• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Among Us Discussion Thread #2

Make a CRT then if you want the ability gone this badly
Each user can only make one CRT at a time. I've had CRTs constantly going since the forum move ended. This information only just came in, I'll be able to make a CRT eventually if no-one else will.

And I mean, you had a good point about making a CRT, that's why I didn't respond and only responded to someone asking why such a CRT would be made.

i already said that the impostors never wore suits but people still felt like discussing if the crewmates wear suits for some reason

i already said that the impostors never wore suits but people still felt like discussing if the crewmates wear suits for some reason
I don’t know why them wearing suits mattered for the impostors at all, as they blatantly were not wearing any suits, unless you wanna say they can manipulate the material the suits are made out of since they split their body in half for a kill animation lmao

I see no reason to remove self-sustenance from Impostors. If the Impostor wins from a sabotage, what else is more likely than them surviving it? Something not being clear doesn't mean we don't deduce the evident conclusion. Next, we have no clue why anyone dies from being ejected. If an Impostor dies from being ejected, wouldn't it imply that everyone doesn't suffocate? I see that the ship can move past stars, so maybe the speed is what kills them. Anyway, if the developers are so open to answering questions, we should ask them instead of guessing.

If the Impostor wins from a sabotage, what else is more likely than them surviving it?

That they don't need to survive to win (evidenced by how imposters don't need to be alive to win), and that the victory screen showing them alive is just meta information for the players who want to know who was alive/dead before the end of the game, rather than an important piece of story lore.

If an Impostor dies from being ejected, wouldn't it imply that everyone doesn't suffocate?

?????

I see that the ship can move past stars, so maybe the speed is what kills them.

That isn't how speed works. If you were in a spaceship moving half the speed of light, and stepped outside of it, you would still be moving alongside the spaceship, and it would feel like you and the spaceship are stationary (aside from how you can see stars/planets/etc. moving around you)

Anyway, if the developers are so open to answering questions, we should ask them instead of guessing.

That's against the rules so we don't end up relentlessly pestering every random developer with questions they don't care about.

If the Impostor wins from a sabotage, what else is more likely than them surviving it?

That they don't need to survive to win (evidenced by how imposters don't need to be alive to win), and that the victory screen showing them alive is just meta information for the players who want to know who was alive/dead before the end of the game, rather than an important piece of story lore.

If an Impostor dies from being ejected, wouldn't it imply that everyone doesn't suffocate?

?????

I see that the ship can move past stars, so maybe the speed is what kills them.

That isn't how speed works. If you were in a spaceship moving half the speed of light, and stepped outside of it, you would still be moving alongside the spaceship, and it would feel like you and the spaceship are stationary (aside from how you can see stars/planets/etc. moving around you)

Anyway, if the developers are so open to answering questions, we should ask them instead of guessing.

That's against the rules so we don't end up relentlessly pestering every random developer with questions they don't care about.
1) When do Impostors win when they are all dead? Crewmates win when all Impostors are dead whereas Impostors only need to have an equal amount of Crewmates compared to them in order to win. If you say that the Impostors not being ghosts is merely for information convenience, then I could say that any character being a ghost after being ejected is merely so the player can keep playing after they lost. It would be bad game design to not be allowed to play as a ghost after dying in a certain way.
2) This has to do with the previous argument so it doesn't need to be separate from it. I mean if an Impostor dies from being ejected, wouldn't that imply characters die in a different way than suffocation or getting burnt because Impostors resist those?
3) I got the idea from how jumping out of a moving car isn't painless, but maybe outer space is different. So they may die because of the cold too, we don't know the specifics so it can very well be that. In fact, since the character dies off screen and we don't know what happens, they might as well of died because the momentum of The Skeld launched them to a star or something. If we are not deducing the evident conclusion, then I will not deduce that the ejected characters die shortly after they get ejected. We see no facial expression at all, so for all we know, the character could have survived for a long time in outer space but a transition occurs to skip the long boring death. It is very unlikely, but that's what happens when we don't presume a likely conclusion based on what we are given.
4) I've got so many questions about that. Where are those rules? Why is limiting someone's freedom to communicate with a popular online user a rule? What if someone likes to find the canonical statistics of fictional characters but has not looked at the VS Battles Wiki to know that supposed rule? What is stopping anyone from creating an alternate account with a different name to ask as much questions as they want to a developer? If that is a rule then why are people already pestering the developers of Among Us about the anatomy of Crewmates?

