• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding a note to Gagamaru's page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually when it comes to abilities which have some NLF factor I don't mind if just the canon description is used and the NLF potential isn't explicitely mentioned on the page. That is simply, because most of the time people don't assume abilities to have NLF extent, because they know that we would limit it to the highest showings.

If you look at Gagamaru Chougasaki's vs-threads though you see it a lot that people assume Encounter to work against opponents with attacks much more powerful and fast than Encounter was ever shown or reliably stated to work against.

Hence I would want to add a note to his page pointing that part out, so that discussions don't constantly involve that NLF.

I would suggest a formulation like:

"Note: Beware the No-Limit Fallacy. While Encounter has demonstrated no limits or exceptions, except Scar Dead, the strongest and fastest attacks it was demonstrated or reliably stated to work against where Multi-City Block level attacks performed at the Speed of Light. It can not be reliably argued that Encounter would work against vastly more powerful attacks."

CrossverseCrisis said:
Want me to unlokc it for you if it's locked?
Yes. If it were locked I would want to have it unlocked. It isn't, though. ^^

But I will of course wait a few hours before making edits to see if someone wants to say something about it.

It's actually already left unlocked but i don't mind waiting on others if they have something to say here.

From the looks of this, it's pretty fine to add a note of this on his page.

1.- The Encounter is not limited by the strength of whatever it reflects, just like Accelerator's vector manipulation isnt affected by the "strength" of what he redirects.

The ability just redirects damage, has been shown to work even against attacks stronger than what Gagamaru can take himself. So, that note is downplaying what the ability actually does.

The NLF part is assuming that it would redirect attacks it hasnt been shown or stated to: conceptual attacks/sealing/anything that wouldnt harm gagamaru directly.

@PaChi2: If you read accels profile you will notice that he has a similar note on it (in his case there is a bunch more talk about the mechanics in it, since more about the mechanics is know and can be considered for extrapolating his limits).

In general redirecting abilities aren't exempt from the NLF and have to demonstrate how much power they can take just like any normal shield.

That the ability protects him from damage he can not take without is irrelevant here. Heck, a normal shield also protects you from damage you can not take on your own.

@DT but the thing is that The Encounter works on people stronger than Gagamaru. From a "damage redirection" perspective, Gagamaru doesnt care if the attack is planet level, Universe level, galaxy, country, etc. Because the result is the same in all the examples I listed: Gagamaru's complete body is obliterated. The Encounter redirects this "obliteration" to somewhere else. Also the ability works independent of Gagamaru's reflexes: he was getting blitzed during his fight without taking damage.

Summarizing: the encounter doesnt redirect "power", but "damage".

Of course you can add a note just like in Accel's. The ability is a NLF walking machine, just because it was built to be one.

As said, that it works on people stronger than Gagamaru himself doesn't proof anything. A shield does the same.

That it works against planet level or higher attacks is a baseless claim of yours that you can't proof, since he never used it on such.

That it works independent of refelexes doesn't mean it works independent on how fast the attack is. Just how accels ability works independent on his reflexes, but not necessarily infinitely fast.

All your arguments are standard NLF.

As I said, it is not bound by power, but damage. Conceptual damage, spiritual damage, anything not physical/mental/emotional iirc could harm Gagamaru bypassing The Encounter since the encounter hasnt been stated to redirect it. Its not a shield.

The reflex part is true, I agree with what you just said, excuse me if It seemed otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back