• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding mobile game games for VS wiki profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I have a question how to handle mobile gmae entries for adding them into useable profiles. For that I'll show two different examples:

1. Mobile entries based on already existing franchises: Two quite prominent examples would be SMT: Dx2 Liberation & Langrisser Mobile. While the first is gameplay and storywise more of a mix between main SMT & Persona, the latter is more of an reinterpetation of the (mostly in Japan released) series with most core game features intact. Do they count as eligible for editing and when yes, why? What about crossovers with other games?

2. Mobile games based on original content: How should we treat those games, which are completely based on original IPs? Do they count as ok for making pages about them?

As long as the games aren't very obscure and contain enough information to write good profiles, it should probably be alright,

Dx2, while not being nearly as popular as other Gacha games like FGO and GBF, is far from being "obscure", and even has had official crossovers with Bayonetta and Devil May Cry.

That being said, Matthew thinks that Demons in that game behave differently from the rest of the series an since he's far more knowledgeable than me on the series overall, what to do is more up to his decision. Iina a way or another, I could support regarding that game though.

Antvasima said:
As long as the games aren't very obscure and contain enough information to write good profiles, it should probably be alright,
Agreed. There are countless mobile games that would obviously not get profiles, but it makes sense for some of the more well-known games (like Angry Birds or Clash of Clans) to get profiles

As I previously said, there isn't an "obscurity" problem with the games the OP mentioned since they are part of a pretty big series of games.

I think for Dantes page only some extra res feats + possibly some dura negation with his special 5 star skills could be added. Nero and V on the other hand could get comparable entries based on that as well. BTW, does DMC5 play after DMC2?

AFAIK, DMC5 takes place after DMC2.

The problem is that in Dx2, Dante never references him fighting other demons alongside/against Demi-fiend in Nocturne.

Though he doesn't seem to be unfamiliar with SMT Demons, the Demon World, as well as that other stuff Thor talked about before dying. He is more surprised by the fact that the protagonist can summon demons to fight by his side, which is the reason he initially attacked you in the story event.

So okay, Dante in this appearance is practically the same as the one as in Nocturne right? Even if not I don't really see so much of a difference between Dx2 & SMT3 Dante at least stat wise.

BTW, I think before any more speculations about whenever they're the same or not should be made, we should find out on which timeline Dx2 is playing. By judging the main motives and Vanitas being described as an astrolabe, it may be an spiritual sequel to Devil Survivor 2.

I suggest making another key completely different from the nocturne version, so we can have two keys and one Shin Megami Tensei Dante profile.

Assuming Dx2 demons are like the main timelines demons, Dante, V and Nero would still be 2-A by defeating Beelzebub and Mother Harlot after absorbing very other seminars soul (with the protagonistas help, of course).

Another difficult thing is to figure out when all of those "side stories" actually take place between the beginning and the main story models ending (or even after it).

Hasn't this thread derailed a lot from its original purpose?

The question seems to have been answered, so perhaps we should close this.

Antvasima said:
Hasn't this thread derailed a lot from its original purpose?

The question seems to have been answered, so perhaps we should close this.
Well it did, sorry^^ The therad should be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back