• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marcy Wu and Joe Sparrow vs Rhaegal

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: A FANTASY GENRE ENJOYER'S DREAM

Ah, to fight dragons. What a classic trope used in so many forms of fiction, mostly the fantasy genre but it culminates in a lot of other story types. So how else would I end the Marcy saga then with a fight against a dragon? Assuming this isn't a stomp, this will likely be the last Marcy thread for the time-being
● ------------------------------------- ●
The stables were exactly what Marcy expected, the smell of horses and feed all around while the whole floor is practically made of hay. She had a decent experience with the snail stables of Newtopia and then the monster-filled stables of Ms. Knight though she had yet to experience a regular horse stable. Which made her steed quite the sight, a giant armored sparrow which the ranger was currently preening. Thankfully she was allowed silence to prepare for the events to come, until now...

"Hey Mar-Mar!" Anne greeted.
"Careful! I'm still on him!" Marcy called out before slowly getting down from the stool she was standing on.

"Right, sorry. I thought you wandered off".
"I already saw everything I wanted at the tour. Now I just want to be as ready as I can for the event! I mean, actual practice with real winged fire-breathing dragons?!".

"Yeah, I saw you fill up 50 whole pages with sketches of them. Though, have you never fought a dragon throughout your whole stay at that realm? I thought you'd try and find one right away".
"Uh, yeah... I guess I never did, or not a real one...".

"Queen Daenerys was quite receptive with our arrival. You'd think they'd be suspicious with our arrival, being otherworldly visitors".
"Contrary to his name, Ironwood has quite the silver tongue which is funny because there's like this power in his universe called the Silver Eyes and I wonder if this joke has ever been used in-".

"Ms. Wu, it's almost time" a guard exclaimed on arrival, prompting Marcy to quickly calm herself down.
"Alright, I'll be cheering for ya!" Anne said as the ranger followed the guard, Joe Sparrow following behind her.

All those fights, all that time, and now she was doing something she had always wanted to do. For a time, she wondered if she deserved it, after all the things she's done to reach this point. But there was no time to ponder, not when you're staring down a majestic beast from mere fantasy, now in reality.

• 8-B versions used
  • Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: The Colosseum
1200px-Colosseo_2020.jpg

Rhaegal_a_hidden_agenda_by_christopherburdett.jpg

VS
6f264a61477d049cbfaa66a8b56e1ae6d2e9404c.jpg

Last edited:
Rhaegal scales to baseline 8-B+ (55.5 Tons) and he just fights by flying and using his fire breath, most of the abilities of the dragons are listed here. What does Marcy Wu and Joe Sparrow start with? I thought it said Jack Sparrow at first

Rhaegal scales to baseline 8-B+ (55.5 Tons) and he just fights by flying and using his fire breath, most of the abilities of the dragons are listed here. What does Marcy Wu and Joe Sparrow start with? I thought it said Jack Sparrow at first
The 8-Bs of Amphibia are 57.39 tons by the way

Marcy would likely start with either tossing explosives or firing her crossbow at either the wings, mouth, or eyes as that's usually a common weakness of fantasy dragons (Marcy canonically plays D&D so there's that I guess)

Is she skilled enough to quickly do that at first? Since she would be easy prey for the breath of a dragon which can turn steel into ashes and is also magical in nature. And Rhaegal should be able to withstand some arrows since three large bolts from ballistae specially designed to kill dragons were needed to bring him down

Is she skilled enough to quickly do that at first?
Here are her skill-feats

Marcy Wu has accurately hit the weak spot of Bomme Frite's copter while fighting against Bomme Frite using the flying copter to attack Marcy Wu and the Night Guards. [Entry 43] While physically and emotionally vulnerable, Marcy Wu has accurately hit an electronic eye of The Core from unspecifically long distance. [S3E7b]

She has great evasion skill, which is shown during her fight against Bomme Frite (she must evade Bomme's attacks from flying copter) and her time in the First Temple ("laser"-dodging).

Marcy's Journal: Entry 43
Amphibia S2E14;
Marcy's Journal: Entry 67
three large bolts from ballistae specially designed to kill dragons were needed to bring him down
Is that an AP thing or a hax thing?

She has great evasion skill, which is shown during her fight against Bomme Frite (she must evade Bomme's attacks from flying copter) and her time in the First Temple ("laser"-dodging).
I don't know how good that would be but here are examples of Rhaegal's fire breath
Is that an AP thing or a hax thing?
AP, another example of Rhaegal's endurance is that after his battle with Viserion his wings were wounded and with some holes but he still could fly normally so trying to bring him down with arrows to the wings wouldn't help in the short run

I was expecting worse. Most of the AoE seems to come when the flames collide with the ground
Yes, flames hot enough to turn steel into ashes and melt stone and iron, and also powerful enough to push and destroy stone structures with their blunt force alone, as well as being magical in nature
And what about the eyes and mouth?
The eyes would be a problem although the dragons have enhanced senses that could help a bit if the worst happens, the mouth I don't think will result in such considerable damage. While Marcy has to accurately aim at a flying enemy and hit the just weak point of Rhaegal, when the latter only has to hit her once with his fire breath

The eyes would be a problem although the dragons have enhanced senses that could help a bit if the worst happens, the mouth I don't think will result in such considerable damage. While Marcy has to accurately aim at a flying enemy and hit the just weak point of Rhaegal, when the latter only has to hit her once with his fire breath
Well she does have pretty decent accuracy feats which I posted above

But I suppose that wouldn't really be enough. Should I count your vote for Rhaegal?

Well she does have pretty decent accuracy feats which I posted above
Yes, but at the end of the day Marcy would be an easier prey for Rhaegal than him for her, while the arrows would just pierce his weak points or flesh and needing a considerable amount of them to bring him down, Rhaegal's fire breath would easily kill Marcy because she can't resist its fire, heat and magic
Should I count your vote for Rhaegal?
For the moment yes

Back