• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Many of the instructional booklets for the mainline games describe the Spin Dash as allowing Sonic to "build up power"/"build up energy"/"build up momentum"/"build up speed" to increase damage and, obviously, speed. What does this qualify as? Acrobatics, Damage Boost, Limited Energy Manipulation, and Statistics Amplification?

Somethin' like this?
I'd also list Acrobatics (Hypermobility [I assume curling in on oneself that tightly would likely cause some discomfort at least, but they're perfectly fine. Even larger characters like Vector] & Self-Momentum [charging up to take off in a certain direction]).

Additionally, I have a small calc I'm working on for the Spin Dash that should help. I'll return when I'm done with that.

I don't think its energy manipulation for the same way a speeding car shouldn't have energy manipulation
Statistics Amplification, Limited Energy Manipulation, & Damage Boost (Can perform the Spin Dash, a "power-packed maneuver" that involves spinning in place to build up speed, momentum, power, and energy and instantly accelerate before breaking out into a "supercharged launch" and dashing at high-speeds)

In the context of the energy part, iirc it recharges the energy from the bar in 06; allowing Sonic to use his gem based abilities since he has enough meter from it.

I'm not gonna lie, you did a very good job in collecting all the scans involving the Spin Dash. I was gonna do something similar over time, but you beat me to it.

Here's a question for you @Nullflowerblush. Would you mind if I follow your example and use your imgur scans to apply this to other characters in a revision? (If you do the funny and just forget about this thread like you do your other ones, I'll switch this to a content revision)

Last edited:
Alright, so here's something I found that will benefit you greatly (and the verse at large).

In Sonic Labyrinth, the Super Spin Dash prevents Sonic from being affected by Robotnik's slow-down boots. It's reinforced as canon, doubling down that Sonic couldn't even run, in Tailstube. (Keep in mind this is the sole reference to it as the "Super" Spin Dash, but acts entirely like an average Spin Dash). So basically, the Spin Dash grants Resistance to Statistics Reduction. As such, we can implement the following to every person who uses it:

Interestingly, one more power/resistance and we can make the Spin Dash a verse-specific Power and Ability

Last edited:
DarkDragonMedeus approved of the sandbox here. As to why he didn't comment here, no clue

I'll see if another staff can give approval before the creation of the page and it's addition.

Back