• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adventure Time CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JnSteHar002

Bronze Supporter
This is a new CRT for Adventure Time; this we'll be my first so I apologize in advance for any mistakes.

The old one is here for any references of what has been done so far and anything I missed.

So far, a big issue is finding a way to properly scale Finn. The last Adventure Time CRT came to a consensus to not scale him to Ice King's Crown due to it being primarily Environmental Damage with no confirmation the crown does anything to Ice King's actual physical strikes. Then, there was a consistency issue with Finn as his sole feats are mostly tier 9 to 8 while anything higher would be scaling to others stronger, like that slap to Marceline in season 1.

I believe, again from the last CRT, we tried to compromise and find a tier 7 feat for Finn to scale and here is one I found.

This would be for AP/Striking. As far as I can tell, I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with speed scaling. I'm also not certain if or how we need to adjust the season keys on the profiles or make them composite profiles for the series as a whole.

Any further input and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Peace and Blessings!

Yeah I agree. The 5-C feat shouldn't even be used because the person who performed it didn't attack anything and was simply just big.

Thank you for helping out Sir Ovens.

Should I ask some staff members who do not know much about this verse to also comment here in lack of better optons?

The OP is written kinda weirdly. But if the point of the CRT is to just apply the tier 7 feat instead of tier 5, then yes I agree wholeheartedly.

Thank you for the input. This seems to have been accepted to be applied then.

I definitely could have worded this better and, even though I put a link to the old thread, I still should've added more in this.

I'm for scaling Finn to the feat here but I was also hoping to go over more of the scaling issues of the verse since so many others scale to Finn and vice versa.

If he's consistently Tier 9 to Tier 8 then I don't know why would you scale him to a single feat that goes from 50x to 100x times stronger than his usual showings. I definetly disagree with 5-C Finn and everyone else but this is not good either.

The fact that it was done by Betty is even stranger, because she is not like Finn who has blantant superhuman feats to at least back up the possibility of being higher. It's been a while since I watched the series so I could be easily wrong tho.

But until then, I agree with the removal of 5-C but disagree with everything else.

If he's consistently Tier 9 to Tier 8 then I don't know why would you scale him to a single feat that goes from 50x to 100x times stronger than his usual showings. I definetly disagree with 5-C Finn and everyone else but this is not good either.

The fact that it was done by Betty is even stranger, because she is not like Finn who has blantant superhuman feats to at least back up the possibility of being higher. It's been a while since I watched the series so I could be easily wrong tho.

But until then, I agree with the removal of 5-C but disagree with everything else.
Thanks for bringing this up! It's been a while since I've seen AT so I might be wrong as well.

As far as I can still tell/remember, the feats that Finn has specifically done are in that 9 to low 8 tier but he is still scaled to others since he has kept up with others that have higher feats under their belts.

Betty is a very strange case but I'm still under the assumption that the crazy nature of Adventure Time would allow it.

Also, we might need to look back at, I believe, the scaling towards the Citadel Guardians, Orgalorg and the Lich to others.

I would also prefer to list his more consistent power level. Thank you for the input.

However, does somebody here know of any feats of this scale that we can ask to get calculated?

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Should we scale from that feat then, or does it need to be evaluated?

Pretty sure that feat is evaluated so we can scale to it.

I'm still trying to figure the scaling for the verse though.

Okay. No problem then. Thanks again for helping out.

Has there been any progress here?

I would appreciate the help.

I am so sorry; I've been very busy with school work and some family issues.

Still having trouble with the scaling since Finn's own feats are rather low but he has contended with others that have higher feats and it starts to get confusing on how the scaling applies to the other characters.

Okay. No problem. I am grateful that you are helping out with this at all.

If you describe what you need help to evaluate, I could ask some other staff members to help us out with this afterwards.

Still working on the scaling but I think Finn could still scale to Fern in there matches at the later end of the series.

That seems fine. Thanks a lot for the help.

Just graduated and should have some more free time to help. At this point, I'm still unclear if some of the bigger feats of Finn fighting the Lich are complete outliers or count for Finn but I'm very open for discussion.

I also think Finn's tiering could be 9A to 8C in the beginning and whatever we would scale for Fern at the end of the the series; not sure what to do about the middle though. Again, still very open to debating on how this all should go.

I think that he should scale from his own feats, and from logically comparable characters, not from cosmic powerhouses that he only fights due to plot-induced stupidity.

I think that he should scale from his own feats, and from logically comparable characters, not from cosmic powerhouses that he only fights due to plot-induced stupidity.
Okay but how does that effect any scaling with Fern? Does it still count or would it be PIS/Outlier as well?

I do not know. What scale of raw power feats does Fern have? Isn't he mostly formidable due to cutting power that negates durability to a degree?

I just checked and his profile says he scales to Orgalorg and the Lich since he's a fusion of the grass sword and the finn sword; I'll admit I'm not sure how much that is raw power or haxing durability negation now that you bring it up.

