• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding the King's Proposal Verse + Saika Kuozaki profile to the Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything12

The Heavenly Fount
VS Battles
Administrator
Recently the first volume of the light novel series King's Proposal, also known as Ousama no Propose, has received an official English translation. It is a series that was written by Kōshi Tachibana and illustrated by Tsunako, the duo behind the popular series Date A Live. This connection is what lead to me reading the series, and like Date A Live it has quite the number of hax and feats, even in the first volume alone. After having reading through the novel several times, and checked over and edited my draft profile several times, I believe I now have it in a good enough state to be evaluated if it's in a suitable state to be added to the wiki.

Here is a sandbox containing both the protagonist(s) profile and the Verse page (below the character profile): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Everything12/Saika_Kuozaki_WIP

And here is a speed calculation, with the mid-end having been accepted by @CloverDragon03: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...lectric_Perception_Speed_Calc#articleComments

Did you create discussion thread for this? Sounds interesting light novel

I mean, he did not tell us if they meet notability requirements (even tho, the author is the one who created/worked on date a live, so I think it is enough)

I mean, he did not tell us if they meet notability requirements (even tho, the author is the one who created/worked on date a live, so I think it is enough)
Officially published work from notable author who already has a series on the wiki. Their's no question about notability.

Welp, I will read it. Let me know when you create a discussion thread for it. Sounds strong to get plantery level in 7 chapters.
Yeah, and information on the untranslated Volume 2 seems to indicate it will have a character with Immortality Type 5, and Volume 3 will have some quite unique hax as well.

Officially published work from notable author who already has a series on the wiki. Their's no question about notability.
Alright (But I think you can create the verse without creating CRT for it, specially that you already calculated the influential calculations)
Yeah, and information on the untranslated Volume 2 seems to indicate it will have a character with Immortality Type 5, and Volume 3 will have some quite unique hax as well.
Interesting tho, alright I will add it to my list.

One critique I have... I'm not sure if that description alone is enough to qualify for genius intelligence.

And I only say that because people like L and Light are in the genius category lol.

Edit: Sounds above average, possibly gifted.

Intelligence: Possibly Genius. Is an expert in magic and trade. Has incredibly extensive knowledge on magic, and aided humans in developing and advancing the "Soul Track" human killing magic (Offensive Magic). Frieren regularly hides her true magic capacity to deceive enemies into thinking they have more mana than her or are stronger, and therefore get careless. To the point where demons weren't even aware of her true amount of mana for thousands of years. Her instincts as a mage are also impeccable, she instantly knew that an opponent she had never faced before used a spell which could reflect magic just by looking at it, and deciphered the magic's mechanics instantly and found a way around it, all within a few seconds.

^This is the intelligence description of a character I'm working on, who similarly is an expert in magic.

Hmm. Still no replies. Should I call for other staff members as well?

Well, if she is the most skilled mage in her world, "At least Gifted" seems warranted at least.

Well, if she is the most skilled mage in her world, "At least Gifted" seems warranted at least.
The description doesn't even say that though. It just says she's more skilled than ordinary mages. Not even one of the most skilled.

Edit: Her summary says that so really it's just a problem of matching the summary with the intelligence description.

Other parts of the page seem to state that if I do not misremember.

Other parts of the page seem to state that if I do not misremember.
Here is the quote for reference
Intelligence: Genius (Saiki Kuozaki has lived for hundreds of years and is the headmistress of the mage training school Void's Garden, she is well versed in the mechanics of how magic functions and can perform magic on a level beyond ordinary mages) | Average (Mushiki Kuga is inexperienced in magic, only having recently learned of it's existence, and does not tend to understand the explanations on how it works. However, he is able to pick up on subtle details to see the truth of a mystery and use his experience as Saika to develop his own magic)

This isn't a tier 1 verse. Why did it need a thread to add it to the wiki?

Does the planet creation scale to the characters other attacks? Like does some magic abilities differ from others?

Does the planet creation scale to the characters other attacks? Like does some magic abilities differ from others?
Currently all her magic shown is substantiation magic, which molds magical energy into a form. With the planet creation having been done through fifth substantiation.

First substantiation is the creation of phenomenon, second substantiation is creation of matter, third substantiation is shrouding it around their body, fourth substantiation is creating an domain, and fifth substantiation is creating a world.

Last edited:
All the profiles I've seen have it formatted with references before punctuation.
I was told that the agreed upon format for references is after punctuation, here:
reference_formatting.png

reference_formatting1.png

Currently all her magic shown is substantiation magic, which molds magical energy into a form. With the planet creation having been done through fifth substantiation.

First substantiation is the creation of phenomenon, second substantiation is creation of matter, third substantiation is shrouding it around their body, fourth substantiation is creating an domain, and fifth substantiation is creating a world.
Ok then.

I'm tearing up that 2 people bothered to make Saika WIP profiles.

I suspect there's a rule about not adding untranslated stuff (especially if its roundabout : Japanese>Chinese Trans>English)

But what if it's just name for her Substantiations?

Its even there on official twitter if it helps!

~ Her Staff (Second Substan) : The second manifestation is 【Unobserved Miniature Garden (Stellarium)】.
~ Her Dress (Third Substan) : The third manifestation is 【Undetermined Kingdom (Animaclad)】"

It's unimportant detail, so I'm fine either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back