• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amaterasu

I had a quick question about this technique.

Does anyone know when it was stated to "last for up to seven days and night"? I keep trying to find it's source but can't.

I know within the story it was rumored to be as hot as the sun which is false, but I can't find where it's duration was rumored.

I can't find it myself for some reason. But I do know they won't be put out until they consume the target even if it's flames.

I've still been trying, but I'm really dumbfounded. Something this important seems to be lacking the original source for it everywhere I look. And while I like the manga, I don't know about reading the manga just for 1 thing instead of to reenjoy the story :/

as far as i know the manga just simply says that it will continue to burn it's target until there is nothing but ash

It's from the databook. The one that inlcudes the "hotter as the sun" thing.

Edit: "The Uchiha clan, originally significant as "those with the fans which manipulate fire", traditionally specialize in Katon jutsu, but there is a legendary jutsu unknown outside the clan. This is "Amaterasu". The appearance of these flames are jet-black. The high temperature is like the sun, and one time touching it is the last. It is said that this is named after the Goddess of the Sun as it continues to burn for seven days and seven nights."

Took me like a minute to find it.

Sorry for saying this late, but tyvm for finding that.

Also if it isn't already, can someone ask one of the admins/mods or whichever it's called to add it to pages consisting of amaterasu? I feel that's extremely important information to have a ready-made source for.

Back