• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
I dunno if anyone has made a CRT about this yet, but @Eficiente had issues with Hop Pop's calc
I have issues with the "Hop Pop moves his glasses with light" feat: It's too imperceptible, and the idea that he's that fast clashes with how he can't control how to place his glasses for the beam of light coming out of it to not mess things up, like a regular human would in that context. It should be inapplicable.
So yeah. There's a bunch of other speed calcs on the page that someone recently used to vandalise the Calamity Trio's pages, but I don't know how usable they are or if they are usable at all. Though looking at a past CRT, the lasers might not be realistic since they physically break through glass unlike realistic light?

Last edited:
While I have some knowledge in Amphibia, I, unfortunately, does not have knowledge in VS Battles Wiki's light speed standards. Therefore, it is better to summon other people who are knowledgeable in Amphibia and/or light speed standards.

Laser can break glass though

Heat differential and junk. Probably helped that the it was canonically cold during that episode so the glass shattering from the quick change in temperature makes sense.

Laser can break glass though

Heat differential and junk. Probably helped that the it was canonically cold during that episode so the glass shattering from the quick change in temperature makes sense.

Welp, I dunno why the other speed calcs aren't used then

@Eficiente what are your thoughts?

I still disagree with that feat for the reasons I gave, I find the manner very clear and believe that most staff would come to the same conclusion if asked and if they see the feat. Idk what more to say about it.

I think this is a huge outlier even if it is a true laser
Not really, base Marcy "The Impaled" Wu has a laser-dodging claim. Though it is currently determined that that laser does not meet the standard of VS Battles Wiki's laser standard, it shows that laser-dodging is not that outliner.

I still disagree with that feat for the reasons I gave, I find the manner very clear and believe that most staff would come to the same conclusion if asked and if they see the feat. Idk what more to say about it.
What about the other speed calcs on the page?

What about the other speed calcs on the page?

Here is the calculations used in Amphibia profiles, I suppose.

I've posted this thread in
as I feel that disregarding a main speed is no small issue.

Here is the calculations used in Amphibia profiles, I suppose.
If these are the only ones from the blog that are usable, then I guess those are the ones to replace Hop Pop's calc if it's deemed unusable
I've posted this thread in
as I feel that disregarding a main speed is no small issue.
Sure

Not really, base Marcy "The Impaled" Wu has a laser-dodging claim. Though it is currently determined that that laser does not meet the standard of VS Battles Wiki's laser standard, it shows that laser-dodging is not that outliner.
If if's just a claim then that's not really anything, she could have just meant that she moved around it w/o being tagged rather than something that needs her to move in tandem with.

Anti-feats are also to be considered, and what happened in the scene where Hop Pop's "feat" happened is pretty strong evidence of the main 4 being far bellow that speed.

Back