• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acrobatics Questions

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Apparently as of this thread Acrobatics has been changed to not let characters who can just jump high qualify, so what should those feats be indexed as? I've got quite a few pages, some on the wiki and some I'm still working on for feats such as jumping over tall gates, onto tall buildings, or across treetops, and I'd like to know what to do with them.

Also, I saw the section on the Acrobatics page for Self-Momentum...
Self-Momentum: The character controls their own movements, being capable of accelerating and decelerating quickly with no issues, by physical means, such as pushing against a surface or grabbing an object mid-air, in order to change one's direction.
And I'm struggling to understand what's required to qualify. Wouldn't almost every single fast character (i.e. any that can punch, dodge, or block at peak human/superhuman speeds) qualify for it? If not, what are the requirements? Does this feat (which, in short, amounts to "His first step was fast, his second step was slow, then his third step was fast") qualify?

I imagine it's referring to things like bouncing off of walls and debris with speeds that would not be logically possible. The picking up items I can only imagine comes from some videogame

I have no clue what the minimum requirement here would be though

Bump.

I'd say for acrobatics to be given to characters, the bare minimum they'd have to start with would be backflips, cartwheels and ropewalking and the like, then with the capability to climb literally anything.

Bump.

Did you mean to copy-paste your last comment?

My OP asked about a few specific feats (jumping over tall gates, onto buildings, across rooftops) and the minimum for qualifying via Self-Momentum, with a few example feats provided. Your response doesn't really address any of that.
Oh shit. I think I forgot that I had a blackout at the time of that comment on Thursday. I'll delete it.

Apparently as of this thread Acrobatics has been changed to not let characters who can just jump high qualify, so what should those feats be indexed as? I've got quite a few pages, some on the wiki and some I'm still working on for feats such as jumping over tall gates, onto tall buildings, or across treetops, and I'd like to know what to do with them.
I know it's a necro, but what I did with tall and long jump feats was put them in the range section of the profile, like "Can jump tens of meters (insert justification or feat here)"
Also, I saw the section on the Acrobatics page for Self-Momentum...

And I'm struggling to understand what's required to qualify. Wouldn't almost every single fast character (i.e. any that can punch, dodge, or block at peak human/superhuman speeds) qualify for it? If not, what are the requirements? Does this feat (which, in short, amounts to "His first step was fast, his second step was slow, then his third step was fast") qualify?
There's feats like changing the direction you move in with acrobatic maneuvers that qualify for Self-Momentum. It's not making a big dash and quickly changing direction while your feet are on the floor. A few examples I can think of assuming they're done under normal/less-exaggerated depiction of laws of physics:
  • When you're flying through the air (like after a jump or if someone hit you hard enough) you can change the direction you move in by tucking yourself in and doing a somersault that would allow you to choose where you'll fall. Like if you're flying forward, you can somersault to fall straight down instead of going forward to land on your feet.
  • With a similar situation as the above, you can also change direction by grabbing something in the air that's capable of flipping. You can hold on to the thing and flip it with your strength to be flipped along with it, changing your direction. Example
This makes me think that the acrobatics page needs more examples but that's adding too much work tbh

Back