• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Uncharted Turnabout (grace)

Calling it this cause almost nobodies gonna look at this and cause haha funny joke

Phoenix Wright proved that Nathan Drake caused millions of dollars in destruction at a mueseum and is responsible for every last bit of it due to recklessness. So Nathan tries to escape the area until Phoenix runs after him and yeets both of them out a window. When they hit the floor. Nathan rolls a few meters away and they both get up.

Phoenix: You are going to pay for your crimes

Nathan: No, Fauq u

Speed is equal

9-B versions used

Both are willing to kill

Takes place outside in a random city

Who wins and why?

Phoenix Wright: 7

Nathan Drake:

Inconclusive/Draw:

Oooooo this is interesting

Would Nathan's luck allow him to avoid being pointed at? Also Drake should be able to take one or two explosions before going down

Ummm. His luck is limited. His screen going red is his luck running out. Which happens as more bullets shoot at him. So an entire onslaught, almost like danmaku, except it's all one really wide attack, I doubt his luck is protections him from wind attacks. Too wide and long in range, and his luck isn't that good. Explosions are more laser or shot based. So he could get lucky and dodge those if Phoenix used those. But only dodge being hit by it directly. He could dodge being in the point blank center a lot. Not the rest of the explosion if it's too close to him. Light is a no. Cause that's everywhere. Just like his winds.

Soul hacks is weirder. Cause we don't know how that works entirely. Just point is all he did. There wasn't a projectile of any sort.

And survive a good hit or two from an explosion yea. I think so iirc.

Nathan is lucky, but if there is nothing in the random city is there to stop phoenix from simply pointing at Nathan's general direction, he will just play keep away the entire fight and easily defeat Nathan's lack of hax.

Phoenix for me.

Phoenix takes this comfortably. Nathan's guns aren't typically strong enough to injure Phoenix, or at least even pierce him. He is too high. He charges ahead and points once which hits Nathan with enough force to practically kill him. Or just kinda charges him physically and elbows him. And his luck doesn't help. Dodging bullets vs Dodging a tornado or whirlwind. Or explosion. Phoenix via strength, durability, and hacks.

And just why are Phoenix's pointers given so much credit? Admittedly, I don't know much about Wright, but from looking at the videos justifying his powers, it really looks like they're cinematic effects than actual powers.

That explosion Wright shot out of his fingers? The explosion was very small and Godot himself was barely scratched while his mask just short-circuited. The beam of light? The person Wright pointed to wasn't even harmed, but rather just shocked that he still had evidence against him. Wright forcing a soul out of that girl's body? Just what is there to suggest that Wright was even responsible for doing that himself? If that's the case then why didn't he force the spirit out of her body from the beginning (unless plot had something to do with it) and additionally, it seems like the spirit left the body merely because she suffered a crushing defeat from Wright in court. Overall, all of these are just overdramatic, cinematic effects for whenever Wright points and calls out 'objection' or when his foes are in utter shock that they were bested by him (such as the guy in the video showcasing Wright's light beam).

With this in mind, how is he gonna harm Nate, who tanked RPG's and tank shells without issue? Sure he may have the AP (which idk what the gap is between the two), but how is that gonna help when Wright has zero combat experience and training while Nate has all of that in spades including superior lifting strength? Also, while 9-B versions are used, Nate still has his explosives which are 9-A unless that is restricted. Personally, Nate takes this for me with all those points considered.

I wanted to try and sit this one out but a lot of those things I need talk about

1. It is not random effect. These attacks have shown actual effect in the real world. Papers rustling, people being sent flying, a literal reaction of them acknowledging it coming at them. So none of those are an effect. Heck, it literally hits Manfred and his can disnigrates compltely. It's more than people being shocked. It's sometimes people being thrown across the courtroom. Which he has done before. He has pointed her Gumshoe in the gut and he acknowledges that he just hit him and it hurt. And the anime he caused an explosion pre to Godots mask blowing up. There's a link on his profile about it. Watch the link and it specifically explodes by Phoenix's point before his mask malfunctions due to said explosion. And Godots mask broke as a reaction to Phoenix's explosion in those case. It caused the thing to malfunction and result in the explosion which makes him bleed.

