• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fair I suppose though Im going to have to look that crt over (I still can't believe we consider the orbs of all things cannon...but Im not willing to argue that point), fact remains ainz thinking death is faster then dante activating devil trigger and pulling out his guns to shoot. Ainz res will also restore him post atomization.

IIRC [Holy Smite] was described in that way, so I don't see it working based on that, then again this was not added on Ainz profile so it can't really be applied on this match.

The pen or the sword said:
Yeah holy smite iirc reduced the victims to sightless atoms and ainz no sells it...Should probably bring that up in general discussion...
not a case of atomization hax, more atomizing through sheer AP/power

remember, this was a tier 7 spell in a world where tier 3 is impressive

Fair, either way not sure it matters in this fight I still think ainz is liable to get off his two death hax before dante can amp and kill him twice. Ainz will always kill dante first as he has thought based death hax that dante can't dodge, from their its a matter of if dante can double kill ainz before ainz thinks true death and more often then not I see ainz pulling it off.

does Dante need to be using/holding the Sword of Sparda to have resistance to Time Stop?

cause if does, and he's gonna have Ebony and Ivory out at the start, he might end up being Time Stopped

Hax would be not calculable, ie, mindhax. Tier 7 atomizing through sheer AP would not make sense considering fodder were not atomized with tenth tier.

you realize when i said tier 7, i was talking about the tier the spell was, right?

Holy Smite, a 7th tier spell

You did try to differentiate between the two as though it makes a difference and your analogy was based on tier differences and how it was atomizing through sheer AP.

Holy Smite was not only a 7th tier spell, but also anti-evil

it was explicitly mentioned the difference between it being used on something evil vs something good, was whether there would be remains left over, or if it would be reduced to sightless atoms. With the evil enemy being the one who would be reduced to atoms

Not sure what you mean now, you were saying atomizing through AP and now you mention it's mechanics. Also not sure why you're mentioning good or evil.

This sacred power would annihilate all evil beings, and even good entities would meet the same fate. The difference was only if they were reduced to sightless atoms, or if there would actually be remains left behind. This was the awesome power of magic that exceeded the realm of humanity.

Apeironaxim said:
does Dante need to be using/holding the Sword of Sparda to have resistance to Time Stop?
cause if does, and he's gonna have Ebony and Ivory out at the start, he might end up being Time Stopped
He doesn't need it to be out/using or holding Sparda to have resistance, it could be on his back or something like that.

this is interesting, because Ainz has the advantage with thought activated death spells, in which he only needs to get 2 off, one regular one, whether it be Grasp Heart or Death, and then True Death. He has a bunch of other stuff to help get it off too. Hell, since Dante seems to also fight in CQC, the death aura could come into effect

on the other, Dante has pretty good ways to put Ainz down, but i'm not sure he could kill him twice before he himself gets death haxed

personally, i see this either as Ainz wins, or incon

Dante has ways to put Ainz down but he ain't getting any of them off unless Ainz acts out of character. Ainz takes this 9/10.

Just to make it clear, what is Dante winco here?

I mean, the guy either rezz or resist everything Dante does.

Another thing, he can use the resurrection wand when dead or only alive?

blitzing and/or Atomizing with Ebony and Ivory before Ainz can get off his death hax

they both have ways to put each other down instantly, ainz's are thought based, which gives him an advantage

What stat amp?

Dante only stat amps with Fear Hax that, by dieno words is basically useless as it takes time, and DT but that is unquantificable. His Accelerated Development only comes into play if he survives one hell of a beating or goes to near death states.

So he can't use that true ress that brings both body and soul back on himself, interesting.

Tony di bugalu said:
So he can't use that true ress that brings both body and soul back on himself, interesting.
the resurrection magic that brings back souls as well is low tier, Ainz's ring absolutely would be either a high tier resurrection, or the highest tier

Ainz automatically ress due to a ring, this resurrection restores the body and soul. (all ainz equipment is extermely high class so it would restore both the body and soul) atomization would kill ainz but he would still ress, dante simply has to atomize him again to keep him dead Both sides have to kill the other twice ainz just seems more likely to get it done before dante can.

