• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ahzek Ahriman Vs. Iskandar Khayon

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Here we are. Two rivals originated from the same Legion, gone their separate ways.

A battle millennia in the making, that should have come to this site long ago...

On one side we have Ahzek Ahrima, The Exile, Arch-Sorcerer of the Thousand Sons:

AhrimanUnchanged
And on the other we have Iskandar Khayo, The Kingbreaker, Warlord of the Ezekario

KhayonBoi
Both combatants are in-character. Battle is occuring on Anzu, Daemon World of the Sorcerer Chariz Terenoch. Description of the battlefield below:

The last time I had enjoyed Chariz's dubious hospitality was when he had taken me into his fortress's inner sanctum. The deeper one walked into his citadel, the deeper one walked into his mind. The walls went from stone and bronze to dusty red coral, interlinked and interwoven in binding structures. Anzu was a world with expansive oceans, and Chariz worked his dark and dubious miracles beneath the boiling tides. Out there in the liquid void beyond the coral walls, vast and fiery intelligences devoured one another in an unceasing war. I could sense them but not see them. They existed to my reaching mind, but to my ship's scanners and the evidence of my eyes, the waters outside the tangled coral castle were a cold and lifeless murk.

The world was forever reacting to him, as so many daemon worlds reacted to their masters' minds. His turbulent imagination manifested in the form an endless oceanic slaughter between beasts no one but Chariz could see.
~ The Wonderworker​
If you want a reason for why they're fighting, it's simple. Ahriman has kidnapped Khayon's Bloodward, Nefertari, and is planning on using her soul in a ritual to open a portal to the Webway to get into the Aeldari Literature Club Black Library. Because she's an Eldar, so why wouldn't it work?

Who wins, and why? Discuss.

Hmmmmm.

Whereas Ahriman's research and travels have probably granted him a greater range of psychic disciplines, Khayon likely has greater experience and strategic knowledge. He also has his tarot cards. I'm uncertain and I'm not fully aware of what Khayon can actually do with psychic powers but I guess I'd lean a bit more towards Ahriman for versatility.

In general, my observations of Ahriman vs Khayon seem to be a battle of versatility vs sheer power. Ahriman is a hax machine with complete mastery over numerous arts and disciplines of sorcery, while Khayon has many feats of psychic power that are insane.

I mean, he has a tarot deck containing imprisoned Greater Daemons he can summon, he has an ability that essentially amounts to atomizing your soul and scattering the remains through the Warp, he managed to telekinetically move a Battle-Barge through the Warp for 3 months straight, and he wields a sword made from the Shards of both Horus' Worldbreaker, and Sanguinius' Blade Encarmine.

But yes, Ahriman has greater knowledge and range of abilities.

Oh, Khayon also has Gyre, his daemon familiar that takes the form of either an spectral wolf, or a giant lynx. She would only amount to an inconvenience to Ahzek, but she's there too.

Ahriman is cooler though

Anywayyys. Given that they're both aware of just how dangerous the other is and their own powers, I'm sure they'd both very quickly go to set up a kill.

This is now a battle of favorites.

Yeah, both opponents in this case know who the other is and are very much aware of their abilities. Both are also very intelligent and it is in their character to come prepared, and set up traps and spells priorhand.

In that case, it'd be the old VS dilemma; brains with a bit of brawn vs. brawn with a bit of brains, except on a much higher scale.

Yeah, Khayon likely has the edge in raw power, but Ahriman should be superior in skill.

As strange as it is to say, Ahriman may be superior in a straight up fight, though. Khayon was Abaddon's main assassin, but he mostly killed in ways that didn't involve getting his hands dirty. This isn't to say he has no fighting experience, quite the opposite, but Ahriman, despite all his planning, is also often found in the center of the fray. Ahriman is also no stranger to killing and taking on other sorcerers, though Khayon is far from just another dime-a-dozen sorcerer.

Not sure, right now.

Back