2. For the soul thing. There couldn't have been anything else that was doing it. She herself obviously didn't do it because literally says she doesn't want to leave and isn't ready. So there is 0 reason we should elective she left on her own. Her statements and screaming she didn't want to go is pretty straight forward. It was done on Phoenixs command. Adding all that up. And he literally needed her for the case. This spirit was a witness. If he just went and banned her, he would have lost so much information and the location of Mia. (Albeit. He would have found her fast because the spirit was possessing Mia. But he didn't know that. So we can't fault him for his actions there). So it makes sense he didn't Yeet away the spirit with extremely valuable information to the case.

So those points there aren't gonna work. The effects are 100 percent real considering they take real world effects in the show. There is no denying it's real world effects and damage. People acknowledging them, people being thrown and hurt get them, and them effecting or breaking other items.

@Butter

Ah okay, I see now. All right, then I'm convinced. But my other points still stand. Godot's mask breaks and draws blood from him as a result of the explosion. That's fine and all, but again such a small explosion like that isn't in the same league as RPG's and tank shells. Wright's other abilities such as his air manipulation can definitely push others back, but as far as I can see they don't really deal any grievous damage to their targets.

That soul manipulation feat is just vague overall. You can argue that nothing else besides Wright caused the spirit to leave the girl's body, but at the same time you can also argue the spirit left as a result of losing against Wright (as that's what seems to be implied as she finally left the body at the very end when she lost the case). Yes, I've seen the video and I know she didn't want to leave, but again the whole thing is just vague. Even then, Wright's soul manipulation is likely very situational as the girl was possessed by the spirit. It looked more like Wright just put an end to a possession as opposed to assuming that he can just yeet souls out of people normally.

Except you got to take in account the characters. Remember that these characters are a lot stronger than Nathan. Breaking Godots mask or causing him to bleed requires more force. Cause he physically is a lot stronger than an RPG. If t came make someone a lot stronger than Nathan (at least twice iirc), break his mask and make him bleed. That's definitely gonna hurt the guy who is at least half as weak as he is. It's definitely gonna make Nathan bleed and probably worse if he takes it directly.

And they do hit with blunt damage. As one feat brought before, a wind attack Phoenix did once disintegrated Manfreds cane which had somewhat comparable durability to himself. And he hit gumshoe one with a quick windblast which he held his gut afterwards acknowledging it hurt. Several other times like when he does whirlwinds and or mini tornado things. Plus, even if we say getting hit by the wind doesntbdo much damage, being thrown into something definitely will, cause that always hurts them. Phoenix gets slammed into the wall and holds his head painfully cause it hurt. Or when Phoenix sent someone flying across the room and onto the floor. The force of the wind causes the coming crash to definitely cause some decent damage to his own tier. If someone did get caught in it and was weaker than Wright. It even comparable. They are probably taking some good damage at least due to the hit and slam afterwards.

Nothing actually implies that. Her actual words kind of refute that. It wasn't of her own choice cause she did not want to go. She wasn't ready to. In context. It doesn't fully make sense why she would chose to leave. She neither was ready to go back to the afterlife and wanted revenge on them. Keeping Maya possessed would deal a heavy blow on both Phoenix and Mia. In the context of the situation, plus her actual words, and the fact it was all triggered only by Phoenix's words and point (which btw, is how he activates hisbother powers making it fit even more). The best conclusion is that it was Phoenix. It just doesn't make much sense other ways. She wouldn't have left and the situation and her words make that clear, and there's no indication anyone else was responsible. And this isn't even Phoenix first time with powers strange like this involving spirits. He has an ability to also Feel or Sense when they are around and even see them without a spirit medium. He can just see them naturally (which is consistent to happen). And sometimes channels them through himself of a possible sort. Like when he proved Godot the killer. He has a lot of things that prove he has some supernatural skill in the art of spirits and such.

@Butter

Okay so what's the AP for both? Just how much stronger is Phoenix? Let's just get this out of the way first.

