• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, Akira has shown the ability to defy fate which is sorta an acasual feat. However, its not really impressive compared to other acasuals. So, he might have some resistance to casualty manipulation but not enough to fully resist it I think.

Akira stomps GE, although if we're using GER im gonna have to side with him untill Akira is shown to be acasual or immune to causility manipulation. Should probably play the game myself though, from what ive been told it's up there.

It depends, does Akira have full access to all of his personas?

If so, then Akira can just use a persona thats Nulls, Repels, or Absorbs physical damage to be negate GER barrage.

Also, GER willpower manipulation won't work on Akira, since he has skills such as "Unshaken Will" as well as a few accessories that makes him immune to those kinds of abilities.

The only move I'm worried about is GER causality manipulation. Akira does have some minor fate resistance which is somewhat similar to acasualty, but I'm not sure if its enough.

Anyways Akira beats GE.

Against GER, I'd say Akira High difficulty or inconclusive

Unless those are passive it probably wouldnt matter, then theres the whole GER could potentially null that too regardless. The problem here is the causility, unless Akira can overcome that theres no way hes winning, best is inconclusive as even his abilities could be potentially shut down.

All the skills I mentioned earlier are passives, yes. Because of this, GER can't nullify them since his ability only works on actions.

I agree that the problem here is GER casualty. The thing is however, regardless of whether or not Akira can overcome GER casualty, GER can't kill Akira due to his passives.

Basically, the fight would end with Akira's victory or remain inconclusive.

Well does Akira have to summon said Persona to activate any of their abilities or does he have that regardless? Then there's the fact about speed, GER could potentially blitz, I say potentially because the speed listed still doesnt have a solid rating, is it infinite? Immeasurable? Simply MFTL? Dont know, that should probably get a better look at honestly. Also GER can manip someone else's will to fight altogether on top of that. But anyway, really need to get a saying on Akira and causility since if he does he'd stomp but uf not, gotta go with GER.

If by summon you mean Akira's personas appearing right next to him, then it depends on the ability. If Akira wants to use a certain attack, then he would have to physical summon the persona. On the other hand, if Akira wants to inherit their passives, then no he doesn't need to summon them so long as he has that particular persona equipped. For example, Satanael has the passive skill "Unshaken Will" which makes him immune to Mental Ailments which includes Willpower manipulation. Since its only a passive and not an attack, Akira would benefit from this regardless if Satanael appears so long as does not switch out for a different persona. However if Akira wants to use a skill such as "Cosmic Flare", then yes he would need to summon him.

Also GER cannot blitz Akira even though he has infinite speed, since some of Akira's personas make him immune to physical attacks. If Akira uses a persona with Repel Phys or counter, it would just reflect GER infinite barrage back at him, killing him instead.

How would it be able to reflect back damage if it's being blitz? I guess if it reflects back danage afterwards but if it has to trigger GER could likely set it triggering to zero? And will power manip comes from causility manip not actual will power manip. And besides GER can set harm done to Giorno to zero, Giorno had a caved in skull with blood spray (and a hole in his chest but I'll ignore tgat as tgat was from the arrow) and everything, GER comes out and he's fine, not a single injury on him. As it us uunless Akira is acasual or something akin to it any action he takes will be reduced to zero, so throw out any ability that requires taking an action or switching Personas, so I guess pick one Persona for him to start off with+his base skills and go from there.

If we're going by in-game skills, Joker can't use things like Unshaken Will to defend against the zero revert since it's not really a psychological ailment (like Despair, Charm, etc).

For example, Diavolo wasn't mentally broken after having his time skip erased, rather he was more confused as to why nothing happened which left him open to the punch barrage. And when he's experiencing his death loops, he's fully aware and lucid for the first three deaths we see, then it cuts to much later as he's become crazy (shouting at the little girl to STAY AWAY FROM MEEEEEEE and whatnot).

I may be wrong but having played P5, I believe Joker's fate resistance is solely due to the specific cognition of the merged world at that point, with the people of Tokyo seeing the final battle and cheering them on Spirit Bomb-style. In a random one-on-one fight, he doesn't have that ace to fall back on.

As for Joker's physical resistances, you'll note that GER has "no" attack power in its stats sheet. That's because its attacks bypass durability and the idea that it has to "kill" its target is a misconception; it only has to touch you to activate the loops (hey, just like Over Heaven!), the Muda blitz was just for style. And of course, the zero revert can trigger from any distance if the intended attack is predicted to harm Giorno.

There's also the option of laming it out in ways never thought possible, as Giorno covers himself completely with invincible damage-reflecting life barriers and sits there reverting every possible intangible attack until Joker goes away.

Johnny Joestar & TUSK said:
I may be wrong but having played P5, I believe Joker's fate resistance is solely due to the specific cognition of the merged world at that point, with the people of Tokyo seeing the final battle and cheering them on Spirit Bomb-style. In a random one-on-one fight, he doesn't have that ace to fall back on.
Well both yes and no

If you've been listening to Lavenza's voice throughout the game. It was often foreshadowed that Akira was destined to die from a misarable death after a failed attempt to reform society from corruption.

Yet he managed to defy his fate from happening...

That and, among other things, Chihaya (the fortune teller) actively witnesses Joker give advice to some of her clients that ends up working out for them, yeah. That's a very broad, almost unquantifiable thing more approaching protagonist luck than anything else though (like Jotaro randomly learning to stop time vs Dio because "they're the same type!" when no Stand in the whole series was ever shown to work under those Taskmaster-style principles).

@Johnny

Funny enough that I was originally gonna bring up Chihaya, but I wanted to focus on the important detail without giving away too much to those that have yet to play the game lol

I don't think the feat nessarily has to be quantified in order for the feat to be legit especially if it happens more then once. That's like saying characters resisting or immune to certain haxes are unquantifible.

Now if we were to try and calc it's combat speed and reaction time then that is a whole another story.

Wouldn't this just be inconclusive? I mean any actions Akira or his Personas do reset to zero but GER can't kill End-Game Akira so they're stuck in a stalemate right?

Because it doesn't have the destructive capability required to kill Akira thus GER also can't do the death loop? I'm not to sure about this so don't quote me on it and feel free to correct me.

Has Akira himself done / showed any durability feats that put him above High 8-C? ( Not his personas just himself.) Hax should still be able to work on Akira ( Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Akira takes and deals hits to/from the same enemies as his personas. I'm not voting one way or the other just thought I'd clear that up.

Back