• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer vs Composite Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does OHK work? Alex isn't alive or dead. Also, what level of regen can hexing rod work against?

He realizes she limits his physical strikes 99 different ways, so he attacks with the intent to infect. Then he hits the gas >:)

Lethality more or less works like this

Anna uses an attack when activating Lethality, person gets hit, person's health goes to 0 no matter the damage she was going to deal originally (just speaking in gameplay terms)

Hexing Rod, in gameplay (there needs to be an in-story explanation for these things) reduces max health to half, which also prevents healing past that point

Also, how long will it take for him to realize this?

Anna should take this via higher AP, OHK, BFR, numerous ways to reduce his stats, and many skills to save her from certain death.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Lethality more or less works like this

Anna uses an attack when activating Lethality, person gets hit, person's health goes to 0 no matter the damage she was going to deal originally (just speaking in gameplay terms)

Hexing Rod, in gameplay (there needs to be an in-story explanation for these things) reduces max health to half, which also prevents healing past that point

Also, how long will it take for him to realize this?
Wait so as long as lethality can hurt someone it'll kill them?

How does it kill if I may ask? Apparently unless said OHKO works on souls or the like regen can cover it

In gameplay, it doesn't care if your attack was going to deal damage or not

But to avoid NLF, I'll go with "OHK upon damage", which Anna can definitely do

JustSomeWeirdo said:
In gameplay, it doesn't care if your attack was going to deal damage or not

But to avoid NLF, I'll go with "OHK upon damage", which Anna can definitely do
Yeah seems safe then, Anna fra

Voting Anna.

Alex aint killing her in CQC and needs to infect her. Anna on the other hand oneshots him with every attack, slows his regen down with hex road, put him down via lethality or worst case bfr him. Anna low diff.

Theglassman12 said:
@JSW I was talking about sacred stones.
I mean, Lethality isn't in SS (Unless we consider Silencer = Lethality, which they're basically the same thing, being OHK skills and being learned by the Assassin class, and even working the same way in PoR/RD iirc)

I'd honestly consider them both the same technique under a different name

Well it only took him once instance to realize he couldn't kill Heller so easily, so he immediately switched his plans to take him out by any means and making him suffer.

Though looking at the FE wiki, it has a low activation rate (like 25%), even if she gets to land the technique she's in infection range.

Also "In Awakening and Fates, if the user battles an enemy with Dragonskin, the skill is disabled". I also read it negates counter. Counter only reflects non-lethal damage from what I see, and hexing rod has a 50% chance of landing.

It also says warp/teleportation only works on allies, and the outerworld/dragon's gate are places. o.o

I think Alex has a chance via infection. He has ways of avoiding physical attacks with speed equal.

@First

He infects via every form of transmission (Air, touch, contamination, etc)

Alright, gotcha. I still vote Anna then. I dont know how out of character that would be, but Anna could just spam summons, realise that Alex is doing naughty stuff with them and then goes for sleep and bfr. Considering her main task in the games...

@glass not sure if that wouldnt be NLF, considering that those Staffes never cured a highly complex and modern virus before.

What staff does she have that's going to stop her from writhing in pain and being dead within seconds?

The restore staff, also she has miracle and other skills to prevent her from dying right off the bat.

Pretty sure those only regard physical strikes. How do you lessen the damage of a biological attack? o.o

It took him 2 seconds (going by video time) to do this

And then it contaminates everything it touches, gets carried by the wind, etc.

So 2 seconds to fill a room of pretty decent size

Well, the only things I have against that are: Wind Magic, and maybe Sleep Staff getting to Mercer before he diseases

And I don't want to assume that Anna would just know "Hey, maybe the wind can carry it away"

I assume Mercer is going to use it pretty much immediately?

If physical strikes aren't cutting it, then yeah, he'll go to infect. There's this too ovo

@Grass

"Allows the unit to survive with 1 HP when attacked with a fatal strike."

I don't think a virus meets these standards

I mean

Physical strikes aren't entirely useless here

Just not a good option (Dragonskin, Counter, a bunch of Regenerationn skills, potential healers summoned, potential Replicate also regenerating and healing Anna and using Live to Serve, Teleportation, Flight)

Unite My Rice said:
Though looking at the FE wiki, it has a low activation rate (like 25%), even if she gets to land the technique she's in infection range.

Also "In Awakening and Fates, if the user battles an enemy with Dragonskin, the skill is disabled". I also read it negates counter. Counter only reflects non-lethal damage from what I see, and hexing rod has a 50% chance of landing.

It also says warp/teleportation only works on allies, and the outerworld/dragon's gate are places. o.o
Activation rates and hit rates are both gameplay mechanics and are disregarding influence of skills and the units stats (Which, of course, are also gameplay mechanics), with skills such as Rightful God and Quixotic also being in play, the chance of a skill such as Lethality activating is much higher

Also, according to here, this is how the Gate BFR works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back