• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer Chaos: Math Manip?

FanSyst

Username Only
Chaos is seen as a perverse and permanent arithmetic across dimensions, altered equations drawn and related experiments by The Old Ones.
‘You have called on the First Prince, child, with an equation that has long since passed out of mortal mind.’
‘It… it was a chord,’ Adel stuttered. ‘On my lute… A chord I played. I’m sorry!’
‘Chord, equation, they are much the same, for music and mathematics are each the secret language of this thing you call reality. It matters not to me – you called, and I have answered.’
There were many dimensions beyond the physical, many that no brain could ever perceive, much less imagine. Lord Tlaco’amoxtli’ueman was among the oldest of his kind, a being that had been spawned by the Old Ones to understand these dimensions, to see the vectors of the Great Math and their impact upon the higher phases. The harmonies of the equations became increasingly complex as the labours of the Old Ones brought existence further and farther from the universal null towards which all things decayed.Perhaps the Old Ones had needed things of flesh to appreciate the impact of their algebra upon the lower phases, or perhaps they had needed beings such as the slann to understand how the lower dimensions could cast fractions of themselves into the higher in an effort to escape final decay. Whatever their logic, the brains of the slann had been engineered to see the arithmetic behind all existence that they might keep the equations of the Old Ones balanced.
But things had gone wrong. In their experiments the Old Ones had created low phase creatures with the potential for devastating impact upon the higher phases of order. The essences of these beings expressed themselves in simple algorithms, but of immense numerical size, as though in defiance of their inevitable decay and negation. Too late did the slann understand the impact of these arrays upon the higher dimensions. Too late did the Old Ones understand the illogic that had infected their carefully plotted vectors.
The design of the Old Ones collapsed under the corruption of persistent fractals, fractals that were not merely echoes of life, but things that existed in multidimensional displacements. Their numerical values did not decay, but swelled by adding into themselves the algorithms of the low phase creatures. Under the madness of these persistent fractals, the equations of the Old Ones were unbalanced, broken by a perverse arithmetic.The Old Ones had faded from the malignance of the persistent fractals, incapable of enduring within their broken vectors. Sometimes, Lord Tlaco could almost perceive the lingering shades of the shattered vectors, recast into persistent fractals themselves. It was a disharmony that even a mage-priest could not fully comprehend. Were these shards of the masters or simply new fractals cast into the semblance of the old vectors?
The slann considered one of these persistent fractals. It was a repugnance of irrational numbers and unbalanced singularities. Yet, at the very core, Lord Tlaco could almost sense a string of the ancient harmonies. It troubled the slann’s thoughts. Was this simply another creation of the low phase algorithms coalescing in the higher dimensions, or was it an expression of the broken vectors trying to reassert itself? Could the equation be balanced by the addition of yet another persistent fractal? Would even the Old Ones dare to work in such a reckless manner?There were no easy answers. The slann knew that this particular fractal had expressed itself in a way that made many of the low phase minions of the mage-priests venerate it. The fractal had manifested as a low phase being and routed the infestation of corrupted algorithms that had once threatened to return the slann and all of their minions to the universal null.

Pretty easy agree, Old Ones probably would get it too if they had profiles. Idt any of the profiles will be updated for a bit though tbh

Pretty easy agree, Old Ones probably would get it too if they had profiles. Idt any of the profiles will be updated for a bit though tbh
Old Ones are safe from Siege of Terra, it's mainly Primarchs effected by it, but I would definitely hold off on making their profiles because that would require a level of competence lol

Old Ones are safe from Siege of Terra, it's mainly Primarchs effected by it, but I would definitely hold off on making their profiles because that would require a level of competence lol
Makes sense, probably a ton more work to compile and make everything than already with just the current Siege stuff

Makes sense, probably a ton more work to compile and make everything than already with just the current Siege stuff
Honestly it's Fantasy that makes Old Ones a pain, 40K at least has all info about them in one place

Also we don't even know if it's the same Old Ones between 40K and Fantasy, so that's another layer of bullshittery

Fantasy really does feel bigger than 40k sometimes when it comes to looking for information for things like the Old Ones lmao

Fantasy really does feel bigger than 40k sometimes when it comes to looking for information for things like the Old Ones lmao
It's the same for me, WHF has so many elements dedicated to Chaos and Old Ones that I've only been able to see it replicated in short WH40K stories.

It's the same for me, WHF has so many elements dedicated to Chaos and Old Ones that I've only been able to see it replicated in short WH40K stories.
Fantasy generally makes the esoteric parts of the entire WH franchise more obvious than 40K so it definitely makes sense to see more Chaos stuff there. Also realized i kind of derailed your thread a bit sorry 🗿

This basically implies the Skein is made of maths fundamentally, essentially the code of reality.

This would scale to Chaos Gods in that their corruption can destroy/over-ride this and to the Abstract state of Chaos for forming the Skein

I guess Chaos Manipulation already implies you can destroy mathematical realms to an extent?

This basically implies the Skein is made of maths fundamentally, essentially the code of reality.

This would scale to Chaos Gods in that their corruption can destroy/over-ride this and to the Abstract state of Chaos for forming the Skein

I guess Chaos Manipulation already implies you can destroy mathematical realms to an extent?
I'd say so, especially considering all of the things it already effects. Theres also the whole enuncia thing

Back