• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alduin and Dova little addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this little addition has to do with alduing having immortality type 8 per the description of abstract existence type 2: "Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it."

And the addition for the dova is just to add to his immortality negation the type 8 as he was able to destroy alduin thus destroying the concept of "the end of times/end of the world"

As matt has said before in another thread "the dova made the literall end of time punchable and killable"

Edit: also i notice that the dova does not have desintegration even tho he gained it via the thu-um in the last dragonborn DLC to be more spesific is the fus ro da shout and underwater breathing type 2

I agree. I also want to say that the Dovahkiin's first key speed should be upgraded, since Grundvik Cold-Fist was capable of blocking and dodging a Wamasu's lightning strikes, and this should obviously scale to the Dovahkiin.

Waria Kambang said:
I agree. I also want to say that the Dovahkiin's first key speed should be upgraded, since Grundvik Cold-Fist was capable of blocking and dodging a Wamasu's lightning strikes, and this should obviously scale to the Dovahkiin.
also it just came to my mind but shouldn't the prisoners also have type 8 or something similar because of their concept and nature as prisoners? tho maybe i am wrong on this one

Also yea if dova scales above cold fist he should get that upgrade

This seems fine, but you should ask Matthew Schroeder and Ultima Reality to comment here.

I am not real expert on this part of verse but the proposal look fine, so far; I am openmined toward new points.

I think it's straightforward giving type 8 immortality to Alduin .

I don't agree with Dovahkiin have a negation of it because he negates Abstract Existence so Alduin lose the reason for having immortality type 8.

Mindovin said:
I think it's straightforward giving type 8 immortality to Alduin .

I don't agree with Dovahkiin have a negation of it because he negates Abstract Existence so Alduin lose the reason for having immortality type 8.
I see; we could just add to Dovahkiin's power nullification justification that that he can negate Abstract Existence (type 2). I don't mind type 8 immortality to Alduin's profile.

My bad; the format for the justification was different from what I usually see in other profiles so I didn't notice on The Dovahkiin's case.

Waria Kambang said:
What about the Dovahkiin's first key speed? I think it's also rather straightforward
IIRC, he was wearing a ring that directed the lightning into his weapon. And he was only able to dodge the lightning strike because the wamasu already showed his enemy that it's about to attack.

TrueBK98 said:
Waria Kambang said:
What about the Dovahkiin's first key speed? I think it's also rather straightforward
IIRC, he was wearing a ring that directed the lightning into his weapon. And he was only able to dodge the lightning strike because the wamasu already showed his enemy that it's about to attack.
Still, he should have his attack speed upgraded since the Dovahkiin can learn shock spells which has been stated to move as fast as a natural lightning.

Has anybody asked Matthew and Ultima yet?

Okay. If they do not reply soon, I suppose that this seems to have been accepted.

I do not remember the game well enough to accept that. Sorry.

Magical lightning in TES is natural lightning:

"Shock, like Flame and Frost, is an expression of magical power that takes the form of a natural force. Everyone has played with this force when one was a ja'khajiit, scuffing one's feet across a rug and then stinging a sibling with a small spark from an extended claw, or rubbing an inflated rat's-bladder against one's fur until the hairs stand up and the bladder "sticks" to one's chest or arm." - Mora'at's Theory of Lightning

Dunmer Dovahkiin start with a novice-level Sparks spell, which is, again, natural lightning.

"In addition to Flames, Dunmer start with the spell Sparks." - UESP

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dunmer

And you can get shock spells such as Chain Lightning and Thunderbolt from the start of the game, all you need is a high enough destruction skill.

"Also, adept- and expert-level spell tomes only appear in the mage's merchandise when your magic skill is high enough (40 for Adept and 65 for Expert spells)." - UESP

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Spells\

Considering that the Dovahkiin is a quantum-being who walks through all paths, it's not a stretch to say that he/she did learn these shock spells during their early adventures. Based on these evidences, I would say that it is reasonable to upgrade the Dovahkiin's combat speed.

I think both of Dovahkiin's combat speed and reaction speed would agree since Dovahkiin can also dodge Spark spell in early game.

Elizhaa said:
I think both of Dovahkiin's combat speed and reaction speed would agree since Dovahkiin can also dodge Spark spell in early game.
I think so too, not to mention that the Dovahkiin had fought a dragon who should scale far above your average novice mage who can use sparks and a Wamasu.

Hmm, you should ask Matt or Ulti about this. The current profile has his Early Game at At least Supersonic, the At least seems to me that they were uncertain if he can scale to powerful mages. Unlike his Mid Game which actually have concrete feats for the scaling.

That is true. Feel free to ask them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back