• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread - 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimeze should be Jimizu as his name is a pun on Misuji beef.

Su Roas/Rozie should be Sous Roas and Roasie as her name is a pun on Roast and Sous-vide steak.

Bollarator should be Borareta, as it's play on the Japanese word for rip-off.

Pirina should be Pilina, which is a type of mollusk, which is what other Namekians are named after.

I already updated Jimizu, but just to make certain, are these their official names, or just ones that you think make better sense?

From the ones I've checked, it looks like the names for the current profiles were used in earlier translations, while the ones Lollipop is providing are used on the Dragon Ball wiki, which I think shows that it has general fandom acceptance.

Okay. Thank you. I will continue with the updates then.

Can I ask you guys to edit two characters ratings that doesn't make any sense, and the proof for it is a joke video?

@M3X

What do you need help with specifically?

Both Arthur Morga and John Marsto need their 9-A rating removed. The reason is, the video linked for the "Can blow up bridges and trains" justifications is a joke video. In the video, Arthur trow his lighter to the ground and the bridge explode. This is wrong, because the brigde didn't explode because of that. Both Arthur and John put inumerous dynamites in the pillars of the brigde, and after then, Arthur explode the bridge.

In fact both use dynamites, since you can play as both and the mechanics and everything else works equally for both. So, remove the 9-A and just add a "far higher with dynamites stick" (Can one shot characters that can harm both Arthur and John)

Agnaa said:
the Dragon Ball wiki, which I think shows that it has general fandom acceptance.
The Dragon Ball Wiki is an extremely unrealible source of information mocked by anyone who knows about the canon of the series, so this is just plain false.

I'd lean towards the names as they were in the official English subtitles of the DBS anime.

So did I make a mistake when I changed the names?

If something so like this is seriously this much of a problem, then change them back. Excuse me for ever bringing it up in the first place. I'm outnumbered by anyway.

Well, according to my knowledge, as it stands there are many profiles that are named according to the DB wiki or the Japanese pronunciation, and there are many that are named according to the official English subtitles. So it's a whole mess and somebody would need to go through them to convert them all to only one format, whichever is decided.

I'm not seeing that.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Maybe it's mature art?
You might be onto something. It could be because imgur itself allows mature art, and so if you're in a country where an ID is required to view mature art you wouldn't be allowed to see any image on imgur without your ID?

Is some staff member willing to upload the image to this wiki and then replace the link?

Antvasima said:
Is some staff member willing to upload the image to this wiki and then replace the link?
If it's an issue with specific countries affecting all of imgur, I don't think it's very practical to replace all links, or very effective just to replace links on that page.

Also, each of those albums had quite a few images, it would look a little messy linking all of them individually on the wiki.

@Spino There's 4 albums linked, actually.

The thread has been dealt with and closed by other members.

I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back