• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Uh, what are all the accessible abilities that classic Sonic has again? It's quite difficult for me to differentiate the abilities/power-ups between classic Sonic and the other versions. Oh, and does this version have speed amps? If so, to what extent?

DeathNoodles said:
Uh, what are all the accessible abilities that classic Sonic has again? It's quite difficult for me to differentiate the abilities/power-ups between classic Sonic and the other versions. Oh, and does this version have speed amps? If so, to what extent?
There are lines in the powers and abilities section to identify what powers go to what key. Yes, speed shoes amp his speed, but I forget the extent that they do it.

Hmm. As for classic Sonic's "powerups", does he have them all from the very start, or does he have to go to specific areas/positions to gain those powerups like in the games?

DeathNoodles said:
Hmm. As for classic Sonic's "powerups", does he have them all from the very start, or does he have to go to specific areas/positions to gain those powerups like in the games?
We assume he has them right off the bat. Whether it'd be in character for him to activate them right off the bat is another matter. (And yes, there are games with Classic Sonic where power ups have to be activated rather than automatically used as soon as he gets them if memory serves right)

Hmm. Based from his profile, he seems to be quite cocky and overconfident (a personality trait that applies even to his classic version, as that weakness of him seems to be placed in the same sentence as his classic self). I'll like to know this: How in-character is it for classic Sonic to start using his powerups from the very start? Would it be in-character for him to use Ring Time against a completely unknown enemy from the very start?

We don't know, considering that he's never had it on him in a one-on-one fight. Knowing his character though, probably not. He tends to default to his shields and not really use his hax all that much.

Okay. Well, I see a problem here. As Mercer has consumed Elizabeth Greene, he now has all of her abilities (with 2x the AP). That means his AP should be over 254 tons now, which gives him a slight AP advantage over Sonic's 224 tons. So Sonic can't hurt him with his Insta-shields, and can only probably lock him in place with the electricity forcefields for a split second (unless he can spam it, which I can only see if he has more than power ups of the same type), and even then he can only do it so much before Mercer decides to adapt to it and become more resistant (similar to what the Hydra did in Prototype 2).

If Sonic tries to dash towards Mercer as an attack, he'll just get himself impaled by Mercer's spikes porcupine style. Assuming he has a speed amp of 2x that he could use for 20 seconds at best, it wouldn't even be enough to speedblitz Mercer and would still be possible for him to get tagged. Based on Mercer's feats from the Prototype 2 comics (which takes place before the Prototype 2 game. And since Mercer hasn't used any feats beyond tier 8-A that I know of in those comics, it should be valid to use for this match), Mercer would just simply absorb Sonic upon making physical contact with him (which would bypass Sonic's Invulnerability with the Invincibility Monitor as it is hax that doesn't involve physical damage in a conventional sense). Sonic's Rocket Shoes would probably only give him a few seconds of airtime away from Mercer (assuming that he doesn't get speared by Mercer's Whipfist that is) before he has to fight Mercer again.

The only winning condition Sonic has that I can think of is his Ring Time, but due to his character he probably wouldn't even use it at the beginning of the match. Sonic's overconfidence would be his downfall here as it would most likely result in him getting consumed by Merced before he gets the chance to use Ring Time.

Blueblur24 said:
Does alex Mercer have access to all of his abilities or are they separate to different forms ?
Think of it like this: All of the Powers and Abilities listed in his profile, he pretty much has access to all of them in both Prototype 1 and 2. The only difference is that in Prototype 2 he basically has higher AP and stats, as well as more experience in using his powers (he has 2 years to hone his abilities after the events of Prototype 1, where he was only a few weeks old during Prototype 1). That's pretty much it.

As far as hax goes, Prototype 1 and 2 Mercer is still the same (with the exception being that Prototype 2 Mercer has access to Viral Sonar, an ability he most likely has developed after the events of Prototype 1. Probably). The only difference is that they both have almost entirely different personalities (like say, Prototype 1 Mercer wouldn't normally start unleashing infected gases and infecting everything as he is held back by his somewhat loose morals, disliking the idea that he has to repeat the Redlight Virus incident and all. In contrast, Prototype 2 Mercer despises humanity and is perfectly in-character for him to start unleashing infected gases/fluids at the beginning of a fight as he wishes to change humanity and all that), so they might approach a fight differently in comparison to each other.

To summarise, Prototype 2 Mercer is basically just a physically stronger and more experienced version of Prototype 1 Mercer, their abilities/hax pretty much remains the same.

Back