• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Theres no travel time to any of ainz death hax beyond cry of the banshee, which he won't use as its meant for larger crowds of enemies. In other words Dante can't deal with ainz death hax via guarding (Even cry of the banshee doesn't function as a projectile)

So way I see it atm, dante starts by amping (is that his first move? To my knowledge dante likes to tuant his opponents, then again I suppose his precog should warn him not to take ainz that lightly), dies to ainz initial death spell. Ainz see's him ressurecting and uses true death.

if Dante possibly blitzing isn't a stomp, i'm not sure that would be either

then again, i'm still very much getting used to the new stomp guidelines

it's honestly possible Dante kills him once after Ainz gets off his initial death spell, but then Ainz has a second chance after his own resurrection

Ainz could also get off a Body of Effulgent Beryl to negate one strike, which would be useful

It might be? Im not really sure if it's a stomp, dante could blitz but the problem is he needs to think to amp, then he needs to blitz, all ainz has to do is think death, notice dante ressing which isn't instantaneous iirc and cast true death.

New? (~_^)

Well I was just pointing out that the dude's defeat seems easily predictable with those moves and in that order but then again all matches are secretly stomps.

The pen or the sword said:
It might be? Im not really sure if it's a stomp, dante could blitz but the problem is he needs to think to amp, then he needs to blitz, all ainz has to do is think death, notice dante ressing which isn't instantaneous iirc and cast true death.
he also can't get in melee range or Ainz's death aura will kill him, so that may be some much needed time to get off True Death, though i'm not familiar with Dante's fighting style

He's not above spamming range but he enjoys melee and will often go for it if the opportunity arises though his precog may warn him of the danger death aura presents so he should be able to avoid that...

Complete immunity inverse, (Further boosted by the defense of his world class item) along with an inability to experience strong emotions due to his emotions being suppressed over a certain threshold

So even assuming dante could bypass ainz normal mental resistance (Severe doubt) He wouldn't be able to really use his fear hax effectively due to ainz emotions being suppressed.

fear hax is described as a trigger to the sixth sense that we all have

And if it works in a non-colpore being, would it affect Ainz? It does not have to do but it is a doubt that I have.

i'm not sure whether it works on a non-corporeal makes it better, since it's effecting the mind, whether they are non-corporeal or not

Ainz also resists Panic, which is a better version of Fear, and is basically just stacking a bunch of Fear effects on each other

I really dont see a way it effects ainz here if his fear rises it gets suppressed to a mangable level, his mind is also highly resistant to mind altering effects due to his natural undead resistance and his world class item.

Working on nocorporeal entities isn't really a sign of potency heck most magic in overlord can interact with non corporeals.

Apeironaxim said:
i'm not sure whether it works on a non-corporeal makes it better, since it's effecting the mind, whether they are non-corporeal or not

Ainz also resists Panic, which is a better version of Fear, and is basically just stacking a bunch of Fear effects on each other
when I mean non-corporeal that also means the mind.

And? Its not a sign of potency, it simply means he can effect non corporeal beings, as I said most magic in overlord has the same feature, heck panic likely can mess with noncoporeals and ainz no sells it.

In cases where the mind hax relies on the opponent having a physical brain maybe but most mind hax that aren't based in physicality should have no issue effecting non corporeal beings.

Either way dante doesn't have the feats to overcome ainz resistance and even if he did emotional suppression ruins any effect it could have had even if it somehow could bypass ainz resistance.

I know AE is considered to protect you from mindhax (Which I personally disagree with), but how does non-corporeality?

as i'm seeing it, Ainz gets a death spell off, sees Dante resurrect, then hits him with a True Death, possibly after dying once and then resurrecting himself

although it's rarely talked about, Ainz would actually also make use of his undead summons, and Death Knights attract enemy attention, which would give Ainz a little more time to get a death spell off

he would also likely be using it on Death Knights, since they attract enemy attention and aggresion, and i think Ainz can make a bunch of them

also, can Dante see through invisibility? Ainz likes to abuse that along with teleportation

Eh even without that ainz resurrection can restore the body and soul after being destroyed so Im not sure what atomization will change here...

As I see it dante thinks to amp, ainz thinks death, dante dies, dante starts ressing which isn't instant iirc ainz uses true death.

edit if your referring to dante atomizing via ap ainz has a significant advantage ap wise pre amp and even dt amped dante isn't liable to surpass ainz ap by a signinficant margin.

i think what could be a major factor is how the resurrection for Dante works

is it instant, or is does it take a couple seconds?

atomize is in character and if it were not little dante moves his sword very fast and almost destroys the air molecules and dante can see invisible beings and null low godly with soul hax that works on beings with a strong resistance to soul hax and dt uses it When someone is at your level or if you need to fly and precog, he says that ainz is dangerous, so he would go to the DT.

Dante can't go into melee range or he dies to death aura so if his atomization requires melee its never happening. Atomization would destroy ainz body but that doesn't matter as his resurrection restores his body and soul even if completely destroyed. Soul hax would work fine except ainz resist soul destruction and erasure. Even assuming dante bypass this his res restores the body and soul, further Im not really sure if we apply regen nulling to resurrection.

Either way none of this helps when ainz first move is to think death and kill dante, dante has to think to amp then blitz. AFAIK his atomization isn't some thought based ability so he'll never get it off before ainz thinks death.

Dante then has to resurrect and blitz kill ainz twice before ainz can think true death and I don't see that happening, Ainz invisibility allows him to become invisible to those normally able to see past invisibility so there's some dubiousness there.

So He would dt off the bat (I don't remember him going for this right away against anyone, from my memories he usually fights without it then activates it during the fight but I guess precog would warn him no to take this lightly) but he needs to register ainz as a massive threat, think to amp, then blitz all before ainz thinks death. Voting ainz atm

Even if Dante gets off his atomization and soul hax, Ainz's resurrection can completely restore the soul and body. The only downside to it is that he loses some of his exp points and becomes a bit weaker.

Eh we don't know if he'd actually lose an entire level so weather or not he would become weaker from his ressurection is questionable, he could lose all of his progress to the next level or some precentage of that amount without fully losing the level.

We know that a popular method of respeccing your character was to die over and over again, so I doubt it would remove so little exp. We also know that it was extremely easy to gain exp in Yggdrasil, and that the real hallmark of a powerful player was the class of their equipment.

Which don't work instantously to my knowledge and require several shots to fully atomize/deconstruct, that also leaves the problem ainz will get off his hax first as he can activate them with a thought.

@FDrybob Id normally agree but part of ainz ring is greatly reducing the amount of exp lost on resurrection... A ring no ygdrassil player would wear while trying to respec so we cant judge the amount of exp ainz would lose based on what others usually lost.

@The pen or the sword

Actually it takes only one shot. I'm not giving my input yet until the discussion dies down just correcting the atomization bit.

Back