• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All chakra-based beings supply themselves oxygen outside of Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've compiled 13 dimensions other than Earth in which we see characters in the Narutoverse travel to at certain points for extended periods of time.
Many of which have no signs of possibly producing oxygen, especially that of the kamui dimension, Kaguya's ice and lava dimension, Kawaki's dimension, Jigen and Momoshiki's barren dimensions.

I'm not sure how we've gone on so long to just accept that they all have breathable air when a lot of their conditions do not meet that possibility.
Yes, in the novels and books it is explained that there are devices used to transfer oxygen into chakra but we do not see these characters create this every time they go outside of their home world dimension: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11138/111387852/7633423-egngqnuxkaevgfu.jpeg.

Boruto himself even TP'd him party to an unknown dimension which could be argued to have breathable air but its not like he had a choice to land there. With Sasuke traveling through so many dimensions they cannot expect/hope all of them would have breathable air.

Lastly, the moon made by Hagoromo and Hamura was visited by Hamura prior to it being made habitable, INSIDE. Hamura is only half Otsutsuki; other ninja are shown on the surface of the moon which has previously been argued to be breathable because the moon is hollow. I also added a scan of Toneri far away from the moon, even passing Earth and going towards the sun where there should be no breathable air. He doesn't have tenseigan mode activated, and Naruto jumped up far passed Earth to go and save Toneri.

A whole squad of kage and Boruto + non ninja-combatants follow Sasuke to one of Momoshiki's dimensions which is barren and shouldn't have breathable air yet their all fine.
In conclusion: Give narutoverse

Self-Sustenance​

:)

EDIT: For this reason: it is shown in the Naruto Retsuden novel, Chapter 4 that only Naruto is needed to be hooked onto a chakra-oxygen transferring device so he can breathe in space. He only needed this because he wasn't able to mold chakra at the the time. Everyone else is not shown to need this because chakra already produces oxygen for all life forms.

This easily explains how they can go to some place like the Kamui dimension, or Sasuke can risk traveling throughout the universe without worrying if he can breathe wherever he lands. Because the physiology of the characters in this verse allow them to sustain themselves in this otherwise harsh environments.

I would like to hear how in the hell we could just ignore THIRTEEN dimensions different Earth somehow having oxygen when they wouldn't if this was another piece of fiction.

32757236b7303c056b4d1d573e34c4bd.png
a6ca204501478e415ceb5384bdf6cad3.png

10c663000be3c620710edcf5f7db8714.png
932c749ac412956d5264c03dc035a6a3.png

88ec4cb4b04a8f3e76a786b5faac2a7a.png
84500cc381cfb0fb07bf1b65f3e6ec91.png

d5f1f28e84598cb2f9cae9c4e481b63d.png
08e975f548e2b97b5b920a26f6c01049.png

e833a9a3b66acb36217b1a19283d3703.png
c2a1c49bfe695c268e394632570690e1.jpg

aea36e45f974db10046d201bf084359b.png
588c6a37745b1e124cd69de41a20b4ef.png

Last edited:
I would say any dimension with visible day-night cycle cannot be reasonably assumed to have no breathable air. They might or might not. No way to confirm. You can argue barren dimensions and the moon don't have oxygen, but that's pretty much it.

Yeah no. You're basing the bulk of proof for self sustenance of the whole verse majorly on otsusuki and six path characters who already have self sustenace?
Naa I don't think so. Also most of the scans here are of dimensions that have day night circle. Only one separate from this is where momo and naruto and sasuke fought. I'm pretty sure it makes more sense for the dimensions to have breathable air than not

Isn’t the moon in Naruto cover with oxygen like our planets atmosphere based on the hollow moon having an ecosystem aka plants?

Yeah no. You're basing the bulk of proof for self sustenance of the whole verse majorly on otsusuki and six path characters who already have self sustenace?
Naa I don't think so. Also most of the scans here are of dimensions that have day night circle. Only one separate from this is where momo and naruto and sasuke fought. I'm pretty sure it makes more sense for the dimensions to have breathable air than not
A day and night cycle doesn't give a planet a breathable atmosphere.
Dimensions like Kamui, and the barren planets insinuate the author of the manga has these characters not worry If the go to another some dimension they don't have to worry about breathing.

There are 13 Dimensions and most of them are barren, and even for the ones that aren't, these characters DO visit barren ones.

The evidence that they are all self sustainable is because for any of these Dimensions they never prep of the possibility of needing breathable air, even when landing in a completely random one.

My bad I just re read the first link as posted which mentions as long as people have chakra they can breathe in places without oxygen because their body would just make themselves. That explains how non ninja were also in these dimensions that show NO sign of oxygen.

My bad I just re read the first link as posted which mentions as long as people have chakra they can breathe in places without oxygen because their body would just make themselves
Your first link has Sakura surgically attach a machine to Sasuke that converts chakra to oxygen. In fact that very same novel has Sasuke tell Kakashi it would take twenty days for him to get used to a low oxygen environment. So your source completely contradicts your claim.

If the novels contradict the manga and anime then that's fine, just a mishap on the novels paet. There are still many dimensions that shouldn't have oxygen, assume to have them.

Especially those of otsutsuki made dimensions. The otsutsuki have zero reason to make the air breathable for Earth humans millennium ahead of time.

Theres no reaskn kamui would have oxygen. On a different plane of existence, no trees no sign of places to make oxygen.

Lastly, in most pieces of fictuon when you land on planet or world outside your own the very first question is can we breathe there.

Nothing supports them ever wondering that question when jumping through 13 dimensions in the manga source material. And there is no evidence of these places having oxygen either.

Your first link has Sakura surgically attach a machine to Sasuke that converts chakra to oxygen. In fact that very same novel has Sasuke tell Kakashi it would take twenty days for him to get used to a low oxygen environment. So your source completely contradicts your claim.

Especially those of otsutsuki made dimensions. The otsutsuki have zero reason to make the air breathable for Earth humans millennium ahead of time.
You would have to show that those areas lack oxygen or a breathable environment. Otherwise the assumption is that there's just air there for whatever reason.

To use some examples: The Hyperbolic Time Chamber, the Spot's pocket dimension from Marvel, the Phantom Zone (in some versions) and the Hueco Mundo are all areas that also should have no oxygen but have it anyways.

It's on you to prove why they have none, not on us to prove that they do.

If the novels contradict the manga and anime then that's fine,
It doesn't though. It says they need air to live, which would mean there's air in all the locations you mentioned.

Disagree. I don’t think we can just assume they have no breathable air unless it is explicitly stated so. If it is ever stated, only then do characters get Self-Sustenance. The only exception to this is outer space which is self explanatory. You can argue the Otsutsuki have this ability (Urashiki was even traveling in space) but that’s about it.

weren't naruto and hinata on the moon just fine or am i missing something?

other than that, they could have just known beforehand that the dimension they're going in as barren as it looks has breathable oxygen so it's of no threat to them

Multiple staff members already disagreed and the OP basically ghosted since Tuesday. This should be fine to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back