• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding 3 More Feats to Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't nitpicking, it's a legit question. We can't give out ratings with out knowing how they will be achieved and this proves my point since most of those plans would have a special artifact involved. With that, none of his own feats being close to this prior, and no context in the statement itself or visual cues, we can't make him Low 2-C for just saying it.

Is it with a magic spell? An artifact? A device? Physically? Or simply rampaging within these worlds
Magic spell is technically possible however I believe he brought koopa kid to help him and given his primary goal goal was to have someone strong fight him, koopa kid didn't really help him with that and unless bowser knew he would be dealing with a Mario party that also seems unlikely so he was there to help destroy dreams and koopa kid has no evidence of such magic. Artifact has zero evidence as everytime he has a powerful artifact he or the game's narration made it very clear. Device some what possible as there is the device in the frightmare minigame but bowser uses it to fight player character and fights player character directly later. Physical I think that is the most likely thing so far. Maybe but destroying a low 2-C construct is still low 2-C.

Wait, but if Bowser could just do that instantly then why is there even a plot? Bowser would just do it and nobody would even attempt to stop him because by the time anyone knew he'd already have done it.
Bowser's goal is to get a strong opponent to fight and him already destroying everything makes it less likely as he already won the conflict that he was using to get said opponent to fight him.

This isn't nitpicking, it's a legit question. We can't give out ratings with out knowing how they will be achieved and this proves my point since most of those plans would have a special artifact involved. With that, none of his own feats being close to this prior, and no context in the statement itself or visual cues, we can't make him Low 2-C for just saying it.
In many of those cases, Bowser is using artifacts to rule over the universe. Here, Bowser is just destroying it to get Mario's attention, so they can have a battle. There is a clear difference.

It doesn't prove your point, if no special artifact is even hinted nor implied, then we do not go that route. If both Bowser and Misstar (with the latter being our most reliable as she's in desperate need for someone to stop Bowser) state that Bowser is going to destroy the dream worlds and then replace them with his own. Physical destruction not only requires the least amounts of evidence (because Bowser in this game literally has no items brought with him), but also aligns how he wants to replace them, meaning it'd need to be total destruction of the dream if he's going to then recreate another afterwards. I don't see the issue with Bowser being able to preform a physical Low 2-C feat, saying something like it doesn't feel right is argument from belief, and I know for sure Nintendo cares less if their character preforms high feats or not.

Yeah, maybe with other verses we can argue there are other methods of destruction, but in literally every game he's used a macguffin he boasts about it and shows it off almost right away or we the viewer clearly can tell he's buffed or using some artifact.

In this case the plot has Bowser threatening the Dream Worlds with destruction and is about to do so until a hero arrives, which is actually his main goal the whole time -- He wants to fight a strong opponent.

And King Olly clearly has warped more than just the Earth. When I say, "I'm going to fold the entire world" it logically would either mean planet Earth specifically or the Entire Universe, no one would say "The Entire World" if it was just the Solar System or Milky Way Galaxy and stuff like that.
Even if it is planet Earth, it doesn't really contradict anything. Like I said in my earlier comment, a solar system level character can very well say that he is going to destroy the world (meaning planet) and end up destroying the entire solar system in the process. His "world" is included in his scale of destruction. If I say I am going to destroy the world, I can destroy five planets with my blast and my statement would still hold true because by world, I only meant my planet which would be included in it. Simply because my scale exceeds planet level, doesn't necessarily mean I am automatically talking about the universe. Again, such a leap would require a lot more backing.

But there is a minion who is clearly example to fold the Sun as if it's his origami.
Going by the earlier example, just because I am stronger than someone who can destroy the Sun, again doesn't mean I must be talking about the universe when I say world. My goal doesn't rely on someone else's strength.

At the very least, King Olly's feat is Universal+ via reality warping.
I don't see how. Even assuming he is talking about the universe, I don't see any evidence that points to the implication that he can reality warp an entire universe in one shot.

I'm going to be against this point until actually convincing proof is brought forth. For now it only seems to be working with assumptions and leaping extrapolations which are not substantiated by enough proof that is required here.

Even if it is planet Earth, it doesn't really contradict anything. Like I said in my earlier comment, a solar system level character can very well say that he is going to destroy the world (meaning planet) and end up destroying the entire solar system in the process. His "world" is included in his scale of destruction. If I say I am going to destroy the world, I can destroy five planets with my blast and my statement would still hold true because by world, I only meant my planet which would be included in it. Simply because my scale exceeds planet level, doesn't necessarily mean I am automatically talking about the universe. Again, such a leap would require a lot more backing.
And why exactly would he affect an entire solar system when he could just affect the planet? That doesn't add up.

