• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread - 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The profile is from an adaptation. It's not different enough from the source material for a profile to be made. This was already discussed.

Okay. Then it can probably remain deleted.

From the history of those pages, it looks like you just copied each page's source over the other one's. Couldn't you just reverse that process?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The profile is from an adaptation. It's not different enough from the source material for a profile to be made. This was already discussed.
No. What was discussed was that the game and anime should be kept separate, as originally Phoenix page, had the anime and game profiles had been on the same page. A thread discussed it and said the anime wouldn't be canon to the games.

On top of that. We had Staff actually saying the anime could have its own page.

"I mean it would be more simple to separate the anime and game profiles. Then, from them make a composite profile. So, it would be like 3 separate profiles."

"Yeah, alternate canon profiles exist."

The fact Phoenix has several different powers than in the game, even an episode that covers a case not done in the games should be plenty reason to let it have a page. There is no reason it shouldn't exist, and it causes no harm, while having notably different powers and Physicality. This isn't a carbon copy with every same ability and nothing new, Phoenix in the anime is Stronger, Tougher, has solved different cases, and has displayed several different powers all separate to the game. Plenty difference for it to get a page.

Even if two mediums are kept separate, if they're not different enough then they don't get their own profiles.

There is no reason it shouldn't exist, and it causes no harm

Allowing profiles that are too similar can cause harm, by flooding the site with similar profiles.

Now, I'm not familiar enough with this verse to say whether they actually are too similar or not, I just wanted to respond to those points. Even if a character has some scenes which make them 8-C instead of 9-B, if 98% of the content between the mediums is the same, another profile probably isn't justified.

They arent too similar though.

Anime Phoenix has different feats, extra story, and different powers. This isn't just a matter of he is just physically stronger in this version. Several difference are made. It was even said in thread that it would be best to separate them into different pages rather than separate keys. As separate keys is what we almost did, but ended on the separate pages.

We don't allow similar counterparts. Agnaa is right.

Powers and abilities being different from another source isn't an excuse for having a profile for what's essentially a character with an already existent profile. The same applies to tier.

The adaptation needs to prove that it's different enough not only in the character's portrayal but overall storyline, like Dragon Ball GT which exists in a different timeline and has its own canon (we even have the author confirming this).

Phoenix Wright's anime profile doesn't fit this criteria AFAIK.

Yeah, by this logic, we could make an Anime Naruto profile because it fullfills all criteria Phoenix does, so this totally needs to go.

Well, that or you could just make an Anime Naruto profile. I see no problem with it. Hell, doesn't anime Dragon Ball Goku have a profile? I don't see how this is any different.

The Wright Way said:
anime Dragon Ball Goku have a profile?
Anime Goku is explicity a different timeline/continuity according to Toriyama, it has massive deviations from canon. So this is very different.

Anime Goku has very different stats and it serves an important purpose of powerscaling to other Toei profiles such as movies and GT. There's a reason why we don't have anime Vegeta, Krillin, Gohan, etc.

I agree that 2 counterparts that only differ in some of the stats shouldn't exist.

Agnaa said:
From the history of those pages, it looks like you just copied each page's source over the other one's. Couldn't you just reverse that process?
Has this been handled?

Why should the series be renamed just because the adaptation changed the name? Unless the profiles are for the anime only and don't use the original, I see no reason to use the name of the adaptation instead of that of the original.

Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back