• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not sure if I have any recollection of how Medaka box ended, but isn't this the troll who dropped the moon on Medaka?

Nope, it just automatically happens when he dies.

The shield is currently rated planet level even though it should scale to Vasavi Shakti like its justification says.

It's current rating is enough to block Testament

It's a bounded field that also separates whatever is in it from the rest of the world, so there is nothing to recognize. In addition you would have to prove it can bypass conceptual defenses.

Where does testament bypassing defensive stuff even come from? It's the moon falling as a consequence of a post death style, recognizing it falling wouldn't make it bypass defenses.

Paul Frank said:
The shield is currently rated planet level even though it should scale to Vasavi Shakti like its justification says.
It's current rating is enough to block Testament
Not sure who rated it to planet level, but there are no servants anywhere near that level.

Paul Frank said:
It's a bounded field that also separates whatever is in it from the rest of the world, so there is nothing to recognize. In addition you would have to prove it can bypass conceptual defenses.
Where does testament bypassing defensive stuff even come from? It's the moon falling as a consequence of a post death style, recognizing it falling wouldn't make it bypass defenses.
That part is true, which is why I assume it will cut off the other styles, but if Achilles recognizes the moon is falling, then it doesn't matter if he tosses up the shield or not, it's too late. I'm not sure what the conceptual nature has to do with anything

All styles have that property, and Testament is no different. Keep in mind that even something you wouldn't think of as being reliant on recognition like duplication or conceptual transformation are still bound by the system of reciprocity.

I don't get why styles getting around Iihiko's defensive hax means that any character that recognizes a style has their defensive hax fail.

So what if Achilles just like

Bfr'd the moon with the shield instead of hiding with it

even though hiding in it would work

Karna's Kavancha and Kundala cuts all damage to him by 90% without fail.

One reason Achilles is called on par with the guy is because his Invulnerability negates any and all damage to his person unless you meet one or more prerequesites. Having Divinity above his C rank, or having hit his heel with an attack strong enough to damage it (remember that Achilles's body is still many times stronger and resilient than any human's without his Invul).

The doc can do whatever he wants, but in video game terms, he isn't reducing that health bar unless he meets the requirements.

And hitting his heel isn't an auto-win. It just strips away his Invulnerability.

Agnaa said:
I don't get why styles getting around Iihiko's defensive hax means that any character that recognizes a style has their defensive hax fail.
It's not just cuz of Iihiko. They also bypassed the age lady's defenses as well

Schnee One said:
Another thing
Yes it ignored the defense Hax of Lihiko.

But he's still 5C vs a Low 5B

Pure Dura should save Achilles
That's a pretty good point, but iirc he doesn't use the shield in character usually

It's not that he won't use it in character he just never needed to during the war and gave it to Astolfo

I'm fairly certain he can deploy the shield around things other than himself considering he can use the bounded field as a method of crushing the opponent with the weight of the world by using the shield and pushing forward

Iapitus The Impaler said:
It's not just cuz of Iihiko. They also bypassed the age lady's defenses as well
Age lady's defenses was literally just taping babies to her. Which was bypassed specifically by making a shockwave such that the babies weren't hurt but the age lady was. This is not proof that all styles auto-bypass any defensive hax.

That's a pretty good point, but iirc he doesn't use the shield in character usually

I really doubt in character is going to mean much when you have the ******* Moon falling on you.

Back