1. They don't win when they're all dead, but when one of them is dead they can still win at the end. Their win condition isn't "Be alive and screw over the crew" it's just "Screw over the crew". Also, not every game in this social deduction genre has everyone playing after they lose. Most don't or only have limited/situational play after death.
  2. You're assuming that they resist those, though.
  3. Jumping out of a moving car is painful because the Earth is moving relative to you, so you impact it. In outer space there isn't an object like that to collide with. The cold wouldn't kill people that quickly. If we're willing to dismiss the timeframe after characters get ejected as a game mechanic, idk why we'd still keep the end screen as a valid thing, it seems like a similar game convenience sorta thing.
  4. That rule is in the Site Rules, to quote it:
Do not pester or harass the authors of various works on social media about versus debating or character statistics. They are often bombarded by numerous questions from fans, and thus are rarely interested in giving a serious response. In addition, the statements they give to appease users are often contradictory to the feats in the stories of the works they have written. Thus it is frowned upon to bother them over these topics.
To answer your other questions about it:

Why is limiting someone's freedom to communicate with a popular online user a rule?

Because we don't want to be sending dozens of people after thousands of authors over our site.

What if someone likes to find the canonical statistics of fictional characters but has not looked at the VS Battles Wiki to know that supposed rule?

Of course not, they have nothing to do with us. We can only regulate/guide our users.

What is stopping anyone from creating an alternate account with a different name to ask as much questions as they want to a developer?

Nothing. Most rules can be subverted by lying, faking, creating sockpuppets, etc. If you don't get caught you don't get caught, but even with trying that it's often pretty obvious if account X on twitter happens to always be asking questions to one developer that account A on vsbw uses for revisions.

If that is a rule then why are people already pestering the developers of Among Us about the anatomy of Crewmates?

Are those people from our site doing that? If so, bring proof of that to the rule violations thread.

1) How do we know the Impostors are on a suicide mission though? The Impostors being described as alien parasites don't give me the impression that they are hitmen getting payed top dollar to screw over a space mission at their own risk. With the lack of a backstory, we can't know for sure, but the Impostors give me the impression that what they do in the game is for their own benefit. If the Impostors are smart enough to know how to sabotage a spaceship, why would they do it knowing they will die in the process? For the rest of what you said, I didn't mean it would be bad game design in general, I meant that only turning into a ghost when being decapitated but not when being ejected would be an unfair inconsistency. If Among Us didn't have ghosts at all it would be fine.
2) We should remove this point because I think I brought it up too early. As mentioned, this second point is related to my first point, so we should debate about the first point.
3) Right because there isn't something for the ejected characters to land on in outer space. Oops. Anyway, the time it takes for a character to die from being ejected should be taken into consideration, just like how the victory screen for Impostors showing them surviving their sabotages should be taken into consideration. An ejected could've died from something unrelated to suffocation or burning, Impostors wouldn't be able to cause those against the Crewmates if they would also die to them (unless you can convince me that they are okay with themselves being terminated in the first point).
4) Thanks. I understand why that's a rule too now that I thought about it a bit, but it's not like statements from developers aren't used on the VS Battles Wiki. While straight-forward statements from developers that are unrelated to canonicity may be the least priority, there is nothing else in Among Us to make what the developers say any less accurate than what is shown. I wouldn't describe what I've seen as people already pestering or harassing the developers with questions, but I have seen the topic of the anatomy of Crewmates brung up often. If people have asked about that, I think it wouldn't hurt to ask why Impostors die in outer space when they don't die from their sabotages. The only answers they would give that I can think of are either the Impostors dying in the process or that the Impostors die in a different (or unknown) way. Of course there are many instances where a developer won't have a clue about how strong and fast their characters are, but the simple ability to not need oxygen to live shouldn't be problematic.