I do not know. What scale of raw power feats does Fern have? Isn't he mostly formidable due to cutting power that negates durability to a degree?
Fern is Finn's equal and almost all of his feats are fighting or restraining cosmic beings so who knows. "Logically comparable" just doesn't really work in Adventure Time when Finn fights cosmic stuff arguably more then more grounded stuff. The only logical thing is probably to scale him to Elementals. Elementals are currently scaled to Tier 5, but are more likely in the Tier 7 range given their feats are on that level. Their durability should scale to their magic by the way, because they can regularly resist each others attacks.

Double post but

• We should assume that Phoebe burning the Earth's core and Ice King freezing the planet were likely done over time. Nothing assumes they were instant,.
  • Assume Ooo is not the size of Australia, this was based off a really faulty calc. Someone calculated the size of the island based off a statement at 450 km which honestly still seems pretty big but it's more reasonable then our previous assumption.

These not only make more sense narratively (I mean Finn and Jake walk everywhere they go in Ooo in the earlier seasons) but make scaling much easier because then it makes feats way smaller in scale and more consistent. This would affect Ice King making a storm across his kingdom and Candy Kingdom and Patience freezing approx 1/4th of Ooo when her powers overcharged.

We should scale Finn to the former storm feat, which now being on a much smaller scale, should be more consistent. As mentioned before, I think it's fair to scale magic to durability for these characters.

His strongest weapons (Grass Sword and maybe Finn Sword) should be 5-C/Low 5B/5-B/2-A/whatever we decide on cosmics being (there's a decent argument for each of those tiers).

Finn being so weak doesn't make narrative sense. He's the cosmic embodiment of heroism whose destiny is clearly supposed to line up with his predecessor, Billy. Sure, his character arc is about him coming to grips with how not every solution requires violence (to the point where the show has almost never has him fighting after a certain point), it doesn't make sense that he'd be SO weak that he wouldn't be able to stand up to most of the threats that faced Ooo. So, I vehemently disagree with the notion of Tier 9 Finn that so many people want to push, but agree that we went to much in the opposite direction.

I would appreciate your help with figuring out tiers that make sense.

However, we should generally avoid scaling storm feats to physical statistics. Please explain why we should make an exception here.

I would appreciate your help with figuring out tiers that make sense.

However, we should generally avoid scaling storm feats to physical statistics. Please explain why we should make an exception here.
Because there are many instances of characters in this series shrugging off magic attacks from other wizards. Ice King made the storm in the same fight where he battled Phoebe so unless he held back a lot (which is very OOC), their magic should scale to their durability. It doesn't really scale to their striking/physical AP though, but it does scale to Finn and Jake since they consistently harm these characters, who survive powerful magic spells a lot.

Anyway, as for cosmics. The 5-A feat is bumpkus, and the Low 2-C feat doesn't scale, so we can probably make them "Unknown. Possibly 5-B or far higher" based off Orgalorg crushing entire planets and being apart of the Catalyst Comet, which exists as another 'mode' of existence apart of the 'end, and beginning' of the cosmos and were spotted in the Time Room at the end of The Enchiridion. Though, we never did figure out how to treat Vampire King's essence being able to "kaboom reality off its whack".

Okay. We preferably need reliable calculations for their feats to scale from though.

Wouldn't it be better to use that storm feat that you mentioned than state that Finn and the entire rest of the cast can destroy planets on their own?

New episode of Distant Lands came out, with some really strange feats. Figured they'd be relevant here.
The Lich's goons can blow up entire "Deathworlds" in singe attacks. Said Deathworlds can contain suns and leave the worlds in complete void. It takes 4 goons to destroy them however.

Furthermore, The Lich managed to destroy each Deathworld when he was in the highest layer. There are 50 layers.

The Lich also killed Death and destroyed the cycle of reincarnation.

Also Finn and Jake should get a new key for being deceased. Their tier might be unknown since they dont really have feats here (Finn survives the destruction of Deathworld when he's far away from the epicenter) but they get new powers like shapeshifting, non-corporeality, flight, and limited biology manipulation

I'll compile screenshots later

New episode of Distant Lands came out, with some really strange feats. Figured they'd be relevant here.
The Lich's goons can blow up entire "Deathworlds" in singe attacks. Said Deathworlds can contain suns and leave the worlds in complete void. It takes 4 goons to destroy them however.

Furthermore, The Lich managed to destroy each Deathworld when he was in the highest layer. There are 50 layers.

The Lich also killed Death and destroyed the cycle of reincarnation.

Also Finn and Jake should get a new key for being deceased. Their tier might be unknown since they dont really have feats here (Finn survives the destruction of Deathworld when he's far away from the epicenter) but they get new powers like shapeshifting, non-corporeality, flight, and limited biology manipulation

I'll compile screenshots later
Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back