• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acnologia vs Ainz

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Park

Just give up man.. he thinks IMMUNITY to DEATH MAGIC is inferior to general magic resistance against DEATH MAGIC. How that logic flows I'll never know but uhh I'm sure once the OP sees this is a stomp this thread will be done. And if not Ainz FRA

@Parkjammer

"those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time has passed"

Nothing says it's able to bypass magic resistence, all it's says is that it can ignore all resistence and immunities which is a NLF statement.

Something that is made using magic is able to bypass something that is resistence to magic, this seems so illogical. sorry dude, it's still inconclusiv to me.

Alright, Ikazi let me try to explain this to you one more time.

Ainz has this move called TGOALID. This move strengthens his death magic so that it bypasses all magic resistances (see the scan).

Now Acnologia has Magic resistance.

If Ainz uses TGOALID, his death magic will BYPASS (see the scan) any resistances (see the scan) Acnologia has.

And it will kill him.

Does this make sense?

@Aizenishere

You couldn't come up with a good argument so whatever i'm saying is trolling, are you sure you're not the one who is trolling. If you have nothing good to say here in this thread, it's best you unfollow it and leave.

None of the arugements that you guys have come up with so far has shown that ainz is able to defeat acno, all you guys are using is a statement that can be taken as a NLF to assume it can do anything to acnologia.

Magic resistence > Magical abilities. Acno will both eat and resist any of ainz abilites, unless ainz has abilities that are not magic based.

Ikazi, it removed the immunity from death from the air, the ground, and a construct with no concept of life or death and killed them ALL. From what we can see alone, it should be able to bypass acnologia's magic resistance

What are you not getting about this?

Here is the link to the chapter, you can ctrl F and find "the goal of all life is death" and read about where he uses it in the fight since you obviously don't understand.

@Parkjammer

It doesn't matter what the ability can do like i said before, if acnologia can eat/resist the very source of that ability which is it's magic, the ability would no longer work and those get nullified.

Acnologia: Magic Resistance and Absorption (Was unaffected by any magic attacks and can easily consume them. He can also drain magic from his opponent).

@IKazi

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Resistance_Negation

See this? TGOALID falls under the type: immunity negation, towards ANYTHING that would prevent the target from dying...."bypass any immunities or resistance"

KEYWORD ANY.....any icludes magic immunity/resistance IKazi ..Are you really arguing about this? What words mean? Because this is what this is coming down to. If you really are going to argue against this, then I am just inclined to believe you are a troll and nothing more.

@Jugger47

Magic resistence is a ability made to resist magical attack, tgoalid is a magical ability. It's one and only job is to resist anything magical related, so how can you say that it cannot resist something like tgoalid a ability made using magic.

"KEYWORD ANY.....any icludes magic immunity/resistance" Based on your assumption, sounds very NLF to me.

Also whats stopping acnologia from not eating the tgoalid itself, since it's a ability made using magic.

Acnologia: Magic Resistance and Absorption (Was unaffected by any magic attacks and can easily consume them. He can also drain magic from his opponent).

@IKazi

No, no its not. Any immunity means any IKazi .It's a self evident thing. I vote to completely disregard IKazi for either trolling or being completely ridiculous as this will get us no where else. As in Acnologia cannot survive TGOALID and its a hax instant death stomp. So for all the reasons that were already brought up by others and unless somebody else has something more to add im going to vote for Ainz at this point.

Also TGOALID is a skill....not a spell...

The Goal of All Life is Death: This special skill is one of Ainz's most powerful abilities and comes from the Eclipse-class

And its a skill that buffs any death magic spells ainz cast to bypass any immunity/resistance. Its a GG lol stomp.

Oh and "NLF to me"? Shalltear has complete immunity to instant death magic due to being undead and TGOALID was able to complete bypass it. Its a proven thing IKazi ...

@Jugger47

Ainz hasn't shown any feats of killing someone with strong magic resistance like acnologia with that said magical ability, so there is no reason for me to assume that it can. Also i don't see any reason for why acnologia cannot just straight up eat ainz magical ability, after all it's made using magic as it's source.

