• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amphibia Revision: Better Justifications, More References: Part 2.5: Movement Speed Upgrade and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movement Speed Upgrade
In S3E2b ("Turning Point"), Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime have outrun missiles, a feat which justify their movement speed upgrade.

Conclusion: The consensuses is Subsonic+ movement speed under the assumption that the missiles should be comparable our modern equivalent. It scale to movement speed of everyone because Captain Grime is portrayed as a inflexible character.

However, there are something which should be discussed first:
It is unknown which movement speed we should use. It is way above Athletic Human travel speed after all.
It is unknown if Anne and Marcy should be scaled to that as well.

Special thanks to MaidRips.

Base King Andrias' AP Justification
It is simple. True Colors says it.
Casually stomped Frobo. Casually defeated base Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime. Casually backstabbed base Marcy Wu with his Laser Sword.
Conclusion:
Casually destroyed Frobo with a single punch, defeated base Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime, easily impaled base Marcy with his Laser Sword while badly injured [S2E20]
King Andrias' accomplishment of backstabbing base Marcy Wu is something I just can't ignore for obvious reason.

Last edited:
Yeah this seems about right though I would simplify it to

"Casually stomped Frobo, backstabbed base Marcy Wu with his Laser Sword, defeated base Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime"

Also they really didn't outrun those missles just kept pace with them (still though that should put them at like Subsonic+if we are under the assumption that the missiles should be comparable our modern equivalent.)

Last edited:
Here's the Frobo page I've been working on: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Tots_Real/A_Totally_Real_Sandbox
Also can we get rid of the "At least 8-B to 8-A" from Anne's Incomplete Calamity profile.
Yep, she's easily Low 7-C minimum, especially since her collision with Andrias destroyed 6 Frobots just from the shockwave.

IMO Andrias should also be a Low 7-C baseline, due to stomping a lot of 8-A+ people and due to downscaling in durability from Incomplete Anne (since his shield endured the shockwave that effortlessly vaporized 6 Frobots).

Also how about "Casually stomped Frobo with a single punch, completely overwhelmed base Sasha and Captain Grime, oneshotted base Marcy with his Laser Sword."

Here's the Frobo page I've been working on: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Tots_Real/A_Totally_Real_Sandbox
Also can we get rid of the "At least 8-B to 8-A" from Anne's Incomplete Calamity profile.
Light of Speed Attack Speed is contested because of the Standards for laser determination in VS Battles Wiki. If it is considered as lightspeed, Amphibia characters' reaction speed should be upgraded as well. Even Polly could dodge that laser when she has legs seconds ago.
Also they really didn't outrun those missles just kept pace with them (still though that should put them at like Subsonic+if we are under the assumption that the missiles should be comparable our modern equivalent.)
I agree with your opinion.
Yep, she's easily Low 7-C minimum, especially since her collision with Andrias destroyed 6 Frobots just from the shockwave.

IMO Andrias should also be a Low 7-C baseline, due to stomping a lot of 8-A+ people and due to downscaling in durability from Incomplete Anne (since his shield endured the shockwave that effortlessly vaporized 6 Frobots).
Marcy backstabber is already Low 7-C prior this revision.
Marcy backstabber's shield is in durability part, meaning that his durability is:
Small Town level physically, higher with Shield
Stomping Marcy backstabber is a solid reason to get rid of the "At least 8-B to 8-A" from Anne's Incomplete Calamity profile.
Also how about "Casually stomped Frobo with a single punch, completely overwhelmed base Sasha and Captain Grime, oneshotted base Marcy with his Laser Sword."
Yeah this seems about right though I would simplify it to

"Casually stomped Frobo, backstabbed base Marcy Wu with his Laser Sword, defeated base Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime"
I propose this:
Casually destroyed Frobo with a single punch, defeated base Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime, backstabbed base Marcy Wu with his Laser Sword.

Light of Speed Attack Speed is contested because of the Standards for laser determination in VS Battles Wiki. If it is considered as lightspeed, Amphibia characters' reaction speed should be upgraded as well. Even Polly could dodge that laser when she has legs seconds ago.
I was talking about his laser vision, it seems pretty light like (Straight line and no random explosions).

Casually destroyed Frobo with a single punch, defeated base Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime, backstabbed base Marcy Wu with his Laser Sword.
Not a fan of the word backstabbed, like I know that's what literally happened and I get the pun but it sounds wierd.

I was talking about his laser vision, it seems pretty light like (Straight line and no random explosions).
Then it seems that a blog explains the reason why they are light and get the evaluation of calculation groups. Personally, I'd like to see that they are accepted because it will upgrade Amphibia speed.
Not a fan of the word backstabbed, like I know that's what literally happened and I get the pun but it sounds wierd.
Then what about "impaled base Marcy Wu with his Laser Sword"? I just need to...

