• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor upgrade for Kurama (Kyubi)

 SPECIFIC EXPLANATION.

Kurama or commonly known as the nine-tailed monster (kyubi) is one of the creatures from the ten-tailed "Chakra" fragment (Juubi) [1]. That means his body is a large lump of chakra that is manipulated to have a biological body like other living creatures, but even so, the fact is that Kurama is the embodiment of Chakra itself. It is just Energy, therefore at least he will never feel pain and aging if he is in Chakra mode. Because he is energy, therefore he will not need oxygen to live. Being able to rise again from death in another person's body means that he is still dependent on his "Chakra" which is in that person's body [2], and finally he will not die conventionally with its classification as Energy/Chakra.

Conclusion :

• Self-sustenance; type 1.
• Immortality; type 1, 4, & 5.

Because he is energy, therefore he will not need oxygen to live.
Source for this? Because I'm pretty sure we've only seen Kurama surviving in airless conditions while released as an energy avatar. (And that's bit dubious, because everyone seemed to be fine on the Moon's surface)

Where's the proof that the Tailed Beasts themselves in their flesh-and-blood forms don't need Oxygen?

self-sustenance, immortality type 1 & 4 seems fine. idk know about type 5 tho
Because I'm pretty sure we've only seen Kurama surviving in airless conditions while released as an energy avatar.
5DuGJf4.jpeg

Huh. Weird. I could've sworn Kurama came out as an Avatar but I must have misremembered. Still, I'm pretty sure we don't grant Self-Sustenance to the other Shinobi there.

Source for this? Because I'm pretty sure we've only seen Kurama surviving in airless conditions while released as an energy avatar. (And that's bit dubious, because everyone seemed to be fine on the Moon's surface)

Where's the proof that the Tailed Beasts themselves in their flesh-and-blood forms don't need Oxygen?
Someone already represents me

Last edited:
They should prolly get it too. If Naruto's moon's surface had sustainable atmospheric conditions for breathing, Hamura wouldn't have created a habitable environment inside the moon for his clan; they would simply live on the surface.

Nu uh.

"The stone statue that Kurama had thrown came falling down. The giant statue directly hit Toneri. Sent flying, Toneri floated high up into the air. As he gained height, direct rays from the sun, which had been hidden by Earth’s shadow, illuminated Toneri. (Novelization of Naruto: The Last)

Also, them shinobis still need air to breathe

"The stone statue that Kurama had thrown came falling down. The giant statue directly hit Toneri. Sent flying, Toneri floated high up into the air. As he gained height, direct rays from the sun, which had been hidden by Earth’s shadow, illuminated Toneri. (Novelization of Naruto: The Last)
We use the movie not its novelization and in the movie Toneri was shot into space not air.
Also, them shinobis still need air to breathe
What novel is this again?

Back