1. I think it's a suicide mission because their win conditions involve making the ship irreparable, and their loss condition involves the ship becoming functional. They win when the nuclear reactor melts down, if it melts down it's not like they can just turn it back on 5 minutes later. They lose even if they're still alive and capable of killing crewmates when the crewmates finish all the tasks, most of which involve ship upkeep, repairs, guiding it to its destination, or collecting scientific data. If they lose when it gets repaired, and win when it's irreparable or no-one's around to repair it, I think it's fair enough to say that they're not just killing for the lulz. Fair enough on the ejection/decapitation thing I guess.
  2. kk
  3. I just don't really see there being any practical way for them to die quickly other than suffocation. Freezing takes a while, radiation takes forever, exploding isn't something that actually happens, it doesn't seem like they were being launched into anything immediately dangerous...
  4. Statements are used, we just don't want our users fishing for more statements themselves.
Actually, thinking about things further, self-sustenance requires a being to be able to survive infinitely without nutrients/rest/oxygen. That doesn't really seem established by imposters living shortly after the oxygen runs out, since they could just be able to survive longer than crewmates can without oxygen while still eventually needing it.

But we don't see that happen.
The question seems to be: What requires the least assumptions?
They suffocate (eventually)?
They drift indefinitely?
They drift & land on/collide with a planet/meteorite/asteroid? They die? They survive?
They drift into the sun?

We don't know what happens in their travel beyond the initial ejection. There may be implications of travel between where the maps depict, but we need strong evidence that at least verbally/visually implies that.

Imagine if we gave Kars a durability feat for surviving a collision with a high speed meteor we assume would inevitably happen, but which does so after events depicted in the series.

Last edited:
I don't think we have an ability for that, no. I guess you technically could just list it in the ability section without linking to anything. Something like: Vehicle Mastery, Eats Through Osmosis, Longevity

would the crewmates get any ability from eating using osmosis btw?
Quoting myself from earlier:
Osmosis: "a process by which molecules of a solvent tend to pass through a semipermeable membrane from a less concentrated solution into a more concentrated one, thus equalizing the concentrations on each side of the membrane."

So they don't even drink all of their drink? (Also, the suits are semipermeable membranes & are solutions in the same way air is? Or am I misunderstanding osmosis?)
Also:
This implies that the suit is just part of the body too, which is something i’ve thought for a whle now. It seems like this is implied more and more that I learn about it.
So it MIGHT be Organic Manipulation or Inorganic Physiology, depending on the suit's materials. It might be Limited Absorption & definitely Limited Water Manipulation. MIGHT be limited Air Manipulation.
Reasoning being that osmosis involves the fluid (In this case, the drink.) to pass through a membrane (Here, the suit.) on a molecular level.

It may also mean they don't sustain themselves on the whole drink per useage, since it equalizes the concentrations on each side of the membrane; There'd be an equal amount of drink outside the suit & past it.

Last edited:
My misunderstanding with how space effects people came from Bleach, so it’s likely that space just doesn’t have the same effects cross verses, which I should’ve thought of.

I’m referencing the manga of Bleach, in Kenpachi vs Gremmy.