I don't see how neither of the characters can kill each other, because of that i'm voting inconclusive.

Looking at this I somehow get the opinion the Ainz is a walking NLF. Immunities to a bunch of things and something that bypasses all resistances... Yeah the very idea that anyone is utterly immune to something or can bypass any resistance is moronic. unless Ainz is the literal concept of death itself then there is on some level a way of resisting it and there is some way to bypass his immunities.

Now is Acnologia able to bypass those or anything? let's look at Natsu for a second. Time Stop magic didn't work on him at all. he just olbiterated Dimaria who mind you was possessed by a literal god of time. Acnologia is more powerful or at least in the same ballpark. anyone saying otherwise should probably re-read those final chapters. Then Natsu fights Zeref. with Ingeels flame he burns away instant death magic. Magic that has till that point only been resisted once.

In conclusion I'm not entirely sure who would win but, generally speaking Acno has an immense amount of magic resistance. Ainz's abilities must be resistable on some level or this thread is pointless. Finally I'd probably lean more towards Acnologia here because he was able to eat space time and needed plot power to be defeated.

In this wiki ainnz has resistance not immunity to anything that is an NLF. His immunities come from game mechanics.

Rocker1189 said:
In this wiki ainnz has resistance not immunity to anything that is an NLF. His immunities come from game mechanics.
which again seems like a NLF to me. unless he is the concept of death he can therefore be affected by death powers of someone a magnitude higher than him. it's like thanatos walking up to him. Ainz is not going to be able to turn away literal death. therefore I consider it simply to be a resistance higher than someone of his level might naturally have. he might resist it from someone 1 tier higher than his normal abilities but it would be insane if tier even higher wouldn't work.

I hope this makes sense. I just can't consider someone who is not a concept having absolute immunity to anything even by game mechanics. after all if we took it at face value for Fairy Tail only dragon slayer magic has ever actually hurt a dragon and god slaying magic only applied to not a dragon Natsu who found a workaround anyway.

I know it's probably useless, but Acno can resist Zeref's death magic, as Zeref stated he can't kill him.

If Zeref showed/was stated to bypass magic resistance, that could help.

@Blazenite104

Who said ainz is immune to something and what? I don't think anybody said that. If you guys have a problem with immunity negation, which is a thing on this website, make a seperate thread on it, because its a thing. If you two are really basing that fact that just because Acno has magic resistances (its not even immunity either) and that TGOALID cannot bypass his resistances (despite clearly being stated to be able to bypass any iimmunity/resistances and being shown to) causes Ainz to lose, is pretty strong mental gymnastics.

With people not accepting a clear immunity negation skill, I think this thread is going nowhere anymore.

Sorry it just seems going through the thread a lot of people are pulling what looks like NLF.

Ainz has the feat of bypassing Death Magic IMMUNITY. Acs resistance ain't helping him.

Lol, from reading this, I've seen someone who has said that: "Resistance" > Immunity.

Okay, firstly, you say that Ac can eat magic and become Immune to it, okay, so he eats [Widen Magic] CRY OF THE BANSHEE, TGOALID, he becomes Immune to Instant Death magic, he then dies.

Shalltear was immune to Instant Death Magic as well, but she died, she doesn't even have the concept of Life anymore, yet she still died.

And this isn't even taking into account Ainz's intellect, as he over-estimates his Enemies, look at the Clementine saga where he used several scrolls just to gather information and to cover his tracks, not even taking into account that Ainz will summon Multiple Minions to fight for him and can even then use the Cash Shop gear items to which into Perfect Warrior and fight him in Melee, and Ainz has shown to be able to fight well in Melee.

He fought Shalltear in Melee who's weapon is designed for it, not even taking into account the Hordes of Allies Ainz would have and then if things got too bad, he'd use the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown summoning more and they would summon the Forces of Nazzaric using Gate to bring them forward and fully geared.

