• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anakin Skywalker (Legends) vs Galen Marek

Starkiller already kinda beaten Darth Vader, which is superior to Anakin Skywalker in all stats except speed. So he gets my vote.

Elgb333 said:
Starkiller already kinda beaten Darth Vader, which is superior to Anakin Skywalker in all stats except speed. So he gets my vote.
Wasn't Darth Vader suppost to be weaker than Anakin thanks of the damage that he had suffer after the battle with Obi-Wan?

From what I remember was that speed was the most affected by his duel with obi Wan (as well as not being able to use force lightning). But so far since he's gotten further into the dark side, as well as his cyborg body, he's gotten a lot stronger and more powerful.

Elgb333 said:
From what I remember was that speed was the most affected by his duel with obi Wan (as well as not being able to use force lightning). But so far since he's gotten further into the dark side, as well as his cyborg body, he's gotten a lot stronger and more powerful.
I had checked out in the Darth Vader's profile and it turned out that he had surpass his previous peak in power only by the time of Return of the Jedi.

I'm not that sure. As much as I remember as well as what I know from Wookipedia, Anakin learned new forms of force combat as well as enhanced strength and reach, utilize new force powers that he never used in his youth, as well as armor durability after his fight with obi Wan (so he was in an essence, more powerful than his Clone Wars self in my opinion).

Stefano4444 said:
Wasn't Darth Vader suppost to be weaker than Anakin thanks of the damage that he had suffer after the battle with Obi-Wan?
Darth Vader only lost the potential to be one day twice as powerful as the likes of Palpatine and Yoda. But he mastered what Force power he still had to such an extent that he surpassed end of Clone Wars era Anakin, who had raw power but little control, skill, precision (like other Councillor level Jedi and Dooku). While it is true that full flesh Anakin could have one day been as powerful as Palpatine and Yoda combined, that was only his true potential. As of the end of the Clone Wars, he was around Dooku's level and just below Mace Windu i.e. he could only use that level of power at that time.

Some Legends novel (don't remember which) stated that Dooku was only slightly less powerful than cybernetic Vader. If so, then end of Clone Wars Anakin and Vader are pretty close in terms of the raw power they have access to (full flesh Anakin just has the potential to be twice or thrice as powerful as cybernetic Vader at his peak). What separates the two is skill and precision. Anakin used the Force like a blunt instrument. Vader often did so as well but also had the kind of surgical precision you would expect from the likes of Dooku. Plus he had a more well developed and versatile lightsaber style which borrowed from a wider variety of forms (Djem So forming the backbone with elements of Makashi, Soresu, Shii Cho thrown in) than Anakin's two (Djem So plus Ataru). I'm not saying Anakin was a bad lightsaber duellist (he was among the best of his time) but cybernetic Vader at his peak was just that much better. Plus there is Vader's Dun Moch.

So yeah, RoTS Anakin and RoTJ Vader are close in raw power but Vader trounces him in skill and precision completely.

Back