• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Blaziken has a solid range advantage, along with both passive and regular speed amps that'll let Blaziken blitz Akainu in a fairly short time. Blaziken should take this

Yep, totally agree with the assessment seen above. Blaziken should take this.

(Also was never specified that Blaziken doesn't just take on his Mega form since it's High 6-C as well, which would bring even more pain btw)

GyroNutz said:
Blaziken has a solid range advantage, along with both passive and regular speed amps that'll let Blaziken blitz Akainu in a fairly short time. Blaziken should take this
I counted your vote, but tell me how Blaziken will counter Akainu's elemental intangibility? Also, if the Blazikien makes contact with his body he will probably be melted by the magma.

Pokemon deal with full on intangibility through ghost types not too infrequently.

Also Blaziken resists magma

GyroNutz said:
Pokemon deal with full on intangibility through ghost types not too infrequently.
Also Blaziken resists magma
This is pretty dubious, ghost types are only intangible against physical blows (Type fighter). Can you show me that resistance? Because the magma of Akainu is naturally superior to common fire.

I mean, certain Pokemon such as Magmortor or Magcargo are literally made of magma, and many different Pokemon are able to withstand being in contact with magma and lava.

(For reference, note that Fire type Pokemon can walk on lava tiles in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon franchise or even Pokemon Conquest.)

Rei Rubro said:
This is pretty dubious, ghost types are only intangible against physical blows (Type fighter).
It's hardly dubious. Ghost types like Dusknoir can go through solid walls, and can still be hit with most of Blaziken's moves naturally. In fact, Slugma is literally made of magma and can still be interacted with by all of Blaziken's moves.

Blaziken boosts his stats until Akainu can't touch him anymore but Akainu just regenerates his logia body over and over again since Blaziken can't touch his real body. Voting inconclusive.

Akainu can actually regenerate and shape-shift to avoid taking damage. His magma is extremely hot as he vaporized a steel sword just by being near it. Also the pokemon is gonna need to put him out quickly since he can fight for a week.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
His magma is extremely hot as he vaporized a steel sword just by being near it.
And yet Magcargo is 20,000 degrees Farenheit, and Blaziken can interact with it just fine.

Also, you're asking for Blaziken to take him out fast when one of the main points for the fight is his impressive speed amp capabilities?

Speed Amp wouldn't be enough to actually KO Akainu considering he can take an all out attack from Whitebeard and still get up. And fought Kuzan for a week without stopping. Furthermore his intang and regen are passive so Blaziken is gonna have issues bypassing that.

18,000 degrees of Magcargo, Magma Storm is a move, Eruption is a move, Lava Plume is a move, and even some ice types (Regice) can canonically bathe in lava without worry. Lava isn't anything out of the ordinary in Pokemon.

Also elemental intangibility based on lava kinda sucks. While it can flow and move, it is pretty hard for a liquid. As such powerful blows will send large amounts of it flying away, slowly dispersing the target' she available lava.

Blaziken wins this imo.

I mean Magma is just superheated rock and can Ben consdered a subset of Fire manipulation, which they already have listed as a resistance.

Blowing away his magma won't really do much since he can always create more of it instantly. Plus Akainu's magma is much hotter than normal magma, he's vaporized steel just by being near it, bypassed the heat resistance of Ace and Whitebeard and even throwing that out he still has stupid regen, good cqc, Haki and meme endurance and stamina.

Also he can't refill his body with Magma indefiniately. As Magma get beaten out of him he will run out eventually. Unless he has the ability to make infinite matter, which I'd need a scan of, he would get widdled down by attacks.

5183.6 F for iron. Steel doesn't have a given value, but it is probably in the 5000s, since most metals seem to go at those temperatures.

Blaziken because Akainu killed Ace owo I wish I was joking.

By the way, is there a way to get the freezing point of diamonds? Because Kuzan can freeze them and Akainu can evaporate his ice.

So, yeah, Blaziken will more than likely be able to push through and dodge Akainu's initial magma attacks and even passively speed amp. Then, it'll blitz him and punch his magma away faster than it can regenerate. Endurance doesn't mean much if there's not enough of him to put up a decent fight before Blaziken kicks it away.

The freezing and melting points of something are the same temperature, so the freezing point of a diamond's gonna be high. More likely than not, he coated the diamond in ice.

Gonna have to go Blaziken fra right now.

Back