we are able to define as reality. Then again, maybe I have misunderstood parts of the new system.

Well they're not really "boosted", it's just that few things were actually at that level and separating the tiers makes the disparity more apparent.

I was nominally part of arguing about some of this stuff, guess I'll comment something more substantial later. I was on board with the general idea of tiering off ordinals though

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Let's please stop derailing about the hierarchy of probably affected verses, that's not at all what this thread is about.
What Lance said. Leave that for another thread

I mostly agree with this, and proposal 1 seems the best at the moment.

However I have several criticisms, not of this new system itself, but of the way this case was handled that I may or may not post here (it wouldn't exactly be the most appropriate thing, but at the same time it is directly related to it).

At the moment though? Tired as shit.

I'm only going to pop in for a quick statement - I have read the thread, comprehended it, and agreed on what I read.

So this get a definite Yay from me.

As for which option, I feel like I like Option 1 better, but I don't really care in the end.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This revision actually benefits Marvel given that it has a system explicitely based around cardinals smh.
Well, according to one early 1990s Doctor Strange writer that has been consistently ignored by all other writers afterwards. Marvel is extremely messy.

I am shutting up now. Please return to the main topic.

Low 1-C would be R^6 to R^10

1-C would be R^11 up to R^any higher finite number

High 1-C would be R^omega

I'm pretty sure it was like this.

It is very important that we get new easy to understand explanation pages for the new system, so our visitors and members are able to mostly properly understand and apply it into practical use.

Ogbunabali said:
Low 1-C would be R^6 to R^10

1-C would be R^11 up to R^any higher finite number

High 1-C would be R^omega

I'm pretty sure it was like this.
This means the current Low 1-C to High 1-C get rolled into Low 1-C, current 1-B becomes 1-C and current High 1-B becomes High 1-C.

One question, why spliting the difference with 10D instead of 11D like M-Theory?

Because M-Theory is wack, and it uses compact dimensions either way. Plus it's pretty arbitrary, and that's a question for Ultima.

I hope Aeyu gets to be unbanned, as she was the one that actually worked on this thread behind the scenes

Anyways, as this has been worked around in a server at Discord where most staff members are in, thanks to the complete elaboarations Aeyu has done to me about this back then before it was set in stone, I agree with option 1

However I have several criticisms, not of this new system itself, but of the way this case was handled

Me too, Crab, me too...

Sera EX said:
However I have several criticisms, not of this new system itself, but of the way this case was handled

Me too, Crab, me too...
I think we all do

That seems to be the biggest issue most people have.

I predicted this months in advance that all the secrecy would stir up unrest within the community. I said this level of secrecy was unacceptable but was mostly ignored. It's not like I enjoy being proven right about things like this.

@Bobsican

It isn't that simple. According to what I have been told Aeyu was the one who told another banned member to dox Sera's family, and we banned other members of the Discord channel in question for less, but we are derailing again.

I would elaborate on that more but uh, I am currently in desperate need of sleep, so...

@Sera & Crabwhale

I don't think that secrecy is the right word. I just wanted this to be properly prepared so no mistakes were made, due to being worried that we would severely mess things up otherwise. That is all. There are no shady intentions whatsoever behind that this took so long. DontTalkDT has just been very busy, and not had much time to quickly correspond with Ultima about it.

I also do not remember receiving any warnings from anybody about that being careful would be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back