• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

All-purpose request thread - 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
I renamed Cus to Kusu and left a redirect.

I also closed the thread.

They're both equally canon tho

I mean, the category itself is defined as "Characters that are not part of the regular continuity of a certain franchise.", which is the reason Superman (Kingdom Come) has that category. So I see no reason why they wouldn't have it.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Dragon Ball Super and Chou are both equally canon in this case though, given that the latter is written by Toriyama and the former is the most prominent. There is no main continuity of the two.

Kingdom Come Superman literally appears on "The Kingdom" and a JSA run and interacts with other Post-Crisis characters, including his other self. So yeah, Chou should have the category if that's enough to have it.

Tbf, the way the Non-Canon Character category is worded, that's exactly what it's implying, alternate continuities.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Alternate continuity is literally one that is alternate to the original one, hence not canon. DBS anime and manga, both are considered to be extension of the main continuity and both are equally canon to the original manga. It isn't like one of them is canon and one is not.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Eh it's because at the start we treated the anime as the main canon because of what Toriyama said at the time of its release and what was said about the manga being a "promotional material" and "adaptation" of the anime.

But things have changed since then because of new information that came out in further interviews. It seems that nobody seems to have gotten around to creating new profiles for single/couple keys. Although, Vegeta has been separated and Gohan will soon follow suit.

Oh, so from what I'm getting, Super information in general should be separated from the original manga profiles? I can help in making the profiles if that's what you need, and if Super anime is separated from the original manga, then we would indeed have no main continuity and thus no need for the category on Chou profiles.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Ion

Super and Chou are both equally valid/canon continuations of the original DBZ manga.

Antvasima said:
Super and Chou are both equally valid/canon continuations of the original DBZ manga.
I know that, that's what I'm saying adding Super anime info on the canon manga profiles while booting the Chou manga info to its own profile shows we have taken the Super anime as the main canon despite both being equally canon.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I am not so sure that Super is separate from the original manga though, in case you are suggesting a separate verse page. I just have the impression that there are two equally canon continuations to the original DBZ manga, Chou and Super.

That's not what I'm suggesting at all, and I have no idea where did you get that idea from. Super is a direct sequel to the original manga, saying otherwise is just being ignorant of the statements saying that.

Antvasima said:
Dragon Ball Super and Chou are both equally canon in this case though, given that the latter is written by Toriyama and the former is the most prominent.
Also, this is false. The Chou manga isn't written by Toriyama, it is written by Toyotaro, while the Super anime is written by the people at Toei. Both the Super anime and the Chou manga are based on the original outline which was written by Toriyama, but each version of the story is credited to be written by the people Toriyama handled his outline to, that is, Toyotaro and Toei.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Well I already addressed your concerns about the profiles so let's stop dragging it further in this thread. You can talk about it in the DBS discussion thread if you wish.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. I at least think that Toriyama has a much closer collaboration with Toyotaro, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, we should drop this discussion, yes.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Also, you should probably run a virus check on your computer.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
The V is capitalized in The Fairly OddParents wiki and on other wikis too though.

Eficiente

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Well, The Fairly OddParents wiki does a lot of questionable decisions as far as I could see, and other wikis likely copied that.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Mindovin changed changed Tyrannosaurus and I handled the rest.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@AKM & Mindovin

Thank you for helping out.

@Planck69

I unlocked the page.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Those are the main characters of the MCU though (alongside Spider-Man and Hulk), and should probably remain locked.

And Captain America and Thor's ratings are rather controversial too. If anything only Iron Man should be unlocked.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
They are very popular pages, and as such controversial. Sorry.

Eficiente

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This vsthread was and still is a huge mess, any summed up explanation of why will be used against me so others can check it to evaluate believing in that or not: Somebody claimed that 1 side had all the votes while the other had none as theirs were debunked, then added the match by himself and requested the thread to be closed. I have more definisions for that than just "wrong". The match should be removed, both profiles locked and someone should tell something to that guy.

Can a content mod/admin edit VS Battles Wiki, MediaWiki:Wiki-navigatio, and MediaWiki:Welcome-message-wall-user to link to "Thread:4234479" instead of the current RVT thread? You can use these three edits as a guide/sample:

EDIT: Andytrenom has done these edits. Thanks for the help, buddy :3

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Was Eficiente's problem dealt with?

@Agnaa & Andy

Thank you for helping out.

Can we give Jinbe this quote on his page, "I come from a country at the bottom of the sea called the Ryugu Kingdom, the sector of the Fishmen. All over the world I have caused great harm to my comrades. Not long ago, I received a cup of sake from the Straw Hat's captain. I am the new recruit! Jinbe, Knight of the Sea!!!"

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Jinbe

Please add this quote to Toppo's God of Destruction form.

Justice and evil. I have moved beyond that binary now. There is only being and the absence of being.

Mindovin

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Lollipop The King said:
Please add this quote to Toppo's God of Destruction form.

Justice and evil. I have moved beyond that binary now. There is only being and the absence of being.
Done

Status
Not open for further replies.