1. I think it's a suicide mission because their win conditions involve making the ship irreparable, and their loss condition involves the ship becoming functional. They win when the nuclear reactor melts down, if it melts down it's not like they can just turn it back on 5 minutes later. They lose even if they're still alive and capable of killing crewmates when the crewmates finish all the tasks, most of which involve ship upkeep, repairs, guiding it to its destination, or collecting scientific data. If they lose when it gets repaired, and win when it's irreparable or no-one's around to repair it, I think it's fair enough to say that they're not just killing for the lulz. Fair enough on the ejection/decapitation thing I guess.
  2. kk
  3. I just don't really see there being any practical way for them to die quickly other than suffocation. Freezing takes a while, radiation takes forever, exploding isn't something that actually happens, it doesn't seem like they were being launched into anything immediately dangerous...
  4. Statements are used, we just don't want our users fishing for more statements themselves.
Actually, thinking about things further, self-sustenance requires a being to be able to survive infinitely without nutrients/rest/oxygen. That doesn't really seem established by imposters living shortly after the oxygen runs out, since they could just be able to survive longer than crewmates can without oxygen while still eventually needing it.
1) This got me thinking, just because the Crewmates finished all their tasks, doesn't mean the Impostor can't kill them all or win by causing a crisis. The official Among Us website says that the Impostor's goal is to kill the crew before the ship returns home. Wouldn't Crewmates winning by completing all their tasks simply be a representation of them getting home? Impostors losing immediately is game mechanics I guess. I also don't think Impostors are killing for sport, it's more like their nature to be violent.
3) Isn't The Skeld MFTL+ or a rank that high? In game action The Skeld looks like it goes much slower than the pod when waiting for players to join but I still see stars moving. That must mean the ejected character gets launched really far really quickly. Who knows what they could hit when that happens. Maybe the asteroids that The Skeld can shoot.
4) That's conclusive enough since I wasn't planning on asking them anyway. 👌
That is true but I haven't seen that on any profiles. Sure a video game character can be programmed to not get affected by the vacuum of space and the player can make them stay there for as long as they want, but someone from a motion picture media doesn't have that convenience. Characters that stay in space for a few minutes or even seconds have still been given the self-sustenance ability.

1. I guess the point I'm trying to get at here is, if they want the crewmates to not be able to get home, sometimes when doing that they'll be unable to get home too, and will just be stuck in space, which sounds like a bit of a suicide mission.

3. I don't think we have The Skeld rated at MFTL+

4. kk

5. Uhhh, that seems incorrect from what I know. I was told not to give a character self-sustenance for being able to survive without food for a year. The only profiles I've given self-sustenance got it for being a race of abstract beings that don't get hungry or thirsty, and can't die outside of one character who can kill them, or for being a corpse unaffected by the amount of oxygen around her. Maybe wider self-sustenance revisions are needed to take it off those profiles? I really think someone who's only stayed in space for a few minutes shouldn't get self-sustenance.

EDIT: I just asked some others (including an admin) about this, and they think characters definitely shouldn't get self-sustenance for being in space for a few minutes.

i would maybe also try calcing how fast the dropship moves in the lobby tho it could be kind of difficult since you can't really see the full ship
the ship does appear to be moving quite fast since the stars move very far in just 1 frame

1. I guess the point I'm trying to get at here is, if they want the crewmates to not be able to get home, sometimes when doing that they'll be unable to get home too, and will just be stuck in space, which sounds like a bit of a suicide mission.

3. I don't think we have The Skeld rated at MFTL+

4. kk

5. Uhhh, that seems incorrect from what I know. I was told not to give a character self-sustenance for being able to survive without food for a year. The only profiles I've given self-sustenance got it for being a race of abstract beings that don't get hungry or thirsty, and can't die outside of one character who can kill them, or for being a corpse unaffected by the amount of oxygen around her. Maybe wider self-sustenance revisions are needed to take it off those profiles? I really think someone who's only stayed in space for a few minutes shouldn't get self-sustenance.