Now you keep saying: "But he's immune to the source, Magic." Fantastic, the problem is, So was Shalltear, she was immune to the Source Magic, Death Magic, but it still works, and before you say: "He'd eat the Magic" fantastic, it would still fail to stop his own Death. You see, no matter how tall you build a wall, it's useless if you can just go around it, that's what TGOALIS does, imagine Resistances in this case as a 2D wall, very tall, now imagine TGOALIS as a 3-D being, the 2-D wall gets bigger by eating the Source and becoming Immune, pointless, as it's still being walked around.

I'll tally up the votes to this point I guess

Acnologia - 1? (blazenite104?)

Ainz Ooal Gown - 9 (parkjammer, aizenishere, delta3000, unholy bindings, zzsax, kuroiha, jugger47, theglassman12, udlmaster)

Inconclusive - 3 (vsguy75, ikazi, fdrybob)

Also a couple that didn't vote / I couldn't tell. Correct me if I'm wrong btw and I'll change the tally

edit: blazenite104 said he would give acnologia the edge so I counted that as a vote

Aizenishere said:
Shouldn't this be closed as a stomp since Dragon boi can't really do anything?
not necessarily. Ainz doesn't usually start with TGOALID, he'd be more likely to try death magic, maybe reality slash (which could also potentially hurt acno), maybe vermillion nova or any of his other spells before that which gives Acno a chance to hurt ainz. He's got the damage output to do overcome ainz'es passive negation. Acno supporters have been pretty focused acno's defense when it seems like his striking could definitely hurt ainz. That being said, Ainz would definitely keep his distance. Personally I don't think it's a bad fight but I do think ainz would win 8-9/10 times after resolving to use TGOALID.

Ainz has ressurection though, I didn't vote for Ainz I said this was a stomp because Acno has no way to put down Ainz permanently and after the first Ainz died if Acno could even manage that much Ainz would use TGOALID. It's a major stomp and shouldn't be added.

Ainz has a ring that resurrects him once, he only has to kill him twice to win the fight. He also has massively superior striking, potentially one shot could kill ainz.

Right and I'm saying even if Acno could kill him once. That one death would be enough to get Ainz serious and use TGOALID. So even in the event that Acno could kill Ainz, he would still lose because Ainz would use TGOALID immediately after. It's a fight that Acno can not win in any way at all. Hax stomped by Ainz

could* use lol, what I'm saying is he has only been shown to use it once, tactically against someone on his level (he had the whole battle played out beforehand). It's also his trump card, meaning that he'd try numerous other things before using it.

Not gonna argue with you though, I took you off the vote

Has anyone killed Ainz before? I feel like dying would make him want to use a trump card, especially if he notices that his opponent's attacks consist of firing magic blasts in various sizes and not much else.

@Udlmaster

"Okay, firstly, you say that Ac can eat magic and become Immune to it" Never said that, what i said was that acnologia will eat the source of the ability which is it's magic, without it's magic the ability will be gone and be turned into null.

"Shalltear was immune to Instant Death Magic" Being immune to instant death magic isn't the same as being resistance to magic in general, those 2 abilities are completely different. What acnologia is resistance to is the very source of ainz abilities, his magic. Without his magic, none of his abilities would work. So if acnologia can resist the very source of ainz ability which is his magic, then the ability itself cannot do anything without it's source.

"look at the Clementine saga" Celmentine isn't like acnologia, acnologia is someone who has lived for hundreds of years and been fighting thousands of dragons. He has the battle experience here.

"Perfect Warrior and fight him in Melee" Perfect warrior isn't gonna do anything, ainz is only 6-c while acnologia is 6-b to likely high 6-b. When it comes to pure ap, acnologia will destroy perfect warrior ainz in seconds. What is helping ainz in this battle is his hax, without his hax ainz isn't gonna do anythng to acnologia.

"Ainz will summon Multiple Minions" "he'd use the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown summoning more" Anything weaker than ainz himself will get destroyed in seconds, you think minions can stop acnologia?. Seriously, they will all get killed from a single attack.