Then it seems that a blog explains the reason why they are light and get the evaluation of calculation groups. Personally, I'd like to see that they are accepted because it will upgrade Amphibia speed.
I mean it would just be for his laser eyes, which is used like three times.
Then what about "impaled base Marcy Wu with his Laser Sword"? I just need to...
... how about "Easily impaled base Marcy with his Laser Sword" or "Effortlessly impaled base Marcy with his Laser Sword"

... how about "Easily impaled base Marcy with his Laser Sword" or "Effortlessly impaled base Marcy with his Laser Sword"
How about "While badly injured, casually impaled Base Marcy with his Fire Sword"?

When you publish the profile, a blog specifically explain why they are lightspeed laser is needed and evaluated by possibly calculation group members. It is possibly a rule.
How about "While badly injured, casually impaled Base Marcy with his Fire Sword"?
Impaled is better
It seems that "Impaled" has been agreed. Then I feel that
Easily impaled base Marcy with his Laser Sword while badly injured
is a choice.

Last edited:
Quick question: How tall is Sasha? The whole missile feat seems kinda fishy to me, and I want to calculate the speed using the end clip when the rockets collide with the robot.

Marcy and Anne would probably scale, not just off of Sasha but also off of Grimes since he's a Toad and Toads are supposed to be the "heavier" race in the series.

Marcy and Anne would probably scale, not just off of Sasha but also off of Grimes since he's a Toad and Toads are supposed to be the "heavier" race in the series.
Then it seems that the movement speed would scale to every Amphibia characters with a few exceptions.

I'll wait for other knowledgeable members' input and I agree with this.

Okay, so I calculated the speed of the missiles using both 5'2 (The average height for a Thai 13 year old AKA Anne and used it for Sasha) and 5'8 (The only calculated height I could find for Sasha). Given that the rocket takes 32 frames to reach the robot, and that distance is about 5 Sashas, it came out to 55 mph for 5'2 and 60 mph for 5'8. This would get them to Superhuman level travel speed. Granted, this is a very rough calc, so take it with a grain of salt. This would get them to Superhuman

Okay, so I calculated the speed of the missiles using both 5'2 (The average height for a Thai 13 year old AKA Anne and used it for Sasha) and 5'8 (The only calculated height I could find for Sasha). Given that the rocket takes 32 frames to reach the robot, and that distance is about 5 Sashas, it came out to 55 mph for 5'2 and 60 mph for 5'8. This would get them to Superhuman level travel speed. Granted, this is a very rough calc, so take it with a grain of salt. This would get them to Superhuman
Every calculation requires being put in a blog and being evaluated. Also, the Subsonic+ is based on the assumption that the missile has the speed of RPG-7 and I personally feel that it is an option as the Amphibian technology is somewhat stated to be superior than human's.

Shit, sorry about that, new to the wiki. Anyway, I feel as if the creator didn't intend for the girls without calamity to be running at nearly the speed of sound.

Shit, sorry about that, new to the wiki. Anyway, I feel as if the creator didn't intend for the girls without calamity to be running at nearly the speed of sound.
You don't need to feel sorry for that. For the creator's intention, it would normally fall under the head-canon as creator's intention could be interrupted in many ways.

So, I finally calced the missile feat properly, and got anywhere between 54.63 mph (The better version with proper pixel scaling) and 55.61 mph (Using a worse, albeit still okay method). This would only apply to their base form movement speed, but it's still useful to add

Last edited:
So, I finally calced the missile feat properly, and got anywhere between 54.63 mph (The better version with proper pixel scaling) and 55.61 mph (Using a worse, albeit still okay method). This would only apply to their base form movement speed, but it's still useful to add
The calculation is accepted, but the consensus of which speed (Speed from your result, RPG-7's speed, or something else) are used has not been decided yet.

I'll waiting for other knowledgeable members' output here.

The calculation is accepted, but the consensus of which speed (Speed from your result, RPG-7's speed, or something else) are used has not been decided yet.

I'll waiting for other knowledgeable members' output here.
Given that in their baseforms they've never shown moving at Subsonic+ speeds, I feel that the calc is more realistic to how they are more often portrayed.

Given that in their baseforms they've never shown moving at Subsonic+ speeds, I feel that the calc is more realistic to how they are more often portrayed.
The superhuman movement speed is something consistent as "Outran a giant alligator" could be superhuman, and it is a reason in favor of applying your result. Cinematic Time, however, is a reason does not favor your result being applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back