• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Question is why lock it in the first place. We had this on april 2nd of this year in general and it worked out fine
To stop it from getting out of control. We don't need ten or more Bleach fans all making the same arguments at once or potentiality derailing the thread by complaining about it like they've done on the general discussion thread, when we can simply have a few knowledgeable members post relevant arguments there.

Allowing a flood of supporters on the thread would not accomplish anything besides making things even more difficult for staff members to assess it.

To stop it from getting out of control. We don't need ten or more Bleach fans all making the same arguments at once or potentiality derailing the thread by complaining about it like they've done on the general discussion thread, when we can simply have a few knowledgeable members post relevant arguments there.

Allowing a flood of supporters on the thread would not accomplish anything besides making things even more difficult for staff members to assess it.
I say give it a chance, none of the recent bleach threads have been toxic as of yet. Let the thread be open, if it gets toxic, take it back to staff only. Making any slightly controversial thread staff only defeats the purpose of an open forum.

Reactions: JED
I would still prefer to keep it staff only for now. Sigurd's post only goes to prove my point.

If any relevant contributions need to be made, then they can be given permission. We've made other controversial CRT's staff only before.

I would still prefer to keep it staff only for now. Sigurd's post only goes to prove my point.

If any relevant contributions need to be made, then they can be given permission. We've made other controversial CRT's staff only before.
The topic isn’t controversial (yet) is the thing… if everyone can just get permission anyway, why not make it open.

Sigurd you’re not helping getting this thread open. Yes it’s annoying it’s staff only out of nowhere, but let’s not be provoking. Even if you don’t think you are, it’s clearly annoying damage.

Re: Discussion rule to keep CRTs open. Has that ever been an issue? Has there ever actually been a thread that has gotten flooded with FRAs and then applied in under 24 hours, only to need to be overturned later?

Because every single time I've seen a flood of agreements at the start, I've seen people say "Let's wait for X, Y, and Z to see if they agree", or something along those line.

tl;dr I think things are fine as is, we don't need more bloat on the discussion rules page.

Then a rule needs to be created to make every thread “Staff Members Only” for every single series because so far all Bleach Revision threads this year have been “Staff Members Only”. Are all revisions thread for Bleach exclusively going to remain “Staff Members Only” forever?

Or, or, or, or we can stop the sarcastic remarks.

They don’t “need” to do anything. We are requesting it to be open, if they deem it necessary, it becomes open. Being antagonistic doesn’t help that.

It’s like some of y’all want it so staff spites Bleach istg

Or, or, or, or we can stop the sarcastic remarks.

They don’t “need” to do anything. We are requesting it to be open, if they deem it necessary, it becomes open. Being antagonistic doesn’t help that.

It’s like some of y’all want it so staff spites Bleach istg
Is not antagonistic. Is more like why are you giving special treatment to Bleach?

Giving staff orders like “then you need to do this” is going to be viewed as antagonistic. Just say “I think it should be open since Bleach threads have been tame lately and we should give it a chance” and then move on.

Giving staff orders like “then you need to do this” is going to be viewed as antagonistic. Just say “I think it should be open since Bleach threads have been tame lately and we should give it a chance” and then move on.
English isn’t my first language. I don’t know if you already knew that or not. 😕

What do you mean rushing things?

The aim of the rule would be to prevent rushing.
I meant that if people can push through controversial revisions in 24 hours, that is far too quick for many of our staff members to notice.

I agree with you in principle, but don't think that you go quite far enough.

Anyway, this thread is the wrong place for this discussion topic. You should create a thread in the staff forum instead. Here it will derail the main thread.

Last edited:
I meant that if people can push through controversial revisions in 24 hours, that is far too quick for many of our staff members to notice.

I agree with you in principle, but don't think that you go quite far enough.

Ah, I see. Well, the grace period could be not 24 hours from the thread's creation, but rather 24 hours from the thread being accepted/rejected [excepting low-effort/troll/against the rules threads]?

I agree with this.

Ah, I see. Well, the grace period could be not 24 hours from the thread's creation, but rather 24 hours from the thread being accepted/rejected [excepting low-effort/troll/against the rules threads]?
Well, if people constantly have to wait for 24 hours with applying the results of a thread after it has been accepted by our staff, that would seriously hamper the efficiency of my work here in the forum, so I am more interested in finding a way to avoid previously prepared floods of fans of a series quickly overwhelming a few staff members trying to act as quality control floodgates, to pass controversial and unreliable threads before other staff have the chance to react.

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, this topic should be a staff only thread instead of derailing here.

Hm, I feel that this page should be locked due the same reason that Boros is locked, as Garou is the 2nd most popular character of the verse, and someone once told to me that popular pages need to be locked

Thank you for helping out Starter Pack and Elizhaa.

Back