• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

On Saitama's page there are three images that I think should be removed or moved to a gallery. These are Kid Saitama, "During Training" and possibly "Serious".
Kid Saitama is pointless, it's different in appearance but we don't place an image of the kid (or teen, old, adult, baby...) version of all characters on top of their page, unless there's a good reason for it being there.
During Training is associated with a key, but that Saitama is barely different from the previous one (The Pre-Training) and the picture itself is just a screenshot of Saitama at the park, and he had just started training in that moment iirc.
Lastly, Serious Saitama isn't associated with any key but it's a popular change in design, but personally it should still be removed or moved.

What do other staff members think? Should we remove those images?

I think they should just be moved to a gallery at the end. We do have a key for During Training separate from his main one, and the Serious has become very iconic of the character due to its multiple uses on the anime, so I don't see a reason to outright remove them from the page.

Okay. That is fine with me.

Is some other staff member willing to handle it, or do I have to do so myself? I am tired and busy though, so help is always appreciated.

I'd like the right to edit the Trigun pages of Knives and Vash the Stampede, the keys are all messed up and disorganized. Instead of 4 keys Vash should only have 3, Base Vash ( 6-B. The 7-B key comes from nowhere.), Inherent Plant power (High 6-A.) & Full power. (5-B)

Knives should get 4 keys but they need to be renamed. The first being Base Knives (6-B.) Plant power Knives (High 6-A.) Plant Absorbed Knives (At Least High 6-A, possibly 5-B.) and Ark Absorbed Knives (At Least 5-B.)

And I'd also like to request to make a Plant Physiology page, detailing what Plants (Trigun.) are, list their general powers and abilities for non Independent and Independent Plants, their resistances, and their origin in a similar manner to how Demons from DMC and Nasu Servants have their own Physiology page.

It is probably fine if you edit the profile pages, but I do not know if Plant Physiology would have enough users to warrant a page of its own, and in addition, the name can easily be misunderstood to mean something like Swamp Thing.

Going by that logic Demons wouldn't have a page for DMC, and I plan on making additional Plant pages ofc, so it'll be a lot more than two but Knives and Vash would be the only combat applicable Plants.

I'd just specify "Plants (Trigun.)"

Gin:

Okay. I suppose that it is probably fine then.

Lollipop:

I have unlocked the page for you.

@Antvasima Yeah I can put the space launching calcs on the common feats page.|

There's also something else I'd want to add to that page. Breaking ribs is just generally 9-C, according to this article at least. Lowest amount of energy they could do it with was 375J, highest was 9920, both ae within that 9-C range but I'm not entirely sure how to format this.

@Antvasima Yeah I can put the space launching calcs on the common feats page.|

There's also something else I'd want to add to that page. Breaking ribs is just generally 9-C, according to this article at least. Lowest amount of energy they could do it with was 375J, highest was 9920, both ae within that 9-C range but I'm not entirely sure how to format this.
Don’t we already have those? The imposter‘s page links to our common feats page, and Includes those exact values.

Thank you for helping out Wokistan. That seems fine.

Can someone change the names of these pages?

"Lambert (The Witcher - Video Games)" to simply "Lambert" (Lambert is not a video-game only character and is canon in Sapkowski's saga, and there are not any other Lamberts on this wiki)

"Triss" to "Triss Merigold" (That's her full name)

Geralt of Rivia (Video Games) to either just "Geralt of Rivia" or "Geralt of Rivia (Canon)" (His profile doesn't focus just on video games, he has sources from also the comics and books, as we estabilished they are canon)

"Fiend (Witcher)" to "Fiend (The Witcher)" (the series are named "The Witcher", just "Witcher" is name of the profession)

if this is the version of Lambert from the video games, the name should probably stay as it is.

I also think that The Witcher books are canon to the games, whereas the games are not canon to the books, so Geralt's profile page should also remain named as it is.

I will rename the other two pages.

I still think Lambert's name is pretty long, it could be just "Lambert (Video Games)", and other pages are also video game based and do not have the suffix, but I don't really have a problem with that anyway. Thanks for help

No problem, and I agree that the title is long, so maybe we should rename the page. What do other staff members here think?

I personally think that without a post limit, these threads should now allow users to bump their requests, but only after a large amount of time to stop them getting spammed with the same requests. This can be specified in the OP so users know the rules.

Perhaps around a month or two before you can bump your post?

I just think there should be a loong bump time, to give staff time to do what they need with the requests, whether it's accept or deny them, a month or two should be enough. I don't think more threads are really necessary.

That is a very good point.

Waiting a month between each bump of important calculation requests that have not been handled yet seems like a good idea. Maybe a little more than that. 40 days perhaps?

We don't even know if an user is woking on it unless they explicitly say so, which is rare, and by then they generally have already done it or are asking details. It's quite clear that users that are willing to do this sort of stuff don't actively search for stuff to calc, evaluate or render.

I would recommend to just doing a new thread each month, with the previous thread being closed. That way the latest thread will be filled with stuff clearly pending to do to take care of accordingly. Being able to bump once a month or so can also mitigate this issue, but it wouldn't be as effective as there's still the issue with dates and users usually only looking at the latest page of the respective thread.

Any time that seems appropriate, and gives staff enough time to complete the requests should be fine. If 40 days seems necessary, then it should be fine.

It is very tiresome for me to restart threads, and update all of the links to them from the wiki, especially now that it is not necessary any more. I much prefer if people are simply allowed to bump calculation blogs that still need to be evaluated once every 30 days, and important feats that need to be calculated every 50 days or so.

@AKM sama

Would you be willing to help me out with updating the two thread instructions please? I am very tired.

I feel like a month is probably the sweet spot to allow a user to re-post their request.

Can someone rename the these pages to the following;

The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena (Goosebumps) to "The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena (Book)"

Giant Praying Mantis to "Giant Praying Mantis (Goosebumps Book)", not sure if there are any other giant praying mantises in fiction but might as well rename it to that just in case.

The Graveyard Ghouls (Goosebumps) to "The Graveyard Ghouls (Book)"
Gave me a bit of a headache, since FANDOM kept flagging me for moving profiles too much, but I got the job done.

Thank you for helping out.

Would you be willing to help me out with updating the two thread instructions please? I am very tired.
A month seems like a long time to me, but anyway, do you still need my help for this? Just adding the text that says the users are allowed to bump their requests after a certain period of time seems sufficient.

Back