EDIT: I just asked some others (including an admin) about this, and they think characters definitely shouldn't get self-sustenance for being in space for a few minutes.
1) Just like we don't know if Impostors get home too, we don't know if they don't get home too either. The game abruptly ends and resets once a crisis successfully defeated the Crewmates. The only ending we get is the Impostors standing on the victory screen, alive if they were already alive before they sabotaged a part of the ship. That's why I think it's important.
3) The Skeld doesn't have a profile yet so we don't really have any rank for it. How fast would it be?
5) What about if the character can talk in the vacuum of space like it's nothing of importance?

the skelds speed isn't calced yet but i would guess it's somewhere around Superhuman or Subsonic since most real life vehicles move at those speeds

1. I think we can very confidently say that if the reactor melts down they're not going anywhere. That should render the ship irreparable, or otherwise, it's nothing like real-life nuclear meltdowns and doesn't deserve to be a feat on their profile.

3. No idea.

5. That's just fiction ignoring the laws of physics, as sound shouldn't be able to travel in space. It doesn't prove that they could survive for hundreds of thousands of years without oxygen.

1. I think we can very confidently say that if the reactor melts down they're not going anywhere. That should render the ship irreparable, or otherwise, it's nothing like real-life nuclear meltdowns and doesn't deserve to be a feat on their profile.

3. No idea.

5. That's just fiction ignoring the laws of physics, as sound shouldn't be able to travel in space. It doesn't prove that they could survive for hundreds of thousands of years without oxygen.
1) The Impostors may not get home but at least they survived.
3) Alright then this'll have to wait.
5) My main focus is how some characters treat the vacuum of space exactly the same as when on an inhabitable planet, not the sound they make. Characters being completely unconcern about their dangerous location implies that it isn't a danger that applies to them. In contrast, Impostors have only been shown to survive without oxygen for a victory screen, so them only having more of a resistance than the Crewmates would make sense. The examples of self-sustenance users on the page itself don't have scans on their profiles so I can't give an example like "but X character only survived in outer space for a fight" or a query of such.

1. What does it matter if they've "survived" but are trapped in a non-functional spaceship floating through space forever? C'mon man...

5. Maybe, I'm not familiar with those characters either so I can't really debate them.

1) I know it's not the most conclusive ending for them but the topic is about what resistances they have. Them not dying from a reactor meltdown or oxygen depletion is just what was shown.
5) So I guess we can't really continue about what counts as self-sustenance. Thanks for the debate. 🌟

Them not dying comes from saying that the end-screen shows that they lived.

I proposed that this was just a game mechanic to let players know which of the imposters died before the game finished and which didn't, rather than a canonical event telling us who lived after that event.

You said that they lived because they wouldn't have been okay with dying to win, so I'm trying to argue against that.

The page for Self-Sustenance does say infinitely, and we don’t know the fate of the Impostors after the game, so maybe Possibly Self-Sustenance could work, as putting Possibly for abilities is a thing i’ve seen before?

The victory screen is vague and does not imply if the Impostor survives, it just shows who was alive before the sabotage was successful. The Impostor’s mission is really unknown and it would be all it takes (including a suicide mission) to kill the crewmates.

I deny the possibly rating until a further statement from InnerSloth or PuffballsUnited comes.

Last edited:
One of the reasons that The Crewmates are implied to survive is because they show up alive on the end screen, so I guess it just riddles down to a battle of opinions until more official info is released. We can likely move on from this subject for now, since we’re not going to get a solid answer.

What? No! The Crewmates don't even survive, at all. The Impostors killed them by sabotaging O2/Reactor.

Even if you mean the impostors, refer to my previous statement.

I meant after the game ends, in the case that Crewmates win. They’re implied to survive simply because they won the game and showed up on the end screen, which is just a game mechanic for both Crewmates and Impostors. The Skeld could very blatantly still have a reactor meltdown after a game ends, O2 could still run out, etc etc.

If people say that the Crewmates survive because of the end screen on their victory, then The Impostors likely do too.

It seems black and white to me, but it may not be as black and white as I’m seeing it.

While on the topic of self-sustenance, if Impostors get confirmed to not suffocate after being ejected or having oxygen depleted, why would they get self-sustenance for surviving the oxygen depleting if they haven't been shown to survive infinitely? To phrase it in another way, why do Impostors already have self-sustenance before we found out that the Crewmates are not in space suits?

Back