• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien X should be 1-A High part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asked to comment here. What happened?
Nothing much. We're pretty much trying to figure out if Celestialsapiens should get reality warping or some really garbage plot manipulation since they apparently changed the VA's and shit.

I was asked to comment here. What happened?
Since you know a bit about universes and stuff wanna answer this
Also found this on Ben 10 wiki
Is this enough for tier 2-C alien x?
P06-7_BEN10.jpg

Traced this scan to here:

Changing voices and appearances is not enough for plot manipulation, even if the implications are somewhat meta.
They already have universe-scale reality warping, I do not see how this can not be chalked up to that.

Also, being able to "destroy universes" is only a High 3-A to Low 2-C statement. It would only be higher if it was "destroy multiple universes at once".
We tier based on what they're capable of with a single attack. Destroying multiple universes one at a time is not 2-C.

I wouldn't say it's really garbage tho his plot manip allow him to reshape things into whatever he wants which give him biological manipulation so it's kind a good ability..... I think
Actually no, changing artstyle or voice actor is not the same as biologically changing your appearance and voice, even if you change one's artstyle, their biology information still the same as thus they still retain their biological physiology

Changing voices and appearances is not enough for plot manipulation, even if the implications are somewhat meta.
They already have universe-scale reality warping, I do not see how this can not be chalked up to that.

Also, being able to "destroy universes" is only a High 3-A to Low 2-C statement. It would only be higher if it was "destroy multiple universes at once".
We tier based on what they're capable of with a single attack. Destroying multiple universes one at a time is not 2-C.
It's stated in the Guide that Alien x can destroy multiple universes by just thinking about it which clearly refers to him doing it in a single attack effortlessly

Reactions: Rez
Well then only biological manipulation will get added to x's profile from here and the reality warping affected other timelines as well so it's 2-B in range

It's stated in the Guide that Alien x can destroy multiple universes by just thinking about it which clearly refers to him doing it in a single attack
If you're talking about the most recent scan posted, I'd say that's a stretch.
It says he can destroy universes in one section, and that he does things via thought in another.
The wording seems to imply it would take multiple thoughts, rather than a single thought.
It may seem like a trivial distinction, but we do our best to be as accurate as possible, especially on higher tiers.

If you're talking about the most recent scan posted, I'd say that's a stretch.
It says he can destroy universes in one section, and that he does things via thought in another.
The wording seems to imply it would take multiple thoughts, rather than a single thought.
It may seem like a trivial distinction, but we do our best to be as accurate as possible, especially on higher tiers.
Nah the statement is clear as a day it literally refers to Alien x being effortlessly able to one shots multiple universes by just thinking doing it

Alien x can create and destroy entire universes, so the risk is too great for Ben to use this upgrade again
Where does it imply he does it multiple attacks

You have to prove he did it by manipulating biology and not just some other power.
Changing some character's biology via any power does qualify for biological manipulation or else over heaven dio should have all of his powers other than reality warping removed

Alien x can create and destroy entire universes, so the risk is too great for Ben to use this upgrade again
Where does it imply he does it multiple attacks
Imagine I said "I can defeat 30 toddlers."
You would not assume I am strong enough to defeat 30 toddlers with one punch all at the same time, you would assume I'd defeat them with one punch each.
You would only assume a single punch if I explicitly said "I can defeat 30 toddlers in a single punch."

If I said "I can defeat 30 toddlers."
You would not assume I am strong enough to defeat 30 toddlers with one punch, you would assume I'd defeat each of them with one punch.
You would only assume a single punch if I explicitly said "I can defeat 30 toddlers in a single punch."
Yes we do assume unless shown otherwise if someone says I can one shot 50 buildings then we assume that he can destroy them in a single punch unless shown otherwise

Imagine I said "I can defeat 30 toddlers."
You would not assume I am strong enough to defeat 30 toddlers with one punch all at the same time, you would assume I'd defeat each of them with one punch.
Yeah the keyword here being assume

Yeah the keyword here being assume
You are making an assumption either way, since the wording is ambiguous.
The more conservative assumption simply makes more sense based on the way most people speak.
If I said "A handgun could kill many people," you know that I do not mean the handgun could kill many people in one shot.
The same logic applies to the sentence here about universes.

You are making an assumption either way, since the wording is ambiguous.
The more conservative assumption simply makes more sense based on the way most people speak.
If I said "A handgun could kill many people," you know that I do not mean the handgun could kill many people in one shot.
The same logic applies to the sentence here about universes.
So if a character said "I destroyed 1000 universes" we are not going to assume that he is 2-B because we don't know if he destroyed them in a single shot?

Correct. If all we're given is that they "Destroyed 1000 universes."
We know for certain they can destroy a universe,
we do not know for certain how many they destroyed at once, or how long it took.
Therefore, the most evidence leans towards just Low 2-C.

Context is important.

....Yes. More context is needed.
Yeah no I disagree when someone says that he performed an action we assume that he can do it immediately and with a single shot it won't make any sense for someone to say that he can destroy 50 buildings while he knows that he can only destroy one at a time unless it was an hyperbole statement

Yeah no I disagree when someone says that he performed an action we assume that he can do it immediately and with a single shot it won't make any sense for someone to say that he can destroy 50 buildings while he knows that he can only destroy one at a time like at all
Right, okay. Next time a boxer tells you that he's beaten 50 people, you should watch out because he could probably punch you in half by that logic.

Yeah no I disagree when someone says that he performed an action we assume that he can do it immediately and with a single shot it won't make any sense for someone to say that he can destroy 50 buildings while he knows that he can only destroy one at a time like at all
So, you disagree that we need more context than just a single statement to accurately index a character. That's fun.

I killed 100 people.

Does this mean

a. I killed them all in one fell swoop.

or

b. I killed them one at a time.

Now this is easy. Because that statement lacks context

Right, okay. Next time a boxer tells you that he's beaten 50 people, you should watch out because he could probably punch you in half by that logic.
Okay tell me why would someone say that he can destroy multiple universes if he knows that he can only destroy one at a time? That literally doesn't make sense

oh nice false equivalance. a boxer doesnt have the range to K.O 50 people while alien x have and you still need to prove that he didnt do at the same time

Okay tell me why would someone say that he can destroy multiple universes if he knows that he can only destroy one at a time? That literally doesn't make sense
Because they can still destroy multiple universes. Just not in a single shot. Which is the criteria that we use to give a character a tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back