• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amphibia and it's Many, Many Tiers/Downgade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimeUhDozen

She/Her

One thing that always bugged me about Amphibia verse how it has... so many unnecessary tiers. Especially when a lot of the feats are so close together in range. It's frankly messy and I feel like we can do better. So here's what we can do.

Base Calamity Trio should just straight up be Multi-City Block Level+. There's really no reason why they shouldn't be. Anne can just causally slice robots of Frobo's caliber and the verse already has plentiful high Tier 8 feats. But here's where it gets... messy. The Town Level feat is still valid since the robot that makes it should be inferior to the robot weaponry Andrias uses in the final battle against Anne. But why are we scaling a self-destruction feat that no one scales to, especially since Anne in her Incomplete Calamity Form has to kick it away from her before it self-destructs? That'd be saying Arnold scales to the Predator's self-destruction even though he wasn't anywhere near it. Incomplete Calamity Form Anne should stay Town Level and strictly Town Level.

The speed ratings also make no sense because they scale to Mrs. Croker, who they... have never shown to be able to scale to in the show. Their base speed should instead scale to Grime and Sasha, who have a perfectly good Superhuman speed feat here, which is currently accepted. Also why is Anne Massively Hypersonic when the Low End that was accepted was High Hypersonic? This should be fixed to that. And why is the justification for the Large Planet Level feat "likely"? The calc was accepted. There's no "likely" about it.

Hopefully now we can get some cleaner Amphibia profiles.

Agree: Propellus, Cropfist, Accelerated_Evolution, The_2nd_Existential_Seed, LeoEpicGamer8910, Armorchompy (6)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Definite agreed from me, like holy shit is this verse so poorly structured

Yeah these tiers became a cluttered mess, but I do not think Anne should scale to Frobo, Frobo stomped her in their first encounter and fodderized Andrias' troops from what I remember, so it seems to be an above average case amongst the robots.

Yeah these tiers became a cluttered mess, but I do not think Anne should scale to Frobo, Frobo stomped her in their first encounter and fodderized Andrias' troops from what I remember, so it seems to be an above average case amongst the robots.
Yeah Anne being 8-B and Frobo being 8-A seems pretty consistent.

Here's the thing about the scaling to Frobo is that it's not really scaling to Frobo but more the fact that most of the cast by the end of the series can casually blitz other Frobots who should be at least equal to if not much stronger than Frobo. Like Frobo is an outdated model so modern Frobots should be stronger than him.

Here's the thing about the scaling to Frobo is that it's not really scaling to Frobo but more the fact that most of the cast by the end of the series can casually blitz other Frobots who should be at least equal to if not much stronger than Frobo. Like Frobo is an outdated model so modern Frobots should be stronger than him.
And yet as Cropfist said, Frobo can casually stomp other robots of his kind, so that argument doesn't really hold any water.

And yet as Cropfist said, Frobo can casually stomp other robots of his kind, so that argument doesn't really hold any water.
Just checked, he's only ever shown knocking one down during True Colors, he only ever becomes able to one shot other Frobots after he's rebuilt by Polly.

If this is the case, however, shouldn't Anne have separate keys for her S1-2 self and S3 self since she was stomped by Frobo in S2?

The exact quote from the AMA is:
It’s as big as we need it to be. Sort of Australia sized I guess,

I wouldn’t exactly take the word of god that literally here since they definitely didn’t make Amphibia seem Australia-sized in this scene, and Matt didn’t exactly seem strict on the exact size and implied it might have fluctuated based on the plot. He was also just giving a throwaway estimate that he wasn’t sure of and I don’f think we should take it as gospel.

Amphibia and it's moon should be around the same size as earth and it's moon for the simple fact that Marcy never mentioned the planet being different size. Like her whole character is turbo nerd who gushes over the setting of Amphibia, if the planet was intented to be different in size from Earth she'd have said it or written about it.

Try not to derail the thread now, but anyways, since I see it's been 48 hours and this thread was already applied, I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back