Plus I can play this game too. He could mean the entire universe, world can refer to one especially if it's backed up with another term that means space-time (fabric of reality). As a whole, the burden of proof is on you that he's only affecting the planet. Because as it stands, your idea doesn't add up with his goals at all. And you keep on saying we need this "absurd" amount of evidence, when world in general has consistently been used to describe universes in Mario.

Either way. Go with the simplest explanation always. He affects the universe because we see him affect the sun and world either means planet or universe. Your idea is that he affects the entire solar system when he only needs to affect the planet to achieve his goals. It's not only extra steps, but it also doesn't have anything backing it either. In other words, it's an entire assumption. The lowest interpretation is not always the most simplest one.

I don't see how. Even assuming he is talking about the universe, I don't see any evidence that points to the implication that he can reality warp an entire universe in one shot.
Either make a crt on most tier 2 characters on this site or concede. The site has never worked like that, we never have to see an entire universe get affected to get the tier. Statements work. Stop bringing this up all the time and expecting it to go through even though it's simple double standards.

AKM doesn't realize that he's arguing as if we only have world as a statement, but again, fabric of reality = all of space-time, that's quite literally the term for it. Your entire post overall doesn't tackle that point at all. Like, unless you can prove Olly was referring to something lesser, fabric of reality completely debunks that he isn't referring to the universe, and time itself. Which, you know, is needed for tier 2.

Also Galaxy establishes Toads live throughout several different galaxies, so if Olly is staying true to his word that he really hates Toads and wants them gone, already that alone means he's gonna be affecting beyond several galaxies.

Dino and AKM seem to make some good points.

I would prefer to see what Medeus thinks, but his health is bad at the moment.

Why would we suddenly and randomly assume that bowser was using mcguffins/machines for no reason? Seriously these claims requires evidence and not "oh uh maybe/might/i think blah blah" shenanigans

And why exactly would he affect an entire solar system when he could just affect the planet? That doesn't add up.
This question is irrelevant. Ask Cell for why he wanted to destroy the solar system when he could have just blown the planet. A villain can destroy whatever they want and if their destruction exceeds the amount that was actually necessary, there is no reason to fret over it. That's normal.

Plus I can play this game too. He could mean the entire universe, world can refer to one especially if it's backed up with another term that means space-time (fabric of reality). As a whole, the burden of proof is on you that he's only affecting the planet.
fabric of reality = all of space-time
Actually no. Because you do need a whole lot of evidence to prove such a claim. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The burden of proof is on the positive claim. It appears to me that you have some warped sense of understanding about how things are supposed to work. I have already gone over "space-time/fabric of reality" argument in my earlier comment. Repetition ad nauseum won't make that point legitimate.

He affects the universe because we see him affect the sun
Question. You say that we see him affecting the sun. Can you provide the evidence where he does that? Because I thought earlier you were claiming that a minion affected the sun, not him. Asking for clarification.

Either make a crt on most tier 2 characters on this site or concede. The site has never worked like that, we never have to see an entire universe get affected to get the tier. Statements work. Stop bringing this up all the time and expecting it to go through even though it's simple double standards.
Neither am I making any CRT for another verse when it's not necessary, nor am I conceding. The site has always worked like this. We never have to see an entire universe get affected to get the tier, statements work, but you're missing that other context are always involved in such cases. In many cases, the statements are backed by detailed exposition, scaling and other information that solidifies that the deed was going to be done in one-shot. A single statement on its own is never enough. You keep claiming double standards without bringing up an identical case, which I asked for, and told you I'd look into if needed. Regardless, if something else is wrong, doesn't mean we have to be wrong too.

Last edited:
Folding the fabric of reality isn't a Tier 2 feat in of itself. The world doesn't automatically mean universe- even if it means more than Earth. I am personally aware of a verse where "the known world" refers to a group of planets and the star orbiting them. So nah.

You guys are asking questions to AKM when the piece of fiction must answer them. If it doesn't, damn shame, sounds like the feat is too questionable to use for anything solid.

AKM, Bambu, and Dino:

So what do you think that we should do here?

