• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
OOOOHH baby!

I was gonna start a versus thread of my own with this one, but I guess I'll set up a Ryuko vs Accelerator one a bit later, then....maybe?

Anyways, one question: Are they in-character or bloodlusted?

Considering this is Post Headshot Accelerator, who is actually weaker than his Pre Headshot version, I don't see this going in his favor that easily, considering how limited his abilities are now compared to his previous self. I do think Pre Headshot Accel will give Mami a hard time, but considered Mami literally has "Unlimited Rifle Works" (or "Gate of Ammunition"), I don't see him holding out for very long, so as mentioned above, he'd have to end it up quickly, but Mami is known for stall battles. Also, there's the ribbons, which I'm pretty sure aren't going to be reflected that easily. I don't remember when Mami gets Power Null, though....I think it was from the ribbons?

P.S. I'm only try to analyze here from what I saw in the anime adaptations from their respective series. I have scarce knowledge when it comes to manga/LN sources.

<Given how limited his abilities are

How? Nothing changes from his post and pre headshot but his time limit

And the ribbons won't be reflected why?

Schnee One said:
<Given how limited his abilities are
How? Nothing changes from his post and pre headshot but his time limit

And the ribbons won't be reflected why?
<Nothing changes from his post and pre headshot but his time limit

The profile says that his pre-headshot version is "at least twice as strong" as his post-headshot version. Is this really based ONLY on his time limit?

<The ribbons won't be reflected.

So you're saying that it'll reflect and wrap up Mami instead, or they'll just simply fail to bind him?

Also, my first question wasn't answered: are they in-character or bloodlusted?

I just want the answers before I cast my vote :p

Xtasyamphetamine said:
They're in-character.
Mami tends to go into frozen panic mode if I can recall, when things don't go according to expectations. So I wonder about the magnitude of surprise it'll be when she sees the first shot being rejected.

Schnee One said:
It'll simply fail
2x stronger is AP based, not ability based
ahh okay, I see.

If that's the case, I feel like this is pretty much a STOMP, cause there won't be much that Mami can do, if at all, to Post-Headshot Accel if he can KO her within the time limit, which I think he most definitely can if the ribbons don't work, either. Mami's usage of ribbons from what I saw the Rebellion movie will be pretty much a slight delay at best (if she can pull it off at all during the match)

STOMP or not, though, I'm casting my vote for Accel here.

Schnee One said:
Err
Why is Mami suddenly useless without ribbons?
Wait, didn't you say earlier they'll just get reflected like with the case of Misaka's mine back in Railgun S? You have me confused.

I'm not trying to say that she's useless with ribbons, unless I worded that wrong or you misinterpreted my point.

I'm just saying that even with the abilities she has in Base form, INCLUDING the ribbons, she's less likely to beat Post Headshot Accel in SBA because of his Vector Manipulation still being potent, but with, like you just stated, a time limit. Yes, there's the stall war possibility, but is that more likely to happen before Accel basically one-shots Mami with her own attack?

I'm just trying to clear things up here :\

Schnee One said:
So you're saying Accel kills her first because of vector manipulation
How is the question
You know what? I take it back. I looked again at the comments above and then at her profile.....Mami has Reality Warping or Manipulation even in Base form. Or is that a listing error?

Schnee One said:
She doesn't
There's a dash directly before that
oh okay, my bad.

well, now I can't even pick a side. Either Accel managed to reflect an attack and one shot Mami, or Mami stalls him until his timer is up, and rest is history.

I'm banking on Inconclusive here for now.

hmmmm, granted that Mami's Ribbon trap is invi and Accel's Vector Shield hasn't probably listed or block the existence of the said ribbons, would he notice and decode it right away before all the ribbons appear before he gets killed?

Why does he need to notice it?

He's not the one doing the vectors, his Choker is

"Hasn't probably listed or block said ribbons"

Dude has, at the very least, High 6A Durability with the shield, and can block out literal light.

Just remember that Mami bullets can acutally bypass barrier/shield.

But considering Accel's "shield" does not has any form, not sure how the bullets would interract with the "shield".

Accel's shield isn't a real shield. Is a "reversing field" it isn't blocking, it is directly manipulating the direction of the attack, reversing it. Also, Accel got some wird thing in the last volume, which can make him stomp her here. Her ribbons are less "magical" than the magic he had reflected. She is definitely going to panic once her first bullets just rips right through her body.

And?

She just goes "Oh a shield" and dodges

A reflecting bullet is still a bullet, from a 4KM distance no less

Range: A few dozen meters with firearms and standard vector attacks, several kilometers with Air Manipulation (Can manipulate the air across Academy City), one planetary diameter when using the Earth's energy and rotation. Varies with what vector he comes in contact with

nah. A few dozen meters at best.

SBA makes both of them inside the range of each other's standard attacks. Accel has the shortest range, so Mami will not start 4km away.

Back