• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amphibia Revision: Better Justifications, More References: Part 2.5: Movement Speed Upgrade and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated before I believe in Subsonic+, like the cast has done dumber stuff.
What other feats do they have to back up Subsonic+ movement speed? It's far more consistent to how they are portrayed for them to be Superhuman level.

I agree with Tots, I will go with Subsonic+ as well
But why? It's far more consistent for them to be in the Superhuman range of speed rather than Subsonic+. Hell, I'd be willing to bet there isn't a single damn feat that puts them on that level in their base form. Also, athletic human to superhuman is a far more realistic jump compared to Supersonic.

Just rewatched the fight with Darcy vs Sasha and Grime, and IMO Sasha should be "higher when enraged", because before Grime's arm was cut off, Darcy was casually matching both of them at the same time, even in a 2-vs-1 clash (as in, she matched their combined attack with her own attack while smiling, and easily sent them both flying right after). After Sasha got enraged, Darcy needed hallucinations of Anne and Marcy to get the upper hand since Sasha was overwhelming her.

Last edited:
Just rewatched the fight with Darcy vs Sasha and Grime, and IMO Sasha should be "higher when enraged", because before Grime's arm was cut off, Darcy was casually matching both of them at the same time, even in a 2-vs-1 clash. After Sasha got enraged, Darcy needed hallucinations of Anne and Marcy to get the upper hand since Sasha was overwhelming her.
Seems reasonable.

Seems reasonable.
Since Darcy matched a combined attack from Sasha and Grime (who both scale above Frobo's very casual 516 ton feat), that'd put her just above Baseline Low 7-C (since that'd be 1.033 kilotons), so Sasha while enraged would also be Low 7-C.

Speaking of Frobo's feat, can we just remove the 8-B end entirely? We know that Frobo scales to the 8-A feat no problem, so the 8-B low-end is really not needed.

Just rewatched the fight with Darcy vs Sasha and Grime, and IMO Sasha should be "higher when enraged", because before Grime's arm was cut off, Darcy was casually matching both of them at the same time, even in a 2-vs-1 clash (as in, she matched their combined attack with her own attack while smiling, and easily sent them both flying right after). After Sasha got enraged, Darcy needed hallucinations of Anne and Marcy to get the upper hand since Sasha was overwhelming her.
I personally don't think "higher when enraged" is needed as there are many characters in VS Battles Wiki has similar moments but they don't have such rating. Also, there is no statement which outright says that Sasha becomes physical stronger with enraged. After all, Sasha is here to free one of her girlfriends, not to kill her girlfriend.
Since Darcy matched a combined attack from Sasha and Grime (who both scale above Frobo's very casual 516 ton feat), that'd put her just above Baseline Low 7-C (since that'd be 1.033 kilotons), so Sasha while enraged would also be Low 7-C.
I personally don't think Darcy should be Low 7-C. She does not hold absolute advantage against their body's girlfriend and the frog like Marcy backstabber did. Also, since Darcy is using Marcy's body, it would lead to a questionable scaling to Marcy physically.
Speaking of Frobo's feat, can we just remove the 8-B end entirely? We know that Frobo scales to the 8-A feat no problem, so the 8-B low-end is really not needed.
I feel that it would be brought to another CRT along with Amphibia characters' LS upgrade and some other additions. The CRT may not be the best place to discuss another proposal.

I personally don't think "higher when enraged" is needed as there are many characters in VS Battles Wiki has similar moments but they don't have such rating. Also, there is no statement which outright says that Sasha becomes physical stronger with enraged. After all, Sasha is here to free one of her girlfriends, not to kill her girlfriend.

I personally don't think Darcy should be Low 7-C. She does not hold absolute advantage against their body's girlfriend and the frog like Marcy backstabber did. Also, since Darcy is using Marcy's body, it would lead to a questionable scaling to Marcy physically.
1. Instead of saying "her girlfriend", use the actual name(s) to avoid confusion, please.

At 0:44-0:51, Darcy matched a combined attack from Sasha and Grime with ease (as she is smiling), and from 0:54 to 0:56 she casually repels both Sasha and Grime.

After Sasha is enraged from Grime being hurt, she forced Darcy to dodge her attacks (when before Darcy had easily repelled her and Grime one after the other), and at 2:06 effortlessly cut through one of Darcy's robot tendrils, which could send both Sasha and Grim flying at 0:57 and took a hit from Grime at 1:08 (it's the one he quickly hits away while trying to attack Darcy)

And Darcy, after being sent flying back by her attack shortly after she gets enraged, feels the need to use hallucinations of Anne and Marcy so she can strike Sasha in the back. Mind you, a similar strike cut off Grime's arm, yet all an enraged Sasha suffers is a cut to the back that cuts her shirt's back somewhat and leaves her skin red (at 2:49).

At 0:44-0:51, Darcy matched a combined attack from Sasha and Grime with ease (as she is smiling), and from 0:54 to 0:56 she casually repels both Sasha and Grime.