Actually no. Because you do need a whole lot of evidence to prove such a claim. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The burden of proof is on the positive claim. It appears to me that you have some warped sense of understanding about how things are supposed to work. I have already gone over "space-time/fabric of reality" argument in my earlier comment. Repetition ad nauseum won't make that point legitimate.
Except we allow statements to be considered as legitimate for tiering, unless something contradicts said statement that is being made. Which is something you've yet to even do. If you're going to claim what Olly is saying isn't true and that he's making it up, it's your job to find why we shouldn't take his statement. Claiming you already adressed something and say you are automatically in the right is not a good argument. Unlike "world", fabric of reality isn't a term that hops from meaning to meaning, what I'm essentially arguing is your own headcanon. Again, it's another term of space and time. That is something you cannot refute. Your example went over specific details that would blatantly mean something else, but it isn't Olly's case.

To put it into perspective on why you're wrong, we'll go step by step on what Olly even refers to and what context.

He states very early on the world will be reshaped into how he wants it to be. World can mean many things in this case. Country, planet, solar system, universe, etc. So we get one of those options.

Next we see the sun is being affected. So that would mean world doesn't refer to anything lesser than just the sun (or solar system technically).

Then we have Olly having a massive grudge for all Toads, stating along with reshaping the world, he really wants them gone too. Toads have existed far beyond the solar system, up to being on multiple different galaxies to even inside different galaxy clusters. Meaning world would chalk off the solar system, or even just a single galaxy.

Finally we have the very fabric of reality. Which again, textbook definition of just another term for time and space. If I've already given evidence for Olly needing to range across several galaxy clusters as a lowball without the final statement, then it's clear to me that this context of space-time would be universal in size by both narrative and general definition. Not like this is the first time Mario had a plot where the fabric of reality meant universe (in-fact this is the second time), as Galaxy already had this same plot where Bowser wants to destroy the fabric of reality to make his own.

Folding the fabric of reality isn't a Tier 2 feat in of itself.
Reshaping all of space and time to your own image would be a tier 2 feat.

Stated by your own tiering system: "Significantly affect" is used as an umbrella term for feats that don't involve direct creation or destruction but are comparable to them in power, such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, merging the structure with another one, etc."

The world doesn't automatically mean universe- even if it means more than Earth.
Too bad we aren't using "world" as the main term. It's the very fabric of reality. Which I still have no idea why "space-time" and "reality" wouldn't just mean a universe with it's time. It'd be extremely odd for this word to mean something lower when its main definition automatically lists it as this high.

I haven't exactly looked into the other feat Dino was talking about to comment at the moment. But I am personally against the Olly one for reasons I have already explained.

EDIT: I won't be responding to Weeb's recent comment. Nothing he said in the post is new and has already been covered earlier. It is ignoring my points and explanation regarding certain stuff and repetition of the same old points.

I haven't exactly looked into the other feat Dino was talking about to comment at the moment. But I am personally against the Olly one for reasons I have already explained.
Okay. Thanks for helping out.

People keep using that phrase “you can use this to downgrade X”, at some point I have to say that if there using the same logic (which I doubt honestly) they warrant a re-examine too

Like, to dumb it down as much as possible.

Why would the very "fabric" (space-time) of "reality" (universe) not mean... a universe's space-time. Galaxy had the exact same term, which we also don't visually see time and space as a whole get affected. It's as if you're twisting the words to lessen its meaning.

I can also very much bring up examples where we tier a character based off of statements only, but then I'd just immediately get told, "these are different contexts" or "then make a CRT for this verse". My general point isn't that I disagree with their tiers, it's that we allow something like it.

Last edited:
Because you can manipulate a small facet of something without it being the full thing. Without proof that they do this, then we're not going to just randomly assume "guess they tinkered with all of the universe, tee and furthermore hee to all the verses we handle reasonably in this regard, this time's just special". That's silly. Fabric can just as easily refer to an area/piece/etc. Conversely I feel as though you're trying to play it up by talking about it a lot.

Like if there's other evidence, sure, whatever, but specifically the "fabric of reality" thing is absolutely bunk from what I can tell.

To add on what blaze said:
we aren't going to randomly assume he means the planet Hole punch is able to fold the sun, Olly is obviously stronger than him especially in his final form
Plus toads can live across the universe
Just put one and one together

Why would the very "fabric" (space-time) of "reality" (universe) not mean... a universe's space-time.
To dumb it down and answer your question once again, you can affect the space-time of the universe in a very limited scale and still call it affecting the fabric of reality. Shattering space-time on a limited scale is equivalent to affecting the fabric of reality. Creating a hole/portal in space-time is equivalent to affecting the fabric of reality. Causing reality to change with reality warping on a limited scale is also affecting the fabric of reality. The term doesn't have a fixed meaning and it always depends on the underlying context. This has always been a thing. Take this paragraph as a learning opportunity because you obviously don't know how the term or similar things work or are treated as here.

