• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword Princess vs Forest Musicia

Aiz is adventuring with her Guild in the Dungeon. After reaching Level 45, a portal suddenly opens beneath Aiz and she gets sucked in before she can react. She lands in a large forest at night. A single wooden cabin is standing among the tall trees. Aiz senses someone inside, someone powerful. The door to the cabin opens, from which comes a beautiful woman in a green outfit, vines and large flowers wrapping around her body. Momentarily surprised, Aiz draws her sword.

"Who are you?" she asks, "Are you the one who brought me here?"

"It is indeed I who summoned you. I am in search for strong opponents, and this city's magical girls barely work as an appetizer. Thank you, Fav."

A small black-and-white oval-shaped creature appears from behind her, bouncing in the air.

"You are welcome, Master. I had to pull many strings to bring someone from another dimension. I hope this fight satisfies you," says the mascot character, before disappearing.

"I am the Forest Musician, Cranberry. I take delight in fighting powerful opponents. Come at me. If you win, Fav will take you back. Just tell me your name."

"...Seems I have no choice. My name is Aiz Wallenstein. I am ready!"

Speed Equalized
No knowledge of the other
They start 10 meters from each other
Win by Death
Regular personalities are in effect

Who wins?

Aiz: 3 (Reppuzan, Blanked, Kaltias)

Cranberry: 7 (Gojira1234, A6colute, ArbitraryNumbers, Elione-Arisu, Monarch Laciel, TISSG7Redgrave, ALRF)

Inconclusive:

Ais Wallenstein2

MGRP - Cranberry 1

I'll be honest I don't know much about either character. However I'm gonna go with Cranberry. She seems to have more impressive feats, including killing La Pucelle, who seems similar to Aiz. So my vote goes to Cranberry.

What's the context behind Cranberry's "Wind Force immunity", which is a blatant NLF and has no explanation whatsoever.

Aiz is a ridiculously skilled swordswoman and seems to have a massive mobility advantage over Cranberry. In addition, Aiz is much more experienced than Cranberry.

Every magical girl in Raising Project has wind force immunity. What it means is that, no matter how fast they move or fight (or fly for some of them), they will not be hindered or slowed by wind force. So, if she was to fight on top of a huge skyscraper with very strong winds, it wouldn't affect her at all.

That's not an immunity, that's just resistance to being blown back by air resistance.

Does it work on direct air attacks?

Aiz is much more experienced than Cranberry.

No, she is not. Cranberry has tens of years of death battles with strongest opponents.

@A6colute

I highly doubt that.

Even if Cranberry has fought magical girls for decades, Aiz is considered on par with Adventurers who are in their forties in terms of overall combat experience.

In addition, Aiz has better feats of actually demolishing numerous building level opponents on her own, has a massive mobility advantage, can shield herself from Cranberry's attacks by manipulating the wind.

Furthermore, there is a skill that was recently released about Aiz that allow her to cause her target to explode with a touch of her sword.

Also, since Cranberry's descriptions are ripped off the Magical Girl Raising Project Wiki (which I'm frankly not surprised about), what about her attacks ignores durability? Anything will shatter with a sufficiently powerful sound wave, but that doesn't mean it ignores durability.

what about her attacks ignores durability? Anything will shatter with a sufficiently powerful sound wave, but that doesn't mean it ignores durability.

She can attack internal organs due her sound waves. For example she heavily damaged a character, who can endure nuclear blasts.

Aiz is considered on par with Adventurers who are in their forties in terms of overall combat experience.

And? Cranberry also on par with Magical Girls who have hundreds years of combat experience. It's not an argument.

has a massive mobility advantage

Because?

can shield herself from Cranberry's attacks by manipulating the wind.

Against sound waves? Lol.

Furthermore, there is a skill that was recently released about Aiz that allow her to cause her target to explode with a touch of her sword.

If she touch Cranberry - she will die.

1) Which character? And why isn't this on her profile?

Mao Pam. This is in her profile.

2) And this isn't on her profile why?

I'm not an author of her profile.

3) Ariel gives Aiz pseudo-flight by manipulating the wind, allowing her to strike from virtually any angle.

How this allows her to strike from any angle?

4) Care to explain why this wouldn't work instead of just typing "lol"?

Sound waves can easily go through an air. You really don't understand this?

5) Bullshit. Tama scratched Cranberry and was just fine afterward.