I mean, the profile makes a distinction between the two (the ring and the wand), so if you could post a scan or a statement saying the ring has exactly the same properties as the wand then I'm good, if not then he can't ress both body and soul with the ring.

Ummm what? Its a high class ressurection item worn by a level one hundred player, it falls well into the category of high tier ressurection which in overlord restores the body and soul. Its also comparable to shalltears ressurection item which can restore her body and soul so...Yeah ainz is coming back once if dante manages to deconstruct him.

the lowest resurrection spell is Raise Dead, a 5th tier spell that is the one which was able to restore the soul

even if you wanted to say Ainz's ring wasn't of the highest resurrection possible, or at least a high tier resurrection, it would need to be at least on par with the lowest resurrection magic

I vote Ainz FRA

also if Dante gets close he dies due to instant death aura but if he keeps his distance he might also have to deal with Ainz buffing summoning undead for example a set of death knights as shields who can survive any attack with a tiny bit of health left, Ainz buffing himself or Ainz using something like Nuclear burst, Thousand bone lance or Fallen down (with a cash shop item) which should do big damage due to holy element and all of those are more likely to hit than bullets due to big AOE and I would say Ainz has equally dangerous ranged projectile attacks like dantes atomization projectiles. Namely gravity maelstrom and reality slash which both ignore durability.

I just asked for a scan or a statement saying the ring can do exactly the same thing as the wand, that isn't hard to get if it is true. If you provide it then I will admint I'm wrong, etc., etc.

But if not then Ainz can't use true ress with the ring. Easy.

Now, if this is true and Ainz can come back after getting shot then what is Dante winco again?

If you didn't notice the profile says he can come back with a little ex loss and the guy is a lvl 100, he can keep coming back again and again and again.

The ring is assumed to work once, as it has no feats, though ainz took it off to fight shalltear as he didn't want to cheese the match with self ress/wanted to take the fight seriously. (we compare the ring to the only other level one hundred self ress item we've seen, shalltears)

All high level ressurcetion in overlord restores the body and soul as a ring worn by a level one hundred player it falls under high class and thus would restore the body, it is also comparble to shalltears self ressurection item that restores the body and soul.(Even lower teir ress can restore the body but it risk turning the effected person into an undead, a concern ainz doesn't really have)

We have zero reason to suspect ainz ring is inferior to the self ress item used by his subordinate.

>has no feats

>claims is comparable to a wand with feats

you can clearly see my concern with it

I understand your point but if you can't back it up with feats/statements then it is basically useless beyond "he can resurrect but it is unkown to what level"

We don't just compare it to the wand though we also compare it to shalltear's self ress item as that's the only other level one hundred self ress item we see, thus we assume it works once and restores the body and soul like hers. We've had this assumption for a long time if you really want to argue it make a crt to clarify as I see no reason to assume ainz's level one hundred self resurrection item is only equivalent to fifth tier spell.

Well my stance remains, we compare his ring to shalltears self ress item and the high class wand, rather then the fifth teir spell that can restore the soul and returns life to the body if it isn't overly damaged. (It should be able to restore a damaged body as well but you risk creating an undead. Which isn't good...)

we also consider his ring to only work once though it's been discussed before iirc

To be clear in the tiered magic system ainz is super tier the tier above tenth and he rarely uses spells below the eighth tier the idea his ring would only be comparable to a fifth tier spell is rather ludicrous, as its used by him a level one hundred player and came from the cash shop its likely incredibly potent as far as magic items go, so we compare his ring to shalltear and the wand as those items are closer to the caliber of equipment we expect from ainz.

Resurrection spells and wands alleviate level loss and other penalties. The ring he has lets him resurrect at 'hardly any cost'. Pay2win cheats

True but we can't assume as many times as his levels allow without further information. I wish I could say the pay 2 win aspects broke the balance in Yggdrasil but there was never any balance in that game to begin with...

(Realized that after re-reading your post sorry!)

Yggdrasil, one the only games I can honestly say pay 2 win don't break the balance much more then its already inherently broken. The devs laughed at the idea of fair play and balanced experiences!

Back