After Sasha is enraged from Grime being hurt, she forced Darcy to dodge her attacks (when before Darcy had easily repelled her and Grime one after the other), and at 2:06 effortlessly cut through one of Darcy's robot tendrils, which could send both Sasha and Grim flying at 0:57 and took a hit from Grime at 1:08 (it's the one he quickly hits away while trying to attack Darcy)

And Darcy, after being sent flying back by her attack shortly after she gets enraged, feels the need to use hallucinations of Anne and Marcy so she can strike Sasha in the back. Mind you, a similar strike cut off Grime's arm, yet all an enraged Sasha suffers is a cut to the back that cuts her shirt's back somewhat and leaves her skin red (at 2:49).
I'm aware of that, but Darcy fighting SashaGrime is not as casual as King Andrias. However, no statement says that Sasha grows stronger when angrier. It should be noted that Jotaro's "higher when enraged" (the only notable example that "higher when enraged" exists) is supported by the concept of Stand's being Stand users' own fight spirit, but there is nothing saying that Sasha has similar justifiable buffs.

Also, please keep this specific CRT in topic. It means that the proposals you suggested should be better discussed in another CRT, not this CRT. As always, https://vsbattles.com/threads/amphibia-discussion-thread.120079 may be a better place to discuss this before becoming off-topic.

Bump.

To help the staffs understand the current consensus, here is my conclusion of current debate:

Amphibia Characters' Movement Speed is proposed to be upgraded to Subsonic+ (Tots_Real, Mariogoods, Theburgerking11) based on the assumption that "the missiles should be comparable our modern equivalent", or Superhuman (Da3ggman) based on the calculation. Subsonic+ proposal supporter noted Cinematic Time.

Base King Andrias' AP Justification is currently:
Casually destroyed Frobo with a single punch, defeated base Sasha Waybright and Captain Grime, easily impaled base Marcy with his Laser Sword while badly injured [S2E20]

Bump.

To help the staffs understand the current consensus, here is my conclusion of current debate:

Amphibia Characters' Movement Speed is proposed to be upgraded to Subsonic+ (Tots_Real, Mariogoods, Theburgerking11) based on the assumption that "the missiles should be comparable our modern equivalent", or Superhuman (Da3ggman) based on the calculation. Subsonic+ proposal supporter noted Cinematic Time.

Base King Andrias' AP Justification is currently:
Seems fair; although, I would like to note that the missile are inconstant as all hell, since the same type of missiles can be scene keeping pace with Anne in her calamity form in second fight with King Andrias. So I honestly think that the Sasha and Grime feat is an outlier.

Bump.

Amphibia Characters' Movement Speed is proposed to be upgraded to Subsonic+
(Tots_Real, Mariogoods, Theburgerking11) based on the assumption that "the missiles should be comparable our modern equivalent", or Superhuman (Da3ggman) based on the calculation. Subsonic+ proposal supporter noted Cinematic Time.
I agree with the subsonic+ end. They’re not too many anti feats against it.

Also, the misses in All In are likely a different from the one in The Return. The Return’s missiles are more circular and bigger than the one’s in All In. TR’s missiles were likely an earlier model and All In’s were likely the final versions of the missiles.

I agree with the new AP justification for Andrias.

Okay, time to take a crack at this.

While there aren't many anti-feats for Subsonic+, there are next to no feats regarding Subsonic+ base forms besides potentially this one rocket scene. Also, the magnitude of difference between the rockets in the robot vs Andrias' rockets would be thousands of times. If I were an even 1000 year old dictator being helped by the combined knowledge of dozens of generations, and I didn't have a problem with resources, I wouldn't equip my giant ass robots with missiles that are so much weaker than the peak of my military might.

I honestly think that the missiles on the robot are Subsonic+, but that Sasha and Grime being able to keep pace with them when there are no other feats coming close to that would be an outlier.

@Oleggator @Chaos Jester25 @LeoEpicGamer8910

Your help would also be appreciated here.
Maybe the conclusion is reached. It seems that Subsonic+ is accepted by most members here.

After some consideration, I hold the opinion of Subsonic+.

This is another reason. The world of Amphibia does have bow and bow in Real World is Subsonic, which is another justification for Subsonic+ movement speed. Of course, bow in Amphibia is different from bow in Real World, but it is a low-ball and Superhuman missiles speed is not logically right.

Let’s make sure we address the arguments against it before applying this.

While there aren't many anti-feats for Subsonic+, there are next to no feats regarding Subsonic+ base forms besides potentially this one rocket scene.
There is one feat for it and no anti feats. I’m pretty sure that if it doesn’t contradict anything, then it should be fine.
Okay, time Also, the magnitude of difference between the rockets in the robot vs Andrias' rockets would be thousands of times. If I were an even 1000 year old dictator being helped by the combined knowledge of dozens of generations, and I didn't have a problem with resources, I wouldn't equip my giant ass robots with missiles that are so much weaker than the peak of my military might.
The mech that Andrias was using when firing missiles is clearly far stronger than all of the other tech. The excess energy from one of Calamity Anne's punches easily destroyed multiple Frobos. And this was when Anne was new to the form. Andrias' mech managed to easily match Calamity Anne's power. The mech that andrias was using should be far better than that of his robot grunts. And Like I said above, the missiles that Sasha and Grime dodged are likely an earlier mode if the missiles that Andrias used.

Last edited:
It seems that the thread needs another staff signing off in this thread based on Discussions Rule.
In order to ensure that all revisions are thoroughly reviewed and approved, it is necessary for a minimum of two staff members to sign off on any proposed changes.
From Discussion Rule. Therefore, I'm afraid that I cannot apply this now. The proposal itself has been discussed and a conclusion has reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back