Drake has been blown up countless times and has crashed into (or through) solid objects like walls, tables, and floors as well train and car crashes throughout the entire series. There was even one time where he was dangling off of a cargo plane, holding on for dear life yet he still managed to shoot mercenaries and climb back into the plane despite the wind pushing against him. Also, I don't see how a cane has similar durability to a person.

I'm not saying she voluntarily left, but because she was defeated she had to leave. Her plans were foiled and she was bested by Wright fair and square and despite her not wanting to accept her loss, she had to leave at his demand as their was no more for her to do. At least, that's how I see it. Besides yes, while Wright can see and feel spirits, that doesn't justify the assumption that he can just pull souls out of peoples bodies whenever he wants (cause again he only did so during a possession to remove another soul from a living body).

Phoenix has an AOF about 1,700,000 Joules. So a bit above that since that was the AIF of his attack.

If a cane scales to Manfreds durability. Than yes. It is stronger than Nathan. The amount of times he has been exploded doesn't matter. The force behind them does. His cane can tank hits from Phoenix's attacks. We can't look at this like "oh well this is just a normal cane" because it isn't. It's like saying "oh frisk is just a child, so even though his explosion feat put him at small building, he shouldn't be stronger or more durable.". Doesn't work like that. In this case, the Cane has taken stronger forces than Nathan has.

Cane can take blasts that hurt people of 1,700,000 Joules at least (considering his attack provided that force as an AOE. And the direct damage would be a good chunk higher)

Nathan has taken (I think it's around here), like 600,000 Joules.

So the cane in this case would clearly be stronger and harder to break or damage.

She hasn't had a reason to though. Even if she was beaten, she doesn't play fair. She literally tricked a man into killing himself. It wasn't like her being mad she lost. She downright wasn't ready to leave. She just was forced out. Again. It doesn't make sense that she would leave. If she had control over Maya's body, she very easily could have gotten thee revenge she wanted. She already saw just the thought of Maya's death or being held against her will really upset Phoenix. It put him in a bad place. So why would she leave her body then? She could have easily just refused to leave or used the possession and say, kill maya. Like she tried to earlier in the case. Her only goal was revenge. She didn't care how illegal it was or who knew. She admitted to her crimes during the case cause she simply didn't care. She was dead. They couldn't do anything to her really. And all she wanted was to get revenge on Mia and Phoenix. So killing the one that matters most to both of them or just not leaving her body holding her hostage is really gonna hurt them. But the fact Phoenix said he didn't care about the case and he at that point only wanted to get her or of Maya's body then does the typical thing he does when using his powers. And she's forced away. Even making quick clear screams that she wasn't ready. And I brought up the other stuff because while on its own, yes it doesn't give him that ability, but it supports the fact he would have that kind of ability on with the fact we see it happen. So it isn't he just possibly did it once. It's He has shown several times to have powers supernatural to others that regard seeing, feeling, and interacting with spirits. Even possibly summoning them himself. The other stuff was brought there to have a little more comfort that his abilties reside in that kind of power and abilties

Like. Let's say we see Sans do the same thing as Phoenix.

Vs

We see Mr Bean do the same thing as Phoenix

Obviously. Since we see sans work with soul stuff so much, it's far more believable that his would be legit next to Mr. Bean who has 0 connection to those kinds of powers.

Phoenix in this case just shows a lot of connection to spirits and connection to them. So it isn't exactly far fetched that he can do that considering what we see and know. That's why I brought it up. Not as the basis for my argument. But just as some small reinforment

Gosh, I'm tired now.

Okay let's just agree to disagree. I did say I didn't know about Phoenix Wright, but thanks for justifying some things for me. I didn't completely follow the comparisons at the bottom though.

Well my point above was someone who has soul based power suddenly showing another soul based power makes a lot more sense then someone randomly showing it. Like Phoenix in this case. But regardless alright.

Phoenix is tough enough to tank the guns power being quite a bit stronger, and fast enough to dodge them. And his range attacks are way to wide and powerful that a good shot or two gives him the win. Phoenix takes it for this and FRA

Back