"the problem is, So was Shalltear, she was immune to the Source Magic" She doesn't have the same magic resistance as acnologia does, she can't even take a single tier 1 magic attack from ainz. That's how weak her magic resistance is, she can't be used as a comparison with acnologia

"before you say: "He'd eat the Magic" fantastic, it would still fail to stop his own Death." How? A ability without it's magic source isn't gonna work, it will just disappear. So tell me, how is it gonna kill acnologia. Ainz is just gonna waste his mana here, he is just feeding acnologia his mana for free.

TGOALID isn't gonna work at all, it's a ability that is made from magic. Nor is any other magic based abilities of ainz gonna work on acnologia, they will all either get resisted or eaten.

This match has no winner, it's a inconclusiv match. Stop making assumtions on things that ainz hasn't personally shown to be able to do, it's is doing nothing but making it sound very NLF.

I'm not the only one saying it's a stomp, other people agree too. I mean Ainz has a whole list of hax that would destroy Acno. Stuff like soul manip, black hole creation, stat reduction, morality manip, reality warping. Even the people that are voting for Ainz say he would win 10/10. It's not hard to see this is a stomp.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Has anyone killed Ainz before? I feel like dying would make him want to use a trump card, especially if he notices that his opponent's attacks consist of firing magic blasts in various sizes and not much else.
No, he's never been pushed into a corner. The only time he's used it was because he knew he had to, and he was kinda pissed/reluctant to use it if I remember. Also it took him until nearly the end of the fight to use even under constant assault by shalltear (allthough it seems really choreographed on his part looking back at it, he predicted most of what would go on during the battle and new he had to use it at a certain point. if he's being rushed by acno I doubt he'd default to it though). That being said, I think it's enough to say it's not a stomp but a clean ainz win

@Ikazi

TGOALID's sole purpose is to negate resistance to death magic. Saying that he'd somehow resist resistance negation is completely illogical and not supported by anything

DragonEmperor23 said:
I'm not the only one saying it's a stomp, other people agree too. I mean Ainz has a whole list of hax that would destroy Acno. Stuff like soul manip, black hole creation, stat reduction, morality manip, reality warping. Even the people that are voting for Ainz say he would win 10/10. It's not hard to see this is a stomp.
This is fair, I was under the impression that acno would be able to resist most magic though. If not then you're 100% right that this is a stomp

IKazi said:
"Shalltear was immune to Instant Death Magic" Being immune to instant death magic isn't the same as being resistance to magic in general, those 2 abilities are completely different. What acnologia is resistance to is the very source of ainz abilities, his magic. Without his magic, none of his abilities would work. So if acnologia can resist the very source of ainz ability which is his magic, then the ability itself cannot do anything without it's source.
No, we are already past this IKazi, honestly you denying this is going to get you no where anymore. Its already been proven and people have given scan after scan, you just don't want to accept the words "bypass any immunities or resistance" This is a stomp, Ainz is too smart to not use TGOALID after realizing his opponents strength very early on. So either make a seperate thread about resistance/immunity negation or just stop.

So tally is?

Acnologia -1?

Ainz Ooal Gown - 11 (added DeathNoodles and Udlmaster)

Inconslusive 3?

@Parkjammer

I have read what TGOALID can do, and there is nothing that says it can bypass magic resistance nor has ainz shown to be able to defeat someone who has a very strong magic resistance like acnologia with it.

Magic resistance one and only job is to resist magic attack, to say that it cannot do it's one and only job here is very illogical .TGOALID is made from magic, if you had proof of it not being magic then i wouldn't argue with you. But the fact that it's made from magic and ainz uses his mana everytime he activates the ability stands, so i have no reason to assume that it cannot be resist with magic resistance.

Also doesn't even need to resist the attack, he can just eat it and give himself boost.

none of ainz other abilities are gonna work either, they will either get eaten or resisted. Their durability and ap is also so far apart, ainz is only 6-c while acnologia is 6-b to likely high 6-b. I don't see what ainz can do to hurt acnologia here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back