I can cut a tiny slice from a vegetable and still call it cutting the vegetable.

Plus toads can live across the universe
Also Galaxy establishes Toads live throughout several different galaxies, so if Olly is staying true to his word that he really hates Toads and wants them gone, already that alone means he's gonna be affecting beyond several galaxies.
Firstly, you are making an assumption that Olly is including Toads in his statement on the basis of him hating them and wanting them dead. Assumptions are not proofs. If you can prove Toads are included in that statement, then do that. I could hate an alien species living in Andromeda Galaxy and still only be able to destroy the world by destroying Earth and won't include those aliens when I talk about my world which is my planet. Hating someone living far away has no bearing to Olly's statement.

Secondly, even if Toads are included, he could still target them separately later. When I am finished with Earth, I can just fly up to Andromeda Galaxy and destroy the aliens I hate there. Nothing here suggests that he was going to reality warp the entire universe in one shot.

Because you can manipulate a small facet of something without it being the full thing.
Not when the term is space-time. How exactly do you manipulate a small facet of time, much less bend it to your will? I have no idea why you're claiming that this is a special case when it's generally not, I'd want to pull examples, but you'd dismiss any I say automatically. If we already visually see space isn't proper, that already suggests he isn't kidding.

But you guys want a bit of extra evidence, so I have some. Olly stated he wanted every single Toad to be completely folded, and he doesn't want a single one left. So in order for him to stay true to his word, this would include that Toads in places nearby Sky Station Galaxy. Which takes place at the edge of the universe. Ergo, with the narrative of what Olly wants to do, it's already now universal. I repeat, Olly wants all Toads gone, which include the ones located at the edge of the universe.

Firstly, you are making an assumption that Olly is including Toads in his statement on the basis of him hating them and wanting them dead.
Don't claim something is headcanon if you yourself don't even know much about the game.

To dumb it down and answer your question once again
You ever notice how every single example you used specifies that it's on a lesser scale where the statement was just contradicted to be on this tier, whereas this one isn't. Inherit meaning until proven otherwise.

Secondly, even if Toads are included, he could still target them separately later. When I am finished with Earth, I can just fly up to Andromeda Galaxy and destroy the aliens I hate there. Nothing here suggests that he was going to reality warp the entire universe in one shot.
Why would he be targeting them later now all of a sudden? Why argue it's all of a sudden an overtime feat (which affecting time overtime is still tier 2 irregardless) if your argument is it doesn't sound like it will be. That's argument from belief. Moreover, if he literally just claimed he's folding the fabric of reality (which he later says world which I proved to mean universe under both plot/narrative), why wouldn't that mean he's literally affecting both the universe and time right now instead of just one area? Is he just affecting a part of space? What gives off that implication if that's the case? Why is suddenly a universal statement being nitpicked to now "oh it's just overtime"?

Shattering space-time on a limited scale is equivalent to affecting the fabric of reality. Creating a hole/portal in space-time is equivalent to affecting the fabric of reality. Causing reality to change with reality warping on a limited scale is also affecting the fabric of reality. The term doesn't have a fixed meaning and it always depends on the underlying context.
This is false equivalence, it's literally stated it's a portal in your scan while here it's something else.
And damn it can you stop with "something can also means something else" or "just because something it doesn't mean something else" without backup evidence, i feel this is pure assumption tbf

I could hate an alien species living in Andromeda Galaxy and still only be able to destroy the world by destroying Earth and won't include those aliens when I talk about my world which is my planet. Hating someone living far away has no bearing to Olly's statement.

Sorry Not to be rude but please Keep your false equivalences to yourself Especially since you what you said is headcanon.
Why would we randomly assume he will go to them later where did you get that? Like seriously?

AKM, Bambu, and Dino:

So what do you think that we should do here?
Ask for the MP5, it's still a definite no. Bowser not using any macguffin-of-the-week in this plot doesn't automatically means he can destroy worlds now. There's still the factor that Bowser have not shown this level of power in games prior and he simply could mean destroying everything or causing chaos within the world rather than everything in one go. Otherwise, like Smashor said, he could of done it already. It doesn't why he wants to do it. The issue is how. As we stated before, extraordinary feats needs extraordinary details or evidence and someone else saying it isn't enough. With no context in how Bowser is going to do this, the fact he never did, no visual cues, anything plot relevant to support this, and Bowser's feat in previous games being nowhere a close, it's logical to take the statement as a hyperbolic one. This isn't nitpicking, it's just maintaining the standards of the wiki. Imagine how many buffs there would of have been if we just bought every villain with a "I'm going to destroy the ____" statement without the details in how.

