• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alduin Power Addition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can ask Matthew Schroeder and Ultima Reality to comment here.

Not sure if Alduin devouring the Earthbones counts as Law Manipulation, since he isn't "manipulating" anything per se.

Low 2-C is a safe bet for Alduin. I mean you could add one more rank for him (2-C), it is still justifiable with the Earthbones argument thinggy.

I personally believe that the next expansion in Elsweyr would suddenly give Alduin a huge boost like we could encounter a similar dragon doing multiversal *****, while he or she is still below Alduin The End of Time.

Alduin Power Addition is always up on the table.

So has this suggestion been rejected then?

Shor is not the same strength as Lorkhan so

Also eating the earth bones isn't law manip

He isn't manipulating anything he's just eating reality

Regardless, Alduin is eating the rules that define reality. Even if it isn't technically Law Manipulation outright, wouldn't he still be able to absorb and devour laws and rules that could define a space?

That should count for something, somehow.

Shor is an echo of Lorkhan brought about by the nords belief

An echo, an aspect

Not the full strength Lorkhan

It also wouldn't make sense for Shor to be the same as Lorkhan considering he wasn't killed again by the other et'ada and if he had the full strength of Lorkhan he would have likely killed alduin the first time they fought

Yes, where is that stated, because there is also many statements of them being one in the same LOL.

ech┬Ào

Dictionary result for echo
/╦êekō/

nou

1. 1.
a sound or series of sounds caused by the reflection of sound waves from a surface back to the listener.

"the walls threw back the echoes of his footsteps"

synonyms: reverberation, reverberating, reflection, resounding, ringing, repetition, repeat, reiteration, answer
"the hills sent back a faint echo of my shout"
  1. 2.
a close parallel or repetition of an idea, feeling, style, or event.

"his love for her found an echo i her own feelings"

synonyms: duplicate, copy, replica, facsimile, reproduction, imitation, exact/close likeness, mirror image, twin, double, clone, match, mate, fellow, counterpart, parallel; More
    • {|
| | |}

verb

1. 1.
(of a sound) be repeated or reverberate after the original sound has stopped.

"their footsteps echoed on the metal catwalks"

• {|
| | |}

• {|
| | |}

1. 2.
(of an object, movement, or event) be reminiscent of or have shared characteristics with.

That's not how scaling works, Alduin would just scale to Lorkhan, I've been arguing this for ages.

If alduin scaled to Lorkhan there would be a 0% chance of him having lost to either the nords heroes or the Dovahkiin

Unless you want to scale them to Lorkhan too

I don't think you know how many people scale to the heroes and post alduin dovahkiin but ok bud

Okay so, I am just copy-pasting an explanation of my two cents on this matter I wrote in r/teslore, so it doesn't line up 100% with what you're saying (Since I wrote it with a focus on the Aka-Tusk), but it should hammer the point across, nonetheless.

I generally agree with the notion of all Dragon Gods being shards of a greater entity (The AKA Oversoul, as described in Eat the Dreamer), however I disagree with the Aka-Tusk being said greater entity, mainly because of Michael Kirkbride's comment on it being an individual, but very primal and important Aspect of the Dragon God from the days of the Ehlnofey. This, in turn, leads to my proposal of it being a composite of Akatosh and Auri-El, before the Maruhkati Selective divided both of them through the Middle Dawn (Assuming they even succeeded), since the "Days of the Ehlnofey" most likely refers to the Dawn Era, where there was no difference between Men and Mer, and all Spirits were effectively the same in divinity.

Now, as I see it, Alduin doesn't necessarily have to the First Aspect that was born from the AKA Oversoul, especially taking in account Kirkbride's statement up above, where he answers the question of whether Alduin was always an aspect of Aka or not by saying that the Et'Ada / Akaspirits as a whole are Quantum Figures which exist in all possible aspects and wear all possible faces simultaneously, with these aspects eventually shedding away from the main entity and gaining self-awareness through the Mythopoeia and Observation of Mortals (He states the same thing in the Fireside Chats btw, so it's not something he came up with on the fly and will never mention again)

Now as I see it, based on the statements posted above (Kirkbride's comments related to Alduin, as well as the Aka-Tusk stating that Alduin was shed off of itself by some unknown force it identifies as the "Heavens"), in the beginning, the battle of Alduin and Shor didn't really happen between individual Gods with self-awareness of their own, but was more like how the battle between the Aka-Tusk and Lorkhan was remembered by the Nords, due to the ever-fractured and non-linear nature of the Dawn Era (which effectively validifies all versions of the Creation Myth of the Aurbis according to Nu-Mantia Intercept), and thus, "Shor and Alduin" were basically just other names for these two beings (Lorkhan and the Aka-Tusk). However due to the sheer cultural fragmentation suffered by the Nordic Mythology (Also Known As the fact that the Religion of the Nords is a mythical clusterfuck), these names were retroactively broken off of the main entities, and became Shard-Beings with faces and self-awareness on their own, perfectly reflecting how the Nords perceived the Dragon God of Time and the Missing God of Change.

Considering he only destroys the earth bones by destroying nirn kinda like a side effect idk if that really counts for a power

I thought he ate the Earth-Bones specifically? Anyway wouldn't this just be a type of resistance to Law Manipulation? If a being uses Law Manipulation, Alduin eats said Law.

If not specifically he could destroy the Law by destroying the universe in which the Law functions.

What EmperorRorepme stated is more or less my line of thinking. If someone were to use Law Manipulation on him in combat, he would be able to devour and counter that ability specifically.

@Ultima & Matthew

Do we need to do any edits here, or can we close this?

I'd say so

He survives after the earth bones are gone so he most likely is unaffected by them being removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back