• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@The Calaca I'm sorry if i'm being difficult. My communication skills can always improve.

@Elixir you're not, don't worry.

@Weekly I'm not sure which kind of fallacy you used, but nice move to completely ignore the exposure.

Not sure what exposure you think im avoiding, anyone can go back through my arguments to see that what im saying is true, but since you admitted youre wrong in the other thread we'll drop this

So since its standard equipment and a weapon, the injector is not allowed to be restricted and thus the op change is against the rules

I'll drop the subject atm. I'll still wait the show just to see how accurate your claims actually are.

Not against the rules as far as the match isn't added tho.

Why is the injector labeled as her standard equipment, yet she has a separate key that includes it?

The match was changed from her key of "with gem injector" to "base"

That doesn't sound against the rules

Changing Standard equipment to not having standard equipment is considered going to base? What?

Oh right. It's more of a weapon because Thor can hold it and swing his arm with it.

Hear that, Battleships and Tanks? You aren't weapons, just vehicles.

WeeklyBattles said:
This applies to weapons as well
The Drill is a vehicle, not a weapon (Spinel just happens to punch it farther into the ground after driving it there). It's fine to restrict those from what I recall.

iirc weapons are fine to restrict too, as you aren't really restricting the character's powers, just the items they have available to them. I know for sure it's fine for optional equipment, it gets wishy-washy with standard equipment.

The Injector is, by definition, not even remotely a vehicle, and no, if it doesnt grant a higher tier then its not fine to restrict as per the versus thread rules

WeeklyBattles said:
The Injector is, by definition, not even remotely a vehicle, and no, if it doesnt grant a higher tier then its not fine to restrict as per the versus thread rules
Seems like a vehicle to me. A spacefaring one at that, unless Spinel's hiding a ship in the atmosphere we never see or hear of.

The vehicle/weapon isn't the character, so you aren't restricting the character's powers. Lines up with the rule fine to me.

iirc weapons are fine to restrict too, as you aren't really restricting the character's powers, just the items they have available to them. I know for sure it's fine for optional equipment, it gets wishy-washy with standard equipment.

Wait, we can have vs threads of Thor without a hammer or an axe?

Let's go one step further. Let's have a vs thread with Zoro having no swords!

Restricting weapons/standard equipment that doesnt grant a higher tier is just a way to put a character at an unfair disadvantage in matching they would otherwise have a better chance of winning if they had those weapons

Especially in circumstances like this were it was only restricted after it was decided that Spinel would win with it

WeeklyBattles said:
Just make threads with Ruby Rose but restrict crescent rose
Dargoo Faust said:
I know for sure it's fine for optional equipment, it gets wishy-washy with standard equipment.
Who knew context mattered in situations like this.

Again though, it's not even a weapon she uses in combat. It's a vehicle she parked violently into Beach City that she punched once, not something she deploys to attack Steven and the Gems in their actual bouts.

She was using the Gem Injector to attack the planet to kill Steven and everyone else on the planet. It was shown in indirect combat, as Steven and the Gems had to deal with the weapon or else they would die. This was the plot of the movie.

I would like to see the rule that says only things used in direct combat can only be considered as standard equipment. I would like to challenge that rule.

The Gem Injector does have a weakness. If someone can manipulate Sound vibrations like Spinel, they could turn off the machine without Spinel's assistance.

ElixirBlue said:
The Gem Injector does have a weakness. If someone can manipulate Sound vibrations like Spinel, they could turn off the machine without Spinel's assistance.
sorry I am coming into this thread out of nowhere, but can air manipulation work as as sound manipulation?

since on all mights page it says this:

Air Manipulation (Can generate air pressure with his attacks. Can create cyclones)

In some cases yes but All Might hasnt exactly shown the ability to manipulate sound with his air attacks. That and he'd need to match the exact frequency and pitch as Spinel's activation sound to be able to stop the Injector, and with no knowledge of how it works even if he does manage to mimic it he could very well just make it go faster rather than shut it down.

Spinel scales above 317MT while Toshinori has a 840MT feat when weakened. If this is Prime Toshinori, he scales quite above that.

Alright so while that AP advantage is nice it's not that much, so her unpredictability will likely be able to make up for the lower stats. And while he would likely poof her like almost every SU vs. ___ thread ever he won't know to shatter her so she'll likely be able to reform and keep going. And since All Might will have been weakened from their first fight she'll be able to win. Voting Spinel (Also since the fight starts with both of them on the Injector All Might won't be able to abuse his massive range advantage)

Fishyfishyfishy500 said:
ElixirBlue said:
sorry I am coming into this thread out of nowhere, but can air manipulation work as as sound manipulation?
since on all mights page it says this:

Air Manipulation (Can generate air pressure with his attacks. Can create cyclones)
I came into this thread out of nowhere too! :D

Also Mightiester Bump

Back