AKM and Dino are correct as far as I am aware. We cannot make exceptions for how we evaluate Mario compared to other franchises in this regard.

How would it be a hyperbole that he was going to not destory the world in its entirety if he were going to literally replace said dream world after he was going to destroy it? Not only that, this isn't a villain only statement, we have one of the guardians of said location also state he's going to destroy each dream world. It feels as if you're invalidating statements as a whole and only want visuals, despite the fact that we've let many many others slide past.

Imagine how many buff there would of have been if we just bought every villain with a "I'm going to destroy the ____" statement without the details in how.
You'd be extremely surprised on how much we already allow this.

Never claimed headcanon. I claimed you're making an assumption based on what you said. And it appears to be true. Clearly, Olly's goal for Toads is different here. He wants to turn them into blank paper so he never has to see them again. While here he wants to fold and crease everyone, as in Origamy. So it appears to me that Toads are not included in that statement.

Why would he be targeting them later now all of a sudden? Why argue it's all of a sudden an overtime feat
Because there is no evidence of one shot? And it could be him doing the feat separately at different places. I already went over it.

Never claimed headcanon. I claimed you're making an assumption based on what you said.
Tomato, tomahto.

And it appears to be true. Clearly, Olly's goal for Toads is different here. He wants to turn them into blank paper so he never has to see them again. While here he wants to fold and crease everyone, as in Origamy. So it appears to me that Toads are not included in that statement.
You say that despite the fact that the entire game, even the very room he's in, is filled with folded Toads. So you're still wrong on that regard from lack of knowledge.

Because there is no evidence of one shot? And it could be him doing the feat separately at different places. I already went over it.
I don't want a "he could be doing this" as an argument, that let's me know you aren't sure. He claimed he's preforming a feat, and he gave us the extent on how much: the universe. He's already having universal range.

"Bowser can't destroy worlds"

Says who?

Conversely, it's also not consistently portrayed that his "corruption" is that potent either. Best we've seen is him corrupt a section of land at best and an entire world only when boosted + bloodlusted and a world with a size unspecified (though given their sun had cat ears I do think there's an argument that it's a separate dimension)

This argument can just be thrown right back at you.

You also ignored our posts explaining he IS about to destroy them but then the hero shows up, and the hero is actually what his wish was. He wanted to fight a strong opponent, so to do so he would destroy the dream worlds to get a hero to stand up is how it was explained.

And you can argue "over time" all you like but the Dream Depot recieves countless dreams literally every day, even to tge point where people were shown having multiple dreams pop up. Her worrying about the entirety of the Dream Depot as a whole and affecting people's ability to dream shows Bowser would need to act quick

Last edited:
They broadcast space, including with Toads, such as Bowser's Warp Orbit.
I don’t think Olly watches TV, let alone watching it while doing a evil take over the world plan, I also don’t think a Toad Hater would care too much about what well, Toads do

Why do these statements have to refer to every Toad in the universe? He could fold every Toad on the planet and his plan of “never having to see one of their stupid faces” would still be fulfilled.

And on the Sun Bit, Hole Punch was using the Sun as a source of Light for his Disco Ball, not really anything to do with King Olly’s plan

Also, there's probably an argument to be made that the Dreams of the game are conceptual and rrepresent a specific concept everyone dreams of. Her exact words after saving these dreams are something like "now we can all enjoy the dream of treasure hunting" and "thanks to you we can continue enjoying the dream of the ocean!"

The way she speaks like "we" and "everyone's dreams" but then refers to the dreams you go into as a singular concept leads me to believe these dreams are supposed to represent a concept people dream of. There's also the fact the character's dreams in the ending have these same dream worlds overlap amongst them. Two people dreaming of the ocean and so on.

This is pretty big regardless, I think. Hax or AP I think affecting these Dreams might be a conceptual feat

I don’t think Olly watches TV, let alone watching it while doing a evil take over the world plan, I also don’t think a Toad Hater would care too much about what well, Toads do
Implying like I care about what do you think and your arguments from your beliefs

Why do these statements have to refer to every Toad in the universe? He could fold every Toad on the planet and his plan of “never having to see one of their stupid faces” would still be fulfilled.
And why do you think it only refer to every toad in the planet only?
In fact there is no mention of "this planet" and he could fold every Toad on the universe and his plan would still fulfilled as well and i'm sure DDM mentioned that in his message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back