• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh Lord. Amon is strong, but GK's passive is broken as crap.

This isn't really fair any more than Amon vs (insert High 6-A here) is.

Huh I thought it would be fair since Amon is like the strongest (or one of the strongest) 3-D mindhaxxer on the wiki and GK has no resistances.

RIP.

Honestly where are the scans for GK's insanely busted hax? His "atomizes concepts and possibilities" seems UBER wanked unless there is some serious evidence for that. Atomizing a non-corporeal being is outright impossible to start with, and even if he made them a body just to atomize it, why would this kill the non-corporeal being that doesn't conventionally exist.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Huh I thought it would be fair since Amon is like the strongest (or one of the strongest) 3-D mindhaxxer on the wiki and GK has no resistances.

RIP.
He is one of the strongest. But he can't beat a passive that can apparently instagib anything no matter what (I'll probably demand some evidence for this in a thread shortly).

Edit: Oh yeah. Looking through his profile there are some things that need to be addressed. I'll make a thread ina bit.

>Atomizing a non-corporeal being is outright impossible to start with

This is fiction though, you're bound to see bullshit anytime. Time stooping places which lacks concept of time is something too you know?

Didn't play Gahkthun so i'm gonna let CP show the scan as they aren't wank really. He atomized Florence Ameghino Nightingale Critters

@Assalt Gk's hax is legit, it's too much of a pain to post all the scans so just watch the scene for yourself. Here about 8 minutes in it's gk vs nightengale.

Here beginning of tesla vs gk.

Here end of tesla vs gk.

It's later said that tesla was atomized by gk, tesla is an old one, old ones are all conceptual beings, this wasn't stated in the game, it's from other side material.

Anyway i can post scans about critters and kikai being possibilities though, nightengale's art is critters, gk atomized said critters.

Possibility
Critter

As for how he was defeated, tesla defeated him, tesla is op too, literally the whole game he was weakened, and when he fought gk he was basically on the last of his strength, once tesla got his power back from neon anchoring his existence, he one shotted gk.

<You can't do x thing as it's impossible is legit one of the most ridiculous reasons for why you can't do something

Heck, by diction, you can't even be fast enough to block a bullet

You know that sometimes you can't apply all of a character's powers if they don't show them in the fight. Sometimes PIS happens. Alexei Stukov killed Samir Dura in his Xel'naga form, even though Duran can warp matter and space time and is immensely more powerful. Does that mean Stukov resists mind, matter, and space-time manipulation? No. It means that Duran was killed by PIS, not by Stukov being a hyper-resist High 5-A.

I'm currently watching the video, but I really don't think that side material giving feats to characters that never display such feats is OK. I am fine with a gaze that atomizes anyone instantly. I am not OK with a gaze that atomizes concepts.

Gargoyle One said:
<You can't do x thing as it's impossible is legit one of the most ridiculous reasons for why you can't do something

Heck, by diction, you can't even be fast enough to block a bullet
Necessary truth vs contingent truth. It is contingently true that I can't block a bullet. It is necessarily true that you cannot atomize something with no atoms.

Don't worry guys, Gahkthun isn't finished

Villain in its sequel is Cthulhu put in a Mecha fused with Charles Babbage

And he is stronger than GK

Gk power literally runs of reality warping and you guys are questioning how he can affect non-corporeal beings?

"Cracking: Also known as Phenomenon Equation. A form of "scientific formula" that was officially invented by Archduke Astaire (Tick Tock Man planted the idea into his mind, and Cracking's power comes from him) that's capable of warping reality to achieve a variety of effects. The effect it could achieve varies from just simply heating a mechanical arm to the point it could melt the human body instantly, all the way to shaping the laws of reality as the user sees fit., and also controlling and warping the laws of physics."

The gaze is due to this.

Both of which are possible with the power of fiction, as such, the idea that both Necessary and Contingent truths should be ignored within fiction is ludicrous

Time Stopping with no time? Challenge Accepted and all the other examples Kal gave.

"Truths" be damned, this is fiction and the idea of rejecting the possibility in fiction is wrong

@Celestial

So I watched the video. He atomized a summon that, in that moment, was not mentioned to be a concept/possibility, and died from having its physical form obliterated.

In that occurrence the Critter was clearly not what the lore deemed it to be, or else the novel would have mentioned its ability to destroy concepts/possibilities or made a bigger deal out of the Critter dying aside from "he's so strong."

@Assalt

Gahkthun is tied with Inganock and other what a beautiful works. So yes, it is valid

See the scan CP gave

What ALRF said Gahkthun and Inganock are from the same series, take place in the same world, it was already established in inganock that critters are possibilities.

In fact Thomas Edison the guy who fuels the cracking equation is literally responsible for all the events of the series, which includes gahkthun and inganock, every single bad thing in the series, for example the sky of the entire world being sky, is all due to him.

All the series are connected, and events that happen are connected.

@ALRF

I see the scans. I'm not convinced. "Existing as possibilities" is either flowery language, or these possibilities are still bound to a physical form and can die from having it destroyed. Is there an instance of a Critter being purely non-corporeal or being incomprehensible due to this existence as a possibility?

I am still watching the videos, and I am currently on Tesla vs GK. So far all I've seen is some atomization and physics manipulation.

Edit: Just got some Abstract Existence for Tesla as well for being an "incarnation of thunder."

And did you see the other scan which Lemure says they are possibilities from 41 unborn babies that died in an accident thus not even alive in the common sense?

Another fact is their nature just nopping normal weaponry. MC of Inganock specifically has Kikai which shares the same nature as them to affect them.

@Celestial

I'm still watching your video, but right now Tesla specifically mentions that his lightning is maintaining and straining his physical form, and it is being implied that he dies if his body is destroyed.

While it is clear they can manipulate physics, if what it shown by Tesla contradicts side statements from an off-shoot source, can they be accepted over what is directly shown in the GK fight?

@Assalt Tesla is a really fragile existence. To understand the overall scope of this story you have to read multiple series, gahkthun alone doesn't do it.

Basically in the past there was a country, one day the members of the country saw light and decided to leave their king alone in that country, said king hasn't moved from his throne in thousands of years and as a result has lost emotions, now his country is dark precisely because he feels nothing.

That country was M (Shikkoku no Sharnoth) country, it exists in another dimension, the members of the country are Old Ones, they are conceptual beings, the light they saw was humans so they went to earth.

One of the Old Ones, the thunderbird, met tesla and he became cursed, as a result Tesla doesn't age, and is undying. From the moment he came into contact with the Thunderbird, something that couldn't possibly exist, he has existed outside the bounds of the world. The world itself rejects him as his powers are incompatible with the laws of the world, as such humans can't remember him, as he isn't even supposed to exist. He is incapable of existing even in memory, and when everyone in the world forgets about him, he will lose his powers and die.

In other words he needs people to remember him to continue existing, well see GK planned to kill tesla so he gathered everyone related to him to the island where the story takes place, and was going to destroy the island with everyone on it, with no one remembering tesla he fades out of existence.

Neon, female protag of gahkthun, her family is special in that they can remember tesla when ordinary he fades from ppl's memory in like a year or something.

Wilhelm a member of the council found out that neon was tesla's weakness and separated them, as such tesla became weak, because he feeds off neon's radiance.

In short the tesla who fought gk was heavily weakened, and this isn't even taken into account he was already weak at the beginning of the story because he was suffering from the effects of being sealed in the time prison.

Back