Cranberry wasn't ready for this attack. When she is ready, she just using sound waves when enemy touches her.

1) It isn't in her intelligence section.

2) She can ride the wind to attack from above, at ground level, from the side e.t.c.

3) It can shield her from massive AoE attacks caused by slashing the ground, releasing a massive outpouring of sound and wind.

4) It wouldn't matter anyways. Aiz's sword is indestructible by nature. If Cranberry tries to shatter it she'll just get skewered.

2) She can ride the wind to attack from above, at ground level, from the side e.t.c.

Many Magical Girls can use true flight (not just pseudo-flight). Cranberry doesn't have any problem in fights with them.

3) It can shield her from massive AoE attacks caused by slashing the ground, releasing a massive outpouring of sound and wind.

How a wind can defend her from sound waves?

Aiz's sword is indestructible by nature.

Aiz's body is indestructible also? Sound waves just will go through her sword to her body.

1) Which is again, not on her profile. Isn't it your job to monitor verses you know about?

2) This.

3) Not before Cranberry gets skewered and dies first. The idea that Cranberry can insta-kill anyone she touches is not on her profile either, and that's also ignoring Aiz's own insta-kill skill.

Not seeing any insta-killing here.

She likes to play with weak enemies. Again, she heavily damaged Mao Pam by just one touch.

1) Which is again, not on her profile. Isn't it your job to monitor verses you know about?

Lolwhat? Write in her profile something like that - "she can fight with flying enemies"? Seriously?

2) This.

I don't see there an attack based on using sound waves.

and that's also ignoring Aiz's own insta-kill skill.

but has avoided using as much as possible

@A6colute

If she's going to play with Aiz, then Aiz skewers her first and chops her into ribbons because she does not mess around.

You can at least list that she's fought all kinds of magical girls before, including the ones that could fly.

And since this fight is to the death, there's no reason for Aiz not to use it. In addition, what defense does Cranberry have against being cut into ribbons by Aiz's wind?

You can at least list that she's fought all kinds of magical girls before, including the ones that could fly.

There is in the feats section.

If she's going to play with Aiz, then Aiz skewers her first and chops her into ribbons because she does not mess around.

If this is a death match, then Cranberry has no reasons to play with an enemy.

In addition, what defense does Cranberry have against being cut into ribbons by Aiz's wind?

Her body's durability, for example. Cranberry survived after Mao Pam's attacks. Just for information - Mao Pam stronger than Pure Elements, who can destroy a large city by one attack.

This got quite wild.

Aiz seems to have her unamed skill in terms of OHKO, but it's stated she rarely ever uses it, unless absolutely necessary; it is very strong, though. Cranberry, in a way, has an OHKO attack: her own sound waves, either by themselves or applied on her palm strikes. She killed Minael is 1 hit, and rendered Swim Swim unconscious in 1 hit through magical sound waves. She also has the highest stats among all Arc 1 magical girls. They also both have some form of durability negation.

Aiz is reckless during fights, while Cranberry is playful if she doesn't find her opponent strong enough. With the case of fighting Aiz, it's unlikely she'd keep her playful figthing style. Both are smart, and very adaptable to situations. After all, Aiz probably has around a decade of experience, and while Cranberry's age/amount of participations isn't explicitly stated, we know she has participated in several of them, all of which are deathmatches and she always survives.

Why isn't this and that on her profile? Well, I didn't deem it necessary to have everything related to Cranberry explicitely stated on her profile. After all, this isn't an "Extensive Character Description Wiki"; and besides, match-ups are a perfect place to talk in more details about the abilities of the characters, like you did with Aiz. Aiz also had no mention of Durability Negation or OHKO moves until yesterday when you edited it. I get your arguments about proper full listing of abilities, but the fact that you edited Aiz during the matchup to add precision and details on her profile just proves that matchups are a good place to point out "Why this? Why that?" and further develop the profiles of the combattants with details you'd originally have thought to not be relevant/important enough to feature. Guess time for me to edit a bit on Cranberry, too.

Also, I have only watched the anime/read the 1st Volume of the LN. I'm following the official release of the LN, so I'm not yet aware of most further details in Vol.4 and Vol.9.5 that focus on Arc 1 characters. A6solute seems to know better in that department.

I'd say probably Cranberry? She seems to have better durability negation and her resistance to air resistance would probably allow her to get through Aiz's wind attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back