• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd go for Achilles. His invunerability NP seems alot more absolute than Iihiko's defensive hacks, granted I only scanned his page a bit. Akhilleus Kosmos should give Achilles the win imo. It'll stop anything Tsurubami throws at him and if Achilles uses it as a weapon, I doubt Tsuru would survive.

AsianAntics said:
I'd go for Achilles. His invunerability NP seems alot more absolute than Iihiko's defensive hacks, granted I only scanned his page a bit. Akhilleus Kosmos should give Achilles the win imo. It'll stop anything Tsurubami throws at him and if Achilles uses it as a weapon, I doubt Tsuru would survive.
Does any of that protect against death manip or sealing?

Also, Tsurubami can turn attacks into "nothing" when "confronted", so he should be able to survive.

Agnaa said:
AsianAntics said:
Does any of that protect against death manip or sealing?
Also, Tsurubami can turn attacks into "nothing" when "confronted", so he should be able to survive.
It should. The only way someone can damage Achilles through his Invincibility NP is if they possess a divine trait or their attack is 'friendly' (ex. Vampire bite).

That's about the same as Akhellius Kosmos. It turns any attack thrown at it into nothing unless that attack is Anti-World. Any attack under that (unless being an Anti-Divine Anti-Country in which the shield will be destroyed with the NP) will be turned into nothing. What's special about Achilles using his NP is that he can use it as an attack as well as an absolute defense.

Normally I would agree, but Styles work on a system of reciprication. If Achilles can understand his words or feelings, he will be effected. However, if he tosses up his Planet shield that will definitely prevent communication and grant him the win, but he doesn't usually go for it in character. Also, the reason the Vampire Bite worked is because it isn't considered an attack at all, but instead a "sign of friendship"

@AsianAntics Death manip and sealing aren't conventional damage. Does Achilles have feats of resisting those through invincibility?

Agnaa said:
@AsianAntics Death manip and sealing aren't conventional damage. Does Achilles have feats of resisting those through invincibility?
Normally his skin would protect from it, yes, but not against these

Normally his skin would protect from it, yes, but not against these

His NP states that he's immune to all damage so it's safe to assume so. If Tsurubami has an ability that lets him detect Achilles' weakness in his heel, he should be able to go for that. The problem would then be actually hitting his heel.

And Tsurubami's abilities ignore such things, because as long as you understand a style will effect you. Although to answer your question, yes, he has Large Quantity that should hit his heal even if he realizes that his other attacks aren't working, but I think they will

@AsianAntics Again, death manip and sealing aren't conventional damage, you need to demonstrate that Achilles is immune to death manip and sealing.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
And Tsurubami's abilities ignore such things, because as long as you understand a style will effect you. Although to answer your question, yes, he has Large Quantity that should hit his heal even if he realizes that his other attacks aren't working, but I think they will
It's said he can't be damaged by Siegfried's Balmung which is an Anti-Army NP. That's a lot of area that would be covered across Achilles' body yet it still doesn't manage to damage him. If his heel isn't hit by an attack that can hit 500 people with one blow, I don't think he'd be hit by the attack unless the "large quantity" is larger than a army wiping attack.

"Large Quantity" is actually the name of an ability Fukurou has. By attacking in "Large Quantities" (ÕñÑ), the user can make it so that their barrage is "Much" (ÕñÜ) "Success" (µ×£), causing all the attacks to land and be effective against the enemy.

It's probability manipulation to make attacks with a large amount of projectiles work.

Agnaa said:
"Large Quantity" is actually the name of an ability Fukurou has. By attacking in "Large Quantities" (ÕñÑ), the user can make it so that their barrage is "Much" (ÕñÜ) "Success" (µ×£), causing all the attacks to land and be effective against the enemy.
It's probability manipulation to make attacks with a large amount of projectiles work.
Ah. Still, would that act as a homing missile to his heel? Only way I see the attack connecting is if it's really lucky and it someone breaks through his armoured heel or if he's throwing it around like he did in his fight against Chiron in his reality marble. Only difference there is that Achilles' invincibility NP was negated by his other NP which specifically negates all NP's.

The reason I don't think that'd work is because not only is Achilles' heel a hard target to hit, he's also really, really, fast and would block the attack if the situation came down to it. Tsurubami will still have no idea how to damage Achilles if his invicibility is active. The biggest hint he might get is if the notices his Large Quanity homing to Achilles' heel, if it can even do that. Basically, the only time Achilles' heel is ever hit in Fate is by an NP that's Massively FTL+ tagging him from behind while he's not on-guard and standing still.

Agnaa said:
Here's the scan of another character using it. The character it was being used on didn't have specific weak spots.
Is there any other times he uses Large Quantity? Only going by that feat, I have no doubt it won't affect Achilles at all. The attack pinned the character to the wall but that was about it. I also doubt that character is anywhere near Achilles' level in strength and that if the same situation had happened to him, he would have broken out of the immobilization fairly easily.

Its probability manip. Scythes sticking into someone to the point that they cannot be removed is much more of a probability feat than just landing on a specific point

Still Achilles. Large Quantity is going to have a hell of a hard time hitting his heel and if his heel isn't hit, he isn't taking any damage. Large Quantity works on prob-manip so even if it tries to lock on to Achilles' heel, it's not that hard for him to defend it. He has a giant shield he can use or he could just move his foot and dodge and/or runaway from it.

Achilles AP wise also can use that shield Akhellius Kosmos to crush Tsurubami with the concept of the world or use his chariot Troias Tragoidia that at full speed can overtake anything. Two of the three horses pulling Achilles' chariot are also stated to be as durable as a servant so they aren't being killed either without some firepower.

Even with speed equalized, Achilles has two different speed amp NP's that should definitely make him faster than Tsurubami. If all else fails, Comet form + Akhellius Kosmos should grant him the win handily.

Yes, he has a giant shield but he doesn't open with that. Dodging won't help get away from probability manip

Yes, if he uses the shield he can take it but he doesn't open with that. Tsurubami has Combine Everything which will grant him the fire power of Achilles and his horses combined

Stat difference won't matter since Tsurubami can combine the stats of everyone around him. We all know his big as shield is a win condition, but he doesn't go for his shield that often. I don't think he has ever actually even used it himself on screen

Back