• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer vs. Natsumi

Not in this case

Mercer is literally losing his biology here, he is literally becoming an object, so he wont even be able to think straight since he is....well, an object

EmperorDoom25 said:
Not in this case

Mercer is literally losing his biology here, he is literally becoming an object, so he wont even be able to think straight since he is....well, an object
But would she be able to get past the extreme scale of Biological/Matter Manipulation resistance (that likely includes Transmutation) to be able to perform that though?

Ionliosite said:
X.

Let's see, why Natsumi wouldn't use her transmutation in Mercer? She has used it on AST members, so she has used it on humans.
The heavily armed military personal?

Regardless, assuming Natsumi is not going to do it againts Mercer is like assuming that a character won't attack a child just because he has never been shown doing so.

Yes, Natsumi's first move was always to start with transmutation, against Human (AST and Shidou when Natsumi was not aware of Shidou's power and was about to turn him into a manga so basically a lambda student and also when she used it as first move when Shidou and the spirits has won their lmittle game), against fodder Robots and finally against spirits. Natsumi has literally no other starting move but that, Power Mimicry? She need to see the power first (and never waited that the opponent make the first move), BFR? That more possible but sadly, she never do it as first move in a fight, and never used it in a fight so BFR is pretty no too. A punch? never do that, Natsumi know her lacking of physical abilities even for a spirits', that why she always use ranged Magical power. Wait that the opponent make the first move because it's an human? Never do that again, She always start to win, to avoid to being injured. Completly not use her angel? Not possible too, for natsumi, no angel = no abilities. Also

Ionliosite said:
Regardless, assuming Natsumi is not going to do it againts Mercer is like assuming that a character won't attack a child just because he has never been shown doing so.
If this is your point then not only me but SBA disagree with you

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.
~ Quote​
Natsumi's usual battle strategie is transmute the opponent into a non-aggresive object, human or not, in a death battle, she will use her usual tactics (even if she also used it against human tho) I don't see what she can do other than Transmutation as she always used it as first moves, regardless the character, and here, just because you're an human won't change anything.

@Iono it's not thought based, Haniel just start to brighten and poof, the opponent is now transmuted, the effect is instant but the process not even if it's pretty fast.

Not gonna vote in this thread, jut for correcting some fallacious idea.

State of mind makes a person willing to fight yes, it dies not make them instantly willing to kill, as it even states they are in character but willing to do so.

But fine.

Ah, so Natsumi has to summon her Angel to instantly transmute?

Hmm... Now my biggest problem is how Natsumi plans to respond to Alex's gassing move. Do you think she'll get away from it or...?

Migue79 said:
Ah, so Natsumi has to summon her Angel to instantly transmute?

Hmm... Now my biggest problem is how Natsumi plans to respond to Alex's gassing move. Do you think she'll get away from it or...?
So it appears that the Transmutation is neither thought-based nor even an actual instantaneous process... And it seems to require Natsumi's angel, Haniel, as well...

Have I been lied to? :U

I guess so. Alex still can't resist it, though. But that doesn't really matter because at that distance (10m), she transmutes but the gas gets to her. She dies and the transmutation undoes itself making this a stomp for Alex now.

Might have to change the starting distance again...

Migue79 said:
Might have to change the starting distance again...
One problem though:

Natsumi's Transmutation range is 2 kilometer. If we use the SBA starting distance, it would be 4 kilometer starting distance. That would mean Mercer would get outranged and then gets affected.

I'm pretty sure we have no way to balance this out when this scenario seems to depend on range a lot, so the starting distance of 10 meters seems to be as balanced as it could be for both of these characters.

Also, having a faster and/or more convenient win condition compared to the other character doesn't make it a stomp, so this should be fine anyways.

Weaknesses: If she loses concentration or becomes unconscious, all that had been transformed will return to their original state.

Schnee One said:
Wait why would it undo itself?
Her transmutation gets undone if she either lose concentration or if she gets knocked into unconsciousness, which are weaknesses listed in her profile.

However, in this case, she would get turned into a mindless infected or dies gruesomely once she gets infected (such as by the viral gasses). I'm pretty sure the criteria of "losing concentration" is already achieved once the infection turns her into a mindless infected or turns her into viral biomass.

Well then

If this is the case then can she transmute gasses?

If not, 4KM might be enough to spread the gasses around.

Schnee One said:
Well then

If this is the case then can she transmute gasses?

If not, 4KM might be enough to spread the gasses around.
DeathNoodles said:
So, has she shown to transmute gaseous matter too? It would be nice to know if she has showings of being able to do that (because gasses can be very wide and amorphous, and could also separate from each other, so I'm not sure if she would just transmute parts of the gasses or if she does it to the entire thing).

While Mercer probably wouldn't be able to gas once he is stuck being transmuted into something else, he could at least unleash his gasses before or right when the transmutation occurs (which should be in—character for him to do as gassing is pretty much his leading move against non-infected enemies).
That's a question I've had that hasn't been answered yet.

So at the moment this may be a mismatch, depending on range mercer either wins due to gasses killing natsumi after she transmutes or if she's outside the range of the gas she simply transmutes and mercer cant really respond. At current range Id give it to mercer.

Migue79 said:
200 hundred meters? Que?
That range came from the gasses covering the entirety of Penn Station the moment it was released, and that's not even counting the progressive spreading it does due to the infection.

At SBA distance Mercer might have time to release enough gas to where it can spread to Natsumi and she can at least minorly breathe some in

He doesn't need to kill her before he's transmuted, just make sure that the gasses will reach her.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Google tradutor é uma merda, n confie muito nele :p
Este men. No hablamos el mismo idioma, pero concordamos que Google Translate es una mierda. xD

GOOGLE TRANSLATE GOT ME THROUGH SPANISH! AND FRENCH! I TRUSTED HIM, HE WAS FAMILY!!!!!

At the moment Im leaning on mercer natsumi has no knowledge of what the gas is nor how dangerous it is, any of it touching her is death while she has the range advatage if they start four meters apart alex creates some evolved and spreads the gas. the evolved while not a big issue for her are still a further distraction from the threat of gass...

Schnee One said:
At SBA distance Mercer might have time to release enough gas to where it can spread to Natsumi and she can at least minorly breathe some in

He doesn't need to kill her before he's transmuted, just make sure that the gasses will reach her.
Doesn't she have Teleportation and Dimensional Travel though?

While I'm not sure how in-character it is for her to use those abilities (especially Dimensional Travel to travel through dimensions), or if she would even have any awareness about how dangerous those gasses is, but they are two of the abilities she has in her profile at least.

@Death Pretty sure The Causality answered all that for you. Read up.

Migue79 said:
...I'm a bit tired right now and it's nearing midnight on my end, so I can't be bothered reading through it again. Can you please highlight Causality's answers for me?

Shes never used bfr in character before at least not as a first move from what i can tell she hasn't used it in repsponse to a gaseous attack so basically if the gas gets to close she's not liable to escape atleast thats what i could gather from causalities answers and natsumis profile

DeathNoodles said:
Migue79 said:
...I'm a bit tired right now and it's nearing midnight on my end, so I can't be bothered reading through it again. Can you please highlight Causality's answers for me?
... Really?

Ok, well. He said that while BFR are in-character, she doesn't lead with that (and she needs a mirror to do that IIRC).

Teleportation wasn't actually addressed. So, IDK about that one.

From what I'm remember, her teleportation is just to teleport herself in her mirror world, Haniel just bright and she disappears, that's pretty useful in a fight

About BFR, yeah it's not in character in a fight since she always use transmutation, but if it won't work she will probably use it, the mirror is a